punkboysa18
  •  punkboysa18
  • 53.04% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Friday, April 24, 2009 8:40:10 PM
I drive by on the way to work everyday, but I finally ended up making a stop yesterday (thurs). The show looked the same as it did in Poteet - the independents.The only thing booked in was Mike's Magnum. It was dollar day and there was a crapload of people, but MANY people seemed dissapointed with the ride selection and number of rides compared to years before. I did watch the super operation on the Twister (crazy dance). They kept it moving good. I saw some kids wait about 8 or 9 cycles before they rode, so that should give you an idea of how many people were on the midway. Didn't look like the joints were getting much. It seems every year whether I was there with the Storm/Fighter or not I almost always hear someone talking about/asking/looking for the Love Bugs. Its amazing how much of an impression that ride left here.Oh and the space loop was down. Again. Even my girlfriend was like "aw I wish the Love Bug was here" as we walked by the micless, sirenless, hornless, effortless himalaya... I dont mean to sound harsh but damn.[B)][B)][B)][B)]
Matt C.
Saturday, April 25, 2009 6:01:55 AM
What rides were at the fest in the past? I know Wade brought in some big pieces (Enterprise, Zyklon, GIant Wheel, Drag Strip Slide, Fire Ball, Mega Drop).

No techno power? I could have sworn that Michael was taking it there along with the Magnum.

Thanks for the report, Alex!
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
circusguy
Saturday, April 25, 2009 8:57:40 AM
What makes you think that many people were disapointed, in the ride line-up?
Could it be, you were the won that was disapointed?
punkboysa18
  •  punkboysa18
  • 53.04% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, April 25, 2009 9:12:49 AM
Yeah I guess I must have been the won dissapointed. LOL. People were saying, it sucks. Simple. The Techno is at south park mall with Gary. I cant remember everything there last year but some were bishops tango,evolution. allen putters ejection seat, mcdaniels german fun house, tallys fast trax, fighter n storm, Reeds cobra,hurricane,gee wizz thing,spin out, kamikaze, etc.....
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by circusguy

What makes you think that many people were disapointed, in the ride line-up?
Could it be, you were the won that was disapointed?