Benjibear
  •  Benjibear
  • 80.26% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Friday, February 20, 2009 12:12:13 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows the answer to my question? Where do the titles under our memeber name come from? Some peoples are the same like "Ride Supervisor" but there are others that seamed custom. How does this work?
I have been here a while and always wondered but never asked.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
junior da jag
Friday, February 20, 2009 12:25:10 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Benjibear

Just wondering if anyone knows the answer to my question? Where do the titles under our memeber name come from? Some peoples are the same like "Ride Supervisor" but there are others that seamed custom. How does this work?
I have been here a while and always wondered but never asked.

I always thought it depended on how many posts you had made.
Don't Hate....Instigate....
squirrel
Friday, February 20, 2009 12:43:56 PM
They're based on the number of posts you've made.

I used to do special titles for members if they asked -- but I'm not an admin here anymore. You might try sending a PM to the mods if you want a custom one...
Benjibear
  •  Benjibear
  • 80.26% (Honored)
Friday, February 20, 2009 1:45:50 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by secret.squirrel

I used to do special titles for members if they asked -- but I'm not an admin here anymore. You might try sending a PM to the mods if you want a custom one...

They should make it an option in your profile.
Skywheelrider
Friday, February 20, 2009 2:11:31 PM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

The only problem with that is you will have idiots who will not be able to control themselves and post some stupid or foul name.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
the-novelty-man
Friday, February 20, 2009 5:16:52 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

The only problem with that is you will have idiots who will not be able to control themselves and post some stupid or foul name.

So true chris
The-Novelty-Man
Benjibear
  •  Benjibear
  • 80.26% (Honored)
Friday, February 20, 2009 6:42:46 PM
Look at user names. The same thing can be true there. Also, there the people that have custom ones, one person has a rather distastful one. I understand where you are coming from, but there is other places you can do something distastful (i.e. user name, occupation, web link, cool links, etc.).
squirrel
Saturday, February 21, 2009 3:34:16 AM
Quote:

quote:

Look at user names. The same thing can be true there. Also, there the people that have custom ones, one person has a rather distastful one. I understand where you are coming from, but there is other places you can do something distastful (i.e. user name, occupation, web link, cool links, etc.).

This is partially true. Usernames have to be approved before a member can register. Some old usernames are here from before that policy was enacted. As for other things - those that you mentioned are ONLY viewable if you go to the user's profile. The only thing that shows up EVERYWHERE on the forums, is your Username, Post Ranking (Title), your location (if you entered it), and your signature, and those are monitored by the moderators. Trust me when I say if you PM the mods, you can most likely get your title changed. No guarantees because I don't handle the admin stuff anymore, but still -- it's worth a shot man 🙂
Bowler Roller
Saturday, February 21, 2009 6:06:49 AM
Ride Sup isn't a good title for an agent.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Matt C.
Saturday, February 21, 2009 6:11:57 AM
Whatever you guys want (within reason of course)... just pm myself or Mr. Fixit.

Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com