Thrillseeker
Tuesday, May 26, 2009 8:57:58 PM
...where should I go? I might go as far as going to a State Fair outside of the state.

The CNE is a ponder.

Some ideas on where I should head to if the MI State Fair is actually cancelled (although I have a gut feeling it won't, but then as I heard, it is still in the air...)
A.J.
(Still (somewhat) the Thrillseeker...?)
"The Pharaoh's Fury caused a Tornado which make everyone Freak Out. Well, except me."
http://thrillseeker.spaceplane.ws/ 
- The Thrillseeker Carnival Series is coming back in 2011! -
Larry White
Tuesday, May 26, 2009 9:01:24 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Thrillseeker

...where should I go? I might go as far as going to a State Fair outside of the state.

The CNE is a ponder.

Some ideas on where I should head to if the MI State Fair is actually cancelled (although I have a gut feeling it won't, but then as I heard, it is still in the air...)

Canceled ?

You're killing me , HARRY !!
Thumbs Up, Harry !
showman
Tuesday, May 26, 2009 11:36:05 PM
WHAT ?

Where did you hear that from ? Thats not NICE !
Bowler Roller
Wednesday, May 27, 2009 3:09:50 AM
There will be a show this year.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Larry Smith
Wednesday, May 27, 2009 5:22:35 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bowler Roller

There will be a show this year.

Yes this year is a lock but......2010.....Ehhhhhhhh.

I will predict that somehow someway unless the Gov sells the property (Which I know has been discussed in the papers.) or something like that. Theres still a lot of people in the area that won't let that fair die...Also If the economy gets a little better then sponsors might be found to keep it afloat. We will see.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, May 27, 2009 5:29:07 AM
Fret not. You will find a sponsor with the new owners of GM (Big Pockets) when the deal goes down, now that Uncle Sam will be owning 70% of GM.

Say, have you heard about the new GM Big dually, "The Obamarado". Gonna git me one.
UserPostedImage
Thrillseeker
Wednesday, May 27, 2009 8:15:59 AM
Had a few people in the city say that the fair was still in the air. I was a little nervous, but still wondering. I was just weighing possible options, just in case. I figured that since NAME has it on their site that it was etched in stone for this year.

In any case, I might have to do that for '10 (if such does happen). But since I know there will be a fair this year, I won't have to worry anymore. At least for this year.
A.J.
(Still (somewhat) the Thrillseeker...?)
"The Pharaoh's Fury caused a Tornado which make everyone Freak Out. Well, except me."
http://thrillseeker.spaceplane.ws/ 
- The Thrillseeker Carnival Series is coming back in 2011! -
BeauceCarnavalMan
Wednesday, May 27, 2009 8:38:45 AM
CNE gets about 60 rides half of the kiddies keep that in mind
BeauceCarnavalMan
detroit121
Wednesday, May 27, 2009 9:07:29 AM
that fair aint closing and that is a pretty solid statement coming from a person who has done his homework on the positives and negatives of the fair news.it takes alot more than the state losing money and a few fair haters to get that fair put into the history books.were there is old sponsors, there will be new,maybe not as big and strong but there will be somebody.ill say this again,this state of michigan is a much stronger player in the nations economy than it gets credit for here on this website.the reason why you will read so much more about the negativity surrounding this city is due to the fact that it is such an important key city to this nation.the tax money alone that this city(major corps) pays to the federal government is enough to cause serious problems if taken out of the feds income equation.DETROIT"ROCK CITY".....
babe,BABE!!!!!,,,,,make sure ya give him one!!
massachusettsman
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, May 27, 2009 11:27:26 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by detroit121

that fair aint closing and that is a pretty solid statement coming from a person who has done his homework on the positives and negatives of the fair news.it takes alot more than the state losing money and a few fair haters to get that fair put into the history books.were there is old sponsors, there will be new,maybe not as big and strong but there will be somebody.ill say this again,this state of michigan is a much stronger player in the nations economy than it gets credit for here on this website.the reason why you will read so much more about the negativity surrounding this city is due to the fact that it is such an important key city to this nation.the tax money alone that this city(major corps) pays to the federal government is enough to cause serious problems if taken out of the feds income equation.DETROIT"ROCK CITY".....
http://www.detnews.com/a...90203/POLITICS/902030348 
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, May 27, 2009 3:22:04 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Say, have you heard about the new GM Big dually, "The Obamarado". Gonna git me one.

I heard it is gonna run on Unicorn Crap and Rainbow Dust....
Mamatiger
Wednesday, May 27, 2009 5:44:54 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

A fuel-guzzler that runs 80mph without actually going anywhere?
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Wednesday, May 27, 2009 7:35:59 PM
you may have to upgrade to the greyhound. Indianapolis is nice and the city bus system runs there
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, May 27, 2009 8:53:54 PM
Where will all the Homies hang out for a week?

Thrillseeker....Do you ride a bus everywhere you go? Why don't you drive?