Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, May 2, 2009 5:29:48 AM
Heres a link to a page that has a ton of info about the Wild Mouse. Hope you find it interesting.

http://www.personal.psu....aculty/v/a/vac3/wdm.html 
JustJeff
Saturday, May 2, 2009 5:50:33 AM
Used to ride the heck out of The Wild Mouse at the long defunct Kaydeross Park on Saratoga Lake (N.Y.) back in the 60s and 70s..

I did not see it on the list,for some reason...Thanks for the trip down the old memory lane....jeff
cutelilpainter
Saturday, May 2, 2009 6:03:34 AM
That was my all time Favorate ride. I rode it at Conneaut lake park
cutelilpainter
JustJeff
Saturday, May 2, 2009 6:13:38 AM
Yeah bud,Quite tame by Roller Coaster standards...They have a version of it called The Cheetah Chase at Busch Gardens..We rode it just recently..

It is cool cause my youngest daughter is scared of the bigger coasters,but will ride the heck out of this one so she gets to experiance a coaster,be it a tamer version...jeff
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, May 3, 2009 9:55:45 AM
I moved both Mad and wild mouses. I'll take the Mad Mouse any day. The Wild mouse was not designed to move weekly. Today with cherry pickers, cranes and forklifts it might be different. Back then we did it by manpower.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
vcanfield
Tuesday, May 5, 2009 4:53:10 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by flamo

I moved both Mad and wild mouses. I'll take the Mad Mouse any day. The Wild mouse was not designed to move weekly. Today with cherry pickers, cranes and forklifts it might be different. Back then we did it by manpower.

Do tell more. Whose Wild Mouse did you help move?
JustJeff
Tuesday, May 5, 2009 5:53:37 AM
I have shared some info with the owner of the Wild Mouse website (Vcanfield)that the rest of you may be interested in...

Kaydeross Park closed in the late 70s,and a lot of stuff was auctioned off then...

The Wild Mouse was a Hershall..It was close to 50 years old at that time.

This info was given to me through Tony Doty who got it from Bernie Bartosik who had some type of part ownership in the park along with his brothers Teddy and Joe.

I went to help tear down a ferris wheel in 80 or 81 for Ted,but I can't recall if the Wild Mouse was still standing or not..I will share more info as I get it...Tony will talk to Joe B..who may have some more info...jeff