Discjo
  •  Discjo
  • 54.74% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, May 23, 2009 4:34:18 AM
MB Pavilion rides sold

Myrtle Beach developer Burroughs & Chapin Co. Inc. has shed two small amusement parks within its Broadway at the Beach retail/entertainment complex — including one with attractions from the Myrtle Beach Pavilion.
PARC Management, the same company that recently acquired Myrtle Waves Water Park and the NASCAR Speedpark from Burroughs & Chapin, has bought the Pavilion Nostalgia Park and Carousal Park.

The Pavilion park includes a carousel and organ as well as some rides from the beachfront park that closed in 2006.

The sales are in line with Burroughs & Chapin chief executive Jim Rosenberg’s strategy of refocusing on real estate development. Rosenberg announced his resignation last week after less than two years on the job.

— The (Myrtle Beach) Sun News
powersbt
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, May 23, 2009 11:03:03 AM
You've just scarred RainbowBen for life. All that is left is his memories.
What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
Mailman21842
Saturday, May 23, 2009 5:57:28 PM
and lord knows we are going to read about every one of them...
Just a person with a big hobby, of collecting carnival stuff.
HUSSRAINBOW
Saturday, May 23, 2009 10:34:36 PM
do we know what happened to their Rainbow?
UserPostedImage
powersbt
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, May 24, 2009 6:15:05 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Mailman21842

and lord knows we are going to read about every one of them...

We already have at some point in time. [;)]
What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
skydiver77
Tuesday, May 26, 2009 5:05:11 PM
No you won't. My buddy down there, Ken told me the rides are under new management. B&C got out of it for good and sold the rides' ownership to the Broadway at the Beach folks. B&C got out of the amusement business altogether and are into Condos now. So i guess we know what'll happen to the old Pavilion area now don't we? I hope NOT! [V] As for the Rainbow, it's sitting near or behind the Nascar Speed Park building from what i have been told. I've not seen it, and was near there last summer, but didn't go to that go-cart center where i heard rumors the Rainbow was sitting. So it's nice to hear the rides will remain at Broadway. What i'm mainly excited about, is Freestyle Music Park! Going there later this summer to ride The Time Machine...the re-themed Led Zeppeling coaster.

~Ben
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:38:35 PM
Wave swinger and rainbow was in parking lot behind wave park! Burroughs still in ownership of broadway,Just wonder are they gonna move the nostalgia park?
Discjo
  •  Discjo
  • 54.74% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, May 27, 2009 3:30:13 AM
http://www.pavilionnostalgiapark.com/ 

Looks like it will operate where it is located ** note the website is copyrighted by the new owners 2009--
Jackpotter
Wednesday, May 27, 2009 3:57:53 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Jagger

Wave swinger and rainbow was in parking lot behind wave park! Burroughs still in ownership of broadway,Just wonder are they gonna move the nostalgia park?

That's right. B&C still owns Broadway at the Beach. I'd say those rides end up at the NASCAR Themepark or the Myrtle Waves Waterpark which is owned by the company that bought the rides.