Benjibear
  •  Benjibear
  • 80.26% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, June 11, 2009 2:31:51 AM
Look my photos must be good enough to advertise this fair:
http://www.shencofair.com/carnival.html 

Would have been nice if they asked permission but at least they didn't cut my name off.

It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, June 11, 2009 3:09:41 AM
Nice pics, though !....lol....do you think the fair "borrowed" them, or the show submitted them?
Benjibear
  •  Benjibear
  • 80.26% (Honored)
Thursday, June 11, 2009 3:41:40 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rhino

Nice pics, though !....lol....do you think the fair "borrowed" them, or the show submitted them?

Good questions.

Here is a link to the original album. I think these were taken in 2007 in New Freedom, PA.

http://www1.snapfish.com...E3BFC35E80D70AA3DB661221 
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, June 11, 2009 5:17:44 AM
Tell them they are in violation of your rights but you will overlook it for a fee of $100.

You call the shots, tell em what you want; double bag of floss, free gate admission for 2 years, free rides......flag man at the demo derby (sigh), Himalaya mic man for the day (with possum belly privileges & no ID'ing required).....
UserPostedImage
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Thursday, June 11, 2009 7:57:24 AM
proably more of the fair asked for pictures, and the show couldn't come up with anything online of there own, so they "recommended" using a album that already exsisited
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
skywheel88
Thursday, June 11, 2009 8:17:08 AM
Lol![:D] Yeah, they should have asked for your permission, that's cool that they used your pics on their site though, and they are nice pics too.[:D]
Kenny.

Skywheelrider
Thursday, June 11, 2009 10:40:32 AM
I've run into this many times before. Usually a simple email will clear things up, they apologize, give you credit and leave the photos up, or remove them. You do own the rights to the photos you take, but the problem is, if something like this happens, and you do nothing, after awhile they become considered "public domain" and you no longer have the copyright on them. So by simply emailing the webmaster and letting him/her know those are your photos and asserting your rights to them, you keep that from happening, even if you let them continue to use them. I have had many folks ask for permission first, and I almost always say go ahead as long as I either get credit or my name is not edited off (photos used as is), just to make sure I keep the rights to them, and they are fine with that.

I had one fair using my photos of Wade Shows (without permission) to advertise their midway, and it was a Reithoffer fair! (One of their biggest spots on their route, as well.) LOL Figure that one out....

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Pizzagod
Thursday, June 11, 2009 10:58:01 AM
Same thing happened to me when I took this shot....
UserPostedImage
No respect, I tell ya....
For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, June 11, 2009 11:00:07 AM
How do you put your name on a pic?( Not that anyone would use one of my lousy shots...lol)
Skywheelrider
Thursday, June 11, 2009 11:13:39 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rhino

How do you put your name on a pic?( Not that anyone would use one of my lousy shots...lol)

Well, you can use a photo-editing program that allows you to add text, or download a program like "U Mark Lite" that allows you to add text (and size it) as a watermark, and watermark up to fifty photos at one time.

By the way, you do take some nice photos, the last set you uploaded looked good.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Thrillseeker
Thursday, June 11, 2009 2:35:02 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider
Well, you can use a photo-editing program that allows you to add text, or download a program like "U Mark Lite" that allows you to add text (and size it) as a watermark, and watermark up to fifty photos at one time.

I was wondering about the same thing too, for the many pics that I have taken. I wonder if there is a way to do videos as well?
A.J.
(Still (somewhat) the Thrillseeker...?)
"The Pharaoh's Fury caused a Tornado which make everyone Freak Out. Well, except me."
http://thrillseeker.spaceplane.ws/ 
- The Thrillseeker Carnival Series is coming back in 2011! -
Benjibear
  •  Benjibear
  • 80.26% (Honored)
Thursday, June 11, 2009 2:46:18 PM
Response from the web site:

As the owner of a website that sells murals and limited edition prints I understand your position completely. I thought those photos were Pennwood's when I found them earlier this year. Thank you very much for granting permission to leave them as they add a lot to the site.