flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Friday, April 24, 2009 8:07:58 AM
http://eventful.com/wint...ival-/E0-001-019134932-9 

Winton CA has thier spring festival starting Fri night. From my understanding Butler brings in a few peices. Not a big spot but I imagine it will be busy as they have a lot of community involvement. The area has high unemployment. Winton is located a few miles from Merced, CA. The event is in a a city park.

Not much info from the link.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Sadie
Saturday, April 25, 2009 8:59:25 AM
Went to opening night at the WInton CA Spring Festival The ride list is
Zipper
Slide
ELi Wheel
Dragon Wagon
Free Fall
Kiddie Cars
WindJammer
Dizzy Dragons
Tornado
Gravitron
Magic Carpet Crazy Surf
YoYO
Whirly Bird
Butler had the rides. Quite a few joints but only one grab joint. Rides were doing well, Tickets were $1 or 12 for $10. Most rides were 3 tickets. The joints were slow from what I could tell. It ends Sunday night, just three days
Extremely Happy
Future_carnie
Saturday, April 25, 2009 5:07:17 PM
Im currently in Winton, CA and for the record...Butler has none of hteir rides here. This spot is being played by Johnston Amusements, as always. Absolutely nothing of Butler is here with us. 🙂
Horses && Carnivals. <3
Sadie
Saturday, April 25, 2009 5:40:15 PM
http://family.webshots.com/album/571442669fLszHj  Took a few pics as they were opening.http://family.webshots.com/album/571442669fLszHj Took a few pics as they were opening.
Extremely Happy
Future_carnie
Saturday, April 25, 2009 5:54:20 PM
The tub joint you have pictures is the one my boyfriend, Brian, works in. That tub joint used to be on Butler when the owner of it, Kyle Parrot, dated Carla, who works in the office for butler.

But this is Johnston Amusements. Owned by Kenny Johnston, once known as Carnival Of Fun.
Horses && Carnivals. <3
WestCoastPat
Saturday, April 25, 2009 9:17:29 PM
Sorry to get off track a little-but when I get a chance to ask about the TURBO I get all excited. Future_carnie, is there a chance you could get any info about the TURBO that Kenny owns (owned)? I know it has not been out in a long time but any tidbit would be good. Heck-even if you just make up a good lie it would be okay with me LOL. Thanks. WCP
WestCoastPat-Proud Mark of all things Carnival. STILL a "FAN BOY"-and proud of it.
Future_carnie
Sunday, April 26, 2009 2:04:08 PM
I will ask about the Turbo for you. But i just got to this show last week so im new here, lol.

And Sadie, thank you for coming to the lot and saying hi and seeing that this is Johnston Amusements, that was very nice of you. 🙂
Horses && Carnivals. <3
Sadie
Sunday, April 26, 2009 3:55:43 PM

Your very welcome Jenn. It was a pleasure to meet someone else from Matt's. Thanks for telling me that Butler Amusements will be in Los Banos,CA next week-end for the "May Day" celebration. Also best regards from Flamo. Keep in touch.
Extremely Happy
Future_carnie
Monday, April 27, 2009 9:58:28 AM
Hey, west coast pat, i asked about the turbo for you. All i got on it was that they still have it but it's at WQ's and it needs a little work before they bring it back out..
Horses && Carnivals. <3
WestCoastPat
Monday, April 27, 2009 10:12:31 AM
Thanks much for the update Future-carnie. Enjoy your run in CA.
WestCoastPat-Proud Mark of all things Carnival. STILL a "FAN BOY"-and proud of it.
Future_carnie
Monday, April 27, 2009 10:41:31 AM
it just so happens that the person who owns this computer im using has photos of the turbo. here you go;;

UserPostedImage
Horses && Carnivals. <3