gruelurks
Friday, May 1, 2009 8:34:53 PM
Move it out along I-96 between Novi and Lansing. Perfect location in my opinion.
detroit121
Friday, May 1, 2009 8:44:03 PM
brighton?that would be ideal.close to detroit,lansing,flint ann arbor,and all the little suburbs of those places!!!!
babe,BABE!!!!!,,,,,make sure ya give him one!!
Thrillseeker
Friday, May 1, 2009 8:56:05 PM
If the SMART bus system is still in tact without any changes this time next year (if the fair moved there), anywhere west of Farmington Hills is too far. SMART would have to make some type of system that would run farther down Grand River beyond Haggerty Road. It would have been farther, if Novi had passed the millage to continue let buses go through the city, that was when it was possible for me to get to Twelve Oaks Mall. But no longer.

And it would be worse because the buses would end at a certain time (especially when it dealt with Twleve Oaks Mall's opening/closing, and the rides are usually done about what ... 11 PM? 12 midnight?

The SMART Grand River buses now stop at about 10:30 PM going anywhere east towards Detroit. I'm a bit skeptical about that.
A.J.
(Still (somewhat) the Thrillseeker...?)
"The Pharaoh's Fury caused a Tornado which make everyone Freak Out. Well, except me."
http://thrillseeker.spaceplane.ws/ 
- The Thrillseeker Carnival Series is coming back in 2011! -
detroit121
Friday, May 1, 2009 9:01:49 PM
good point thrillseeker,maybe they could run special busses out to the fair from the city if that happened?
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Friday, May 1, 2009 9:07:04 PM
your not worring about 2020 already, LOL

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Jackpotter

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Is moving an issue or a game here on mcw. The state fair is oveer and done, forget about it.

where will the KY state Fair be in 2020, I need to know? How many rides and will they have wrist bands? How much? Please post ride list. How many Huss pieces do you expect? duplicates, or will it be totally solo?

Rest assured the KY State Fair will stay right where it's at. It will be interesting though, depending on what happens with Six Flags, to see what the midway is like in 2020.

www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Thrillseeker
Friday, May 1, 2009 9:17:19 PM
It's probably doubtful, detroit121.

Maybe I'm saying that because SMART used to have shuttles through the Woodward Dream Cruise, which they discontinued. They have done a lot of restructuring over the last year, and it hasn't been favorable to any type of increase in service. Maybe if more cities would favor SMART bus service there then perhaps, but with what Novi did, I don't know. And I have a feeling it all depends on how far west of Haggerty Road the new fair is. If it is isn't too far from there, perhaps. But anywhere near US-23 is cutting the line real thin for SMART.

The Gateway Express buses they have are not getting ridership either. (I'm probably saying that because not too many people get on those buses, and I was lucky enough to get on one of them just to peek at Wade Shows and the GTC Taylor Carnival this afternoon, minus all of that rain).

With the way things are going, it may take some years for SMART to do such.
A.J.
(Still (somewhat) the Thrillseeker...?)
"The Pharaoh's Fury caused a Tornado which make everyone Freak Out. Well, except me."
http://thrillseeker.spaceplane.ws/ 
- The Thrillseeker Carnival Series is coming back in 2011! -
circusguy
Saturday, May 2, 2009 4:46:25 PM
I wonder if they have their talent lineup booked yet?
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, May 2, 2009 5:48:48 PM
The bankruptcy of Chrysler and the impending doom of GM just may push Mich. over the edge to cancel 2009. Anthing is possible.

Michigan is doomed. there is only one republican in the entire state. Guess who that is? McCain wisely gave up on Mich.

The Swine flu has even avoided the state.
UserPostedImage
Bowler Roller
Saturday, May 2, 2009 10:30:19 PM
Quote:

quote:

Michigan is doomed. there is only one republican in the entire state.

Look at that. An effect, and a cause. Because the Democrats have no opposition here, there is nothing to stop it's continuing decline.

Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
detroit121
Sunday, May 3, 2009 2:03:25 AM
its quite obvious you do not know much about detroits history.i was over at warren last night for about a half hour and by the looks of the lines at all of the rides you wouldnt feel so rite.the food all had lines at it as well.if you think that michigan is gonna go under due to hardships in the auto industry what do you think is gonna happen to your sweer lil ohio?just the traffic alone going through ohio to michigan being lost would be enough to cause them serious burden.michigan has alot more to offer other than flat lands,farms and facrories!!when speaking on the auto industry you may not realize the importance it has on the whole country.the white house isnt concerned just because detroit is gonna be in trouble,oh no my friend!the whole countries economy is gonna be affected by what happens here in s***ty old detroit.do you think that what happens here in detroit ony affects us?what happens here will send shockwaves through our economy like you have never seen.look a little further into who all depends on it!!!the USA has really no choice but to support us,what do you think the nation is supportive of us for?it isnt because its a great place for a family vacation,i can agree with that even!! we as one of americas great urban places have proven what we can accomplish,not many other places have an effect on the world economy like detroit does and always will.its to big to kill man,thats all there is to it!!
sausageseller
Sunday, May 3, 2009 2:16:25 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Quote:

The bankruptcy of Chrysler and the impending doom of GM just may push Mich. over the edge to cancel 2009. Anthing is possible.

Michigan is doomed. there is only one republican in the entire state. Guess who that is? McCain wisely gave up on Mich.

What did he say that is not true?
I have my beefs with him too but at least you should be honest about it.
sausageseller
Sunday, May 3, 2009 2:21:45 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by detroit121

its quite obvious you do not know much about detroits history.i was over at warren last night for about a half hour and by the looks of the lines at all of the rides you wouldnt feel so rite.the food all had lines at it as well.if you think that michigan is gonna go under due to hardships in the auto industry what do you think is gonna happen to your sweer lil ohio?just the traffic alone going through ohio to michigan being lost would be enough to cause them serious burden.michigan has alot more to offer other than flat lands,farms and facrories!!when speaking on the auto industry you may not realize the importance it has on the whole country.the white house isnt concerned just because detroit is gonna be in trouble,oh no my friend!the whole countries economy is gonna be affected by what happens here in s***ty old detroit.do you think that what happens here in detroit ony affects us?what happens here will send shockwaves through our economy like you have never seen.look a little further into who all depends on it!!!the USA has really no choice but to support us,what do you think the nation is supportive of us for?it isnt because its a great place for a family vacation,i can agree with that even!! we as one of americas great urban places have proven what we can accomplish,not many other places have an effect on the world economy like detroit does and always will.its to big to kill man,thats all there is to it!!

Unreadable. How about capitalizing the first words and using paragraphs.
They do it north of 8 mile. You can too!
Skywheelrider
Sunday, May 3, 2009 3:38:38 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by sausageseller

Quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Quote:

What did he say that is not true?
I have my beefs with him too but at least you should be honest about it.

Really? Was the highlighted remark needed?

In response to his last post, between he and I, there is only one of us that has been suspended here more than once (or even at all) for making personal attacks....and it's not me....

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Skywheelrider
Sunday, May 3, 2009 3:41:50 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by sausageseller

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by detroit121

Unreadable. How about capitalizing the first words and using paragraphs.
They do it north of 8 mile. You can too!

It may be harder to read, but what he says is true; if the auto companies go down, the ripple effect across the country would be tremendous; suppliers are already feeling it, and their suppliers are feeling the effects as well, and not just in Michigan.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, May 3, 2009 4:25:59 AM
Maybe the "BIG 3" ought to look at the little 3( Toyota, Honda, and Saturn) , and see why they dont need help from the government. One word.....UNIONS !