Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, May 1, 2009 5:22:28 AM
With the fair closing out, where do you think a new location for the State fair could be? Ive played it, and around Detroit for many , many years. Should it stay in the Metro area, or do you think the Lansing area could support it?
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, May 1, 2009 5:25:44 AM
Is the new loc an issue? The whole idea is to dump it to save the expenses of a State Fair.
UserPostedImage
Larry Smith
Friday, May 1, 2009 5:26:58 AM
I still think in order for it to survive it would have to stay fairly close to the Detroit area. Maybe a move farther out into the burbs. Maybe west in that void between Ann Arbor and the outer parts of Detroit....
bill m
Friday, May 1, 2009 10:40:33 AM
The Mi State Fait in Detroit needs to move out of the HOOD...And away from the money grabing politician's in the metro area from the mayor on down.
Look what happened to the Saginaw Fair when it was in the HOOD....

Bill M
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, May 1, 2009 11:09:34 AM
Is moving an issue or a game here on mcw. The state fair is oveer and done, forget about it.

where will the KY state Fair be in 2020, I need to know? How many rides and will they have wrist bands? How much? Please post ride list. How many Huss pieces do you expect? duplicates, or will it be totally solo?

UserPostedImage
kmm
  •  kmm
  • 50.06% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Friday, May 1, 2009 2:35:27 PM
Definitly not the Detroit area!! Should move to a safer town which is decsent size. Bay City or saginaw area would'nt be too bad or even the Lansing area.
detroit121
Friday, May 1, 2009 2:54:17 PM
first of all,the detroit fair is not over and far from it!not that i even have anything to do with it anymore(dont play it).without the auto industry support it would and will have a hard time until that viod is filled.bill m said it perfect.the state fair is saturated with hands in the cookie jar and thats no kidding if you know anything about politics in detroit.you thing that its crooked in NYC!!!detroit has had the most dirty politicians since the beginning of places called cities!!when ,and thats if the crooked guys are run out of officve things will change here.remember one thing,even with a slowed auto industry the bridge is the busiest border crossing for the purpose of commerce.there is alot and i mean alot of impotant people here, and to much inexpensive industrial space.us being in the entertainment industry should follow hollywoods story.the movie industries second largest home is now metro detroit.i realize that might not mean much at this time but that alone will show you how fast one industry can change and how much,a couple years ago those film makers didnt even want to film here.and with the other companies problems and losses come another companies gain,this state is always going to be a desirable place for business,especially now that the unions are feeling a little pressure to lighten up.ill say one last thing.the state fair out of the equasion,ask how many carnivals that depend on michigan are going under or even considering it?not only that but they are doing well!!!COMING TO YOU LIVE FROM DETROIT,WERE THE WEAK ARE KILLED AND EATEN!!!!LOL
babe,BABE!!!!!,,,,,make sure ya give him one!!
detroit121
Friday, May 1, 2009 2:57:17 PM
OH,and brighton would be a great location,livinston co.,lansing would be another great area!!!!
kmm
  •  kmm
  • 50.06% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Friday, May 1, 2009 3:23:16 PM
HEH...WOW.....really? all that?
Skywheelrider
Friday, May 1, 2009 3:31:58 PM
Quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Is moving an issue or a game here on mcw. The state fair is oveer and done, forget about it.

where will the KY state Fair be in 2020, I need to know? How many rides and will they have wrist bands? How much? Please post ride list. How many Huss pieces do you expect? duplicates, or will it be totally solo?

The Michigan State Fair is not "over and done;" Granholm did cut the state funding for it in her latest budget, but never said she was "ending it." The fair does get money from outside interests, and the state basically has covered any defecits the fair has. If the fair can raise funds from outside of the state government and not rely on any funding from the government, they should be able to keep holding the fair. Can they? That remains to be seen. There will be a Michigan State Fair this year, that much is certain. Things can change after that, even as far as state funding. No one can know the future, no one. Is it in a not so good neighborhood? Yes. Does that weigh on folks minds when deciding whether or not to attend the fair? I am sure it does for many. Can it survive by being moved? I actually think so. Can it survive in the current location (as it has since 1901)? Maybe, maybe not. Like I said, no one knows the future, no one, for sure. [/red]

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Jackpotter
Friday, May 1, 2009 3:37:19 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Rest assured the KY State Fair will stay right where it's at. It will be interesting though, depending on what happens with Six Flags, to see what the midway is like in 2020.
detroit121
Friday, May 1, 2009 4:45:54 PM
and skywheel rider could be wrong!!!but not likley!!that amazes me how guys seem as if they actually hope a big fair like that would go under?WTF,man,some people fail to realize that even if detroit lost half its economy its still a stronger city than alot of others its size!!!numbers never lie,well i can makem lie a little!!,lol..good point skywheel...now im going to 8 and greenfield...hope there still there
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, May 1, 2009 5:34:53 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by detroit121

and skywheel rider could be wrong!!!but not likley!!that amazes me how guys seem as if they actually hope a big fair like that would go under?WTF,man,some people fail to realize that even if detroit lost half its economy its still a stronger city than alot of others its size!!!numbers never lie,well i can makem lie a little!!,lol..good point skywheel...now im going to 8 and greenfield...hope there still there

It was announced, this is the last year for the fair at the present location. People were given eviction notices, they have 6 months to find a new home( those who have permanant businesses there).This is from a link ON THE FRONT PAGE , HERE, ON MCW, and i do not wish or hope for any fair, any size to close, its where myself, my family , and my friends make their living. Lets not put words in my mouth, DETROIT121, OK?

http://www.detnews.com/a...rticle?AID=2009905010403 
detroit121
Friday, May 1, 2009 5:45:35 PM
never did i put words in your mouth RHINO!never did i even comment on anything close to what you said RHINO.i was in fact speaking on another persons attitude towards the fair!how did you in fact interpet that i was talking about what you said?really,how did you?
Thrillseeker
Friday, May 1, 2009 8:09:22 PM
Where can the Michigan State Fair be moved that would allow a person like me (using public transportation and all) to get to there?

The State Fair is, by far, the biggest carnival of my series. It might not be a bad idea to be somewhere in the Metro area, but moving it out to Lansing makes it too far for me to even obtain transit to get there.

One day when I left from the State Fair, the DDOT/SMART State Fair Transit Center was crowded, and I was on a Livernois Road bus full of people.

If not the impact of the transit systems, what else would suffer from it? (Then, I do forget that they are trying to make a system from Detroit to Ann Arbor, I think? If they make something from Detroit to Lansing it would be very interesting).

But this is coming from a person who has been to the State Fair 7 years in a row.

I rather have it stay in the metro area, if not in Detroit, somewhere where it is still accessible by public transit (a SMART bus, at least).
A.J.
(Still (somewhat) the Thrillseeker...?)
"The Pharaoh's Fury caused a Tornado which make everyone Freak Out. Well, except me."
http://thrillseeker.spaceplane.ws/ 
- The Thrillseeker Carnival Series is coming back in 2011! -