DZILVU1
  •  DZILVU1
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, August 23, 2009 6:56:16 PM
Who would you say had the best gorilla girl show operation? although it's been awhile since we've seen one, My favorite was a German husband and wife team that had one on Babe Vivona's unit when I was a young girl. Their's was a very first class theatrical show. I actually witnessed a man drive the center pole out of the ground with his head getting out of there! along with plenty of parents trampling over their own children.
Rules are fine, As long as they apply to everyone the same
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, August 24, 2009 4:00:55 AM
GOD, I love that show!!!

Constantine sp?
DZILVU1
  •  DZILVU1
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, August 24, 2009 8:34:11 AM
Scott, I think Jack still moves his? is that the only one you've ever witnessed? Alittle to the side of this topic. Have you ever seen a wrestling bear act. we were playing a spotin Athens Ga. once back in the the mid 70's and a friend of our's had his joints booked in for a few spots. While he was there we played a spot where a guy came in with a wrestling bear act, the promo was if you could pin the bear for just few seconds you'd get 50.00 dollars! sounds fairly easy right, yeah okay. well after one of our friends help fresh out of New York thought I've fought tougher than this! Let me tell you it didn't take a minute for this bear to demolish these guy's!! I didn't know whether to laugh or frown at these poor guys behind the counters looking like they survive a bus crash! P.S. that being said, There was one guy who came out to fair he stood about 6'5,260lbs overalls and no shoes....he took the bear and gave him a new respect for all human kind! it was funny watching the bear owner yelling at the guy to get off his bear because he was afraid of him hurting it..you've never seen a man so mad to have to give up 50.00 in your life.
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, August 24, 2009 8:45:44 AM
Victor, the wrestling bear ! I almost volunteered to wrestle it one day in Charleston, S.C.back in the late 70s......then i came to my sences....lol....

The Parsons used to have a good Gorilla show, many moons ago. The announcer makes the show , imo.
J-bird
Monday, August 24, 2009 8:54:47 AM
This is my alltime favorite sideshow attraction......the best one I have seen was at the NCSF in '93 when Strates had the midway. That was the first and the best gorilla girl show I have seen. The reference to Constantine.....was he the one then that had it (?). The few that I've seen since then have been pretty lame.
bolarina
Monday, August 24, 2009 9:33:58 AM
i think joy fleenor with out a dought had one of the classiest girl show revues!!! and i think phil wilson had some pretty good gorrila shows in the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its never too soon, but it might be too late...get your hiney checked!
80miler
Monday, August 24, 2009 10:32:06 AM
back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, August 24, 2009 12:15:32 PM
I remember the one that Strates had back in the day.... nice show the girls were always top notch.. hell of a show tho, them marks would come out a runnin ! [:D] I know that Bob Johnson ran the show for a while then it kind of went with everything else to WQ and never left.
I never knew that Joy Fleenor had a girl show... I always thought that the family had the "hell drivers" shows....She was a very classie lady.
it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, August 24, 2009 12:33:00 PM
there was a gorilla show at our old fairgrounds when aofa was there. great show. the crowd took the tent down one night. do not stand near the exit if you did not want to get run over.
DZILVU1
  •  DZILVU1
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, August 24, 2009 12:34:38 PM
That's right VICTOR the wrestling bear! And your right Bolarina, Joy Fleenor had a first class operation..And of course I don't think there were to many backend shows that Phil and Monica Wilson took second place too. He's definitely one of the best mike men in the business.
Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, August 24, 2009 1:29:05 PM
I was at Bloomsburg in '72 or '73 and hung out in the gorilla show damn near the whole fair (the normal 7 y/o kid's stuff to do got boring). What p***ed me off was one time I was the only person watching the show, and the SOB working it crashed though the cage in jeans and a white t-shirt, only wearing the gorilla head piece. That's when I realized it was fake...
A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

jkjones1973
Monday, August 24, 2009 1:35:05 PM
peter Hennen and George Dugan were the best Girl to Gorilla operators in the business. These shows were an asset to any midway
malloryleroux
Monday, August 24, 2009 1:48:13 PM
Ronnie and Michelle Crockenberg had a Gorilla Girl show and a Strange Girl show over on Big A in the 70s and earlie to mid 80s at one time I think they had a snake show also.Mostly on the Big show.
DONT START WITH ME CAUSE YOU WILL NOT WIN!!!!MalloryLeroux
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, August 24, 2009 4:57:51 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 80miler

Any body remember Zambora

"Caught in the jungles of Nirobi Africa. Could she be the Missing link? Part of a crule and humman experiment. You'll see her eyes sink into her head, and hair starts to cover her beautiful body... WITNESS THE TRANSFORMATION! ZAMBORA!

That's how I remember the Bally... Man... the real show was out front.

Worst show was in Tampa a few years ago... all mechanical
cny_chris
Monday, August 24, 2009 5:03:19 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 80miler

Any body remember Zambora

"Caught in the jungles of Nirobi Africa. Could she be the Missing link? Part of a crule and humman experiment. You'll see her eyes sink into her head, and hair starts to cover her beautiful body... WITNESS THE TRANSFORMATION! ZAMBORA!

That's how I remember the Bally... Man... the real show was out front.

Worst show was in Tampa a few years ago... all mechanical

Sad thing was, it was doing a pretty good job of scaring the bejeezus out of the locals. [:D][}:)][;)][:D]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy