RRSHOW1
  •  RRSHOW1
  • 57.26% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, February 12, 2009 12:11:49 PM
PTC MGR went for $30k with horses,scenery & wagons. Office for $50. Scrambler on racked trailer for $200. Sky ride for $47k. Skywheel for $5k. Scooter & Skooter building had no bids, (they would have taken $100) & the buy of the day- A RUNNING HUSS RAINBOW for $5k!
SideWinder
Thursday, February 12, 2009 12:47:33 PM
some very impressive sales there. i'm glad to see someone bought that skyride, now hopefully they will take it to WQ and recondition it....
Surprised the Rainbow sold

thats a steal for the skywheel

Do you know who bought the equipment??
powersbt
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, February 12, 2009 1:03:36 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Tre in GA

YEah who got that Rainbow?
that is a steal.
tre

What did the Diver go for??
What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
Skywheelrider
Thursday, February 12, 2009 1:07:35 PM
Well, the way I understand it with the Rainbow is, after the accident last July, Huss could not figure out what caused it to happen, nor exactly how to prevent it from happening again on another Rainbow. So, they basically recommended that they not be operated. Period. But they could be operated at the owner's own expense and assumption of risk, as long as they completed a long, and I mean long, list of inspections by outside inspectors, that could lead to costly work having to be done, etc. So maybe Strates looked at it and decided it was not worth the effort to them, too risky, whatever. Who knows for sure. Like with Wade's, not sure what will happen with it. It was left in Delaware (where it was set up when the accident occured), with plans to bring it back to Florida, no one knows for sure what will happen.

Definitely a steal on the Sky Wheel, wonder who picked it up? And will it be running again? That would be great if so.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
slick379
Thursday, February 12, 2009 1:48:58 PM
what about the rwst of the rides,
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, February 12, 2009 2:20:26 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Well, the way I understand it with the Rainbow is, after the accident last July, Huss could not figure out what caused it to happen, nor exactly how to prevent it from happening again on another Rainbow. So, they basically recommended that they not be operated. Period. But they could be operated at the owner's own expense and assumption of risk, as long as they completed a long, and I mean long, list of inspections by outside inspectors, that could lead to costly work having to be done, etc. So maybe Strates looked at it and decided it was not worth the effort to them, too risky, whatever. Who knows for sure. Like with Wade's, not sure what will happen with it. It was left in Delaware (where it was set up when the accident occured), with plans to bring it back to Florida, no one knows for sure what will happen.

Definitely a steal on the Sky Wheel, wonder who picked it up? And will it be running again? That would be great if so.

Chris, I must have had my head in the sand. I don't remember hearing about an accident with Wade's Rainbow.
Skywheelrider
Thursday, February 12, 2009 2:33:06 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Dan L.

Quote:

quote:

Chris, I must have had my head in the sand. I don't remember hearing about an accident with Wade's Rainbow.

The accident was in Sweden, Wade's Rainbow was up and running in Delaware at the time of that accident, and was shut down right after and has not operated since. Wade's Rainbow itself did not have an accident, sorry for the confusion.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, February 12, 2009 2:43:35 PM
I doubt that anyone will know the answer to my question, but... was Strates pleased with the gross? [8)] [?][?][?][8)]

circusguy
Thursday, February 12, 2009 2:51:02 PM
Steve Swika bought the skywheel. The Rainbow was bought by an Englishman. There is more to the story, than has been told. The englishman(Keith) ended up NOT TAKING THE RAINBOW. He did not know the ride could not be operated, until after the sale, so that and the fact the Strates family figured the ride would bring something in the neighberhood of $50,000.00 it is still for sale. Their is some talk that the same Mexican fella's that bought the skyride are also buying the Rainbow.
The Skydiver was not sold. Couldn't get anyone to bid on it. It did run.Also, could not get a bid on the Monster tubs, or the five ticket boxes.
The slide sold for $7,000.00
Kidpower--$3,000.00
Train--$2,200.00
Kid airplane swing--$800.00
Convoy--$7,750.00
Kid duck boat ride--$4,500.00
15 wood Ferris wheel seats--$200.00
Clark forklift--$150.00
19 small Boise speakers--$25.00
14 large speakers--$25.00
8 Majestic bumper cars--$3250.00
15 Lusse " " --$2750.00
Auction lasted for one hour and five minutes.

Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, February 12, 2009 3:04:21 PM
So the Skooter building has no cars with it?
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, February 12, 2009 3:26:46 PM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Dan L.

Quote:

quote:

The accident was in Sweden, Wade's Rainbow was up and running in Delaware at the time of that accident, and was shut down right after and has not operated since. Wade's Rainbow itself did not have an accident, sorry for the confusion.

What happened? Did the thing crash?
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, February 12, 2009 3:53:21 PM
That Skywheel has been sitting outside in Florida since the 2000 season.
kris0106
  •  kris0106
  • 53.7% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, February 12, 2009 4:00:13 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Tre in GA

I think there is a video of the incident on youtube Dan, Somebody posted one here. I think "seat" part of the ride slammed into the deck due to a malfucntion in the boom,
tre

Found it. Thanks.

Couldn't the same thing happen to one of the ARM rides?
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, February 12, 2009 4:25:54 PM
I thought the Inverter had some problems early on with the Tub striking the trailer as it rotated.

I was under the impression that the ARM rides operated on the same principle as the Inverter.