slick379
  •  slick379
  • 51.5% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 2:30:58 PM
i am redoing a t/m wheel and was wondering what you thaught would be good colors, started taking pics will post when i find out how to do so. the owner wants white spokes and not sure of tub colors. think he wants a purple trailer
Bowler Roller
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 2:32:42 PM
Oh, a Ferris Wheel. I thought you mean a color wheel.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
CONKO316
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 2:38:35 PM
I've always liked the look of purple and yellow, perhaps yellow tubs?
UserPostedImage

Justin
Benjibear
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 3:07:03 PM
In my opinion I would stay away from white sweeps and rim irons. Depending on the kind of wheel, those parts can show rust pretty wuickly. I always thought a beige would look good.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
slick379
  •  slick379
  • 51.5% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 3:26:37 PM
my self i have always liked the silver look on eli wheels amd scramblers. silver sweeps do not show dirt as much
Soda Guy
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 3:29:06 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Benjibear

In my opinion I would stay away from white sweeps and rim irons. Depending on the kind of wheel, those parts can show rust pretty wuickly. I always thought a beige would look good.

Beige? Only an engineer would think of beige. I can picture the meeting, Uh engineering has come up with a new paint scheme. Beige sweeps, a brown trailer, and and the cars a dark cream color. Oh yea minimal light just what needs to be burning for safe operation. When I am looking at colors I think what would Huggy Bear (from the TV show Starsky and Hutch) do? Bright loud colors.

Benjibear sorry about the engineer crack, I have butted heads with the engineering dept. for years its just a natural reaction to crack on them.[:)][:)]
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 4:10:11 PM
Lime green sweeps, sky blue rims, and saftey orange seats, trimed in all 3 colors.
2ndgencarnie
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 6:24:47 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rhino

Lime green sweeps, sky blue rims, and saftey orange seats, trimed in all 3 colors.

That sounds pretty cool...

What about the trailer though???
booker
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 6:31:42 PM
I painted my wheel last year white sweeps makes the ride look cleaner and bigger

http://family.webshots.c...565002150104902448dOLdkn 
2ndgencarnie
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 6:34:54 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by booker

I painted my wheel last year white sweeps makes the ride look cleaner and bigger

That's a pretty good looking old Gabrick...
booker
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 6:44:09 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by booker

That's a pretty good looking old Gabrick...

thanx

I bought a multi pattern flash unit and it looks great at night
IndianaTED
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 6:57:23 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by slick379

my self i have always liked the silver look on eli wheels amd scramblers. silver sweeps do not show dirt as much

I like silver as well, very traditional. However to maybe stand out more, why not do another metalic color like gold or bronze? Those colors would hide dings and dirt much better.

You could do gold sweeps, and blue, purple and green seats, all in the metalic versions (or metalflake) of those colors. I also think ferris wheel seats, no matter the base color, look better with a logo on them, whether it is the Big Eli wings or a custom design.
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 7:56:27 PM
I TMd 27 wheels, All had white spokes.and it was not a problem. Most had lighter blue towers with a light grey deck. Seats were white as it gives the illusion of a higher ride. We did a few with yellow towers and brige irons, lime green towers and orange deck. A washer between the rim irons keeps them from rubbing together. We also did a couple in silver with a light grey deck. My preference is white circle, white seats, blue structure and light grey deck. It looks clean and tall. The double folding stars were also white with white 8' tubes. Hope this helps
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
BSA Mike
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 8:08:50 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rhino

NOW your talking!
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, March 12, 2009 1:47:06 AM
Lite colors make things look larger, Dark colors smaller.