circusguy
Sunday, February 8, 2009 12:46:52 PM
Only four more days, until the auction. How many of you are going to be there? Weather is beautiful today, here in Florida, and the forcast for the week is great.
JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, February 8, 2009 2:28:21 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by circusguy

Only four more days, until the auction. How many of you are going to be there? Weather is beautiful today, here in Florida, and the forcast for the week is great.

My dad and I are planning on attending, although it is the day after the Ladies Aux installation part at the Tampa Club. It's sure going to be hard to get up that morning.

Jimmy D
James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, February 8, 2009 2:38:21 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JimmyD

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by circusguy

My dad and I are planning on attending, although it is the day after the Ladies Aux installation part at the Tampa Club. It's sure going to be hard to get up that morning.

Jimmy D

Jimmy, can you get some pics? Thanks, Dan.
cme
  •  cme
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, February 8, 2009 3:50:06 PM
2ndgencarnie
Sunday, February 8, 2009 4:25:55 PM
Definitely Maybe for me....[8D]
cny_chris
Monday, February 9, 2009 6:12:20 AM
I see that a late addition is the show's Huss Rainbow.[:0]

Whoever is going, please take some notes on the winning bids and any other late additions that aren't listed. Thanks!
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Larry Smith
Monday, February 9, 2009 8:21:06 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cny_chris

I see that a late addition is the show's Huss Rainbow.[:0]

Whoever is going, please take some notes on the winning bids and any other late additions that aren't listed. Thanks!

Well considering the accident last summer overseas I am not totally surprised that they are looking to get rid of it. Would be surprised if anyone showed interest in it. I am interested in how much those wooden Eli seats go for....WOW how old are those things????
Erik9976
Monday, February 9, 2009 11:50:25 AM
Zyklons have had accidents and are still running. I dont get this just cause one ride has an accident they wanna shut them all down.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, February 9, 2009 3:02:26 PM
If those Eli seats came from the wheels Strates ran then they have not been used since around 1966. I'm surprised they still have them.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, February 9, 2009 4:06:28 PM
If memory serves me right I believe 1950 or close to that Eli change from wooden to steel. The wooden seats are noticably heavier but all the hardware interchanges with steel.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Larry Smith
Monday, February 9, 2009 4:19:44 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Erik9976

Zyklons have had accidents and are still running. I dont get this just cause one ride has an accident they wanna shut them all down.

Well IMHO two things are working against the HUSS Rainbow ever making appearances again....1) is age. Most of the ones in this country are close to 25-30 years old. and 2) The uncertainty of it happening again. I don't know a whole lot about the balancing mechanism on them but I have heard through other forums overseas that they are pretty complicated and hard to maintain. Did HUSS ever come up with a solution to the problem or are they still going over it....
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, February 9, 2009 4:23:49 PM
is there a website with the listing of equipment to be sold?

found it on the norton website.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, February 9, 2009 4:34:10 PM
Strates acquired their Rainbow in 1989. Don't know if it was new at that time. Reithoffer had one of the first in the US around 1983 or 85.
Erik9976
Monday, February 9, 2009 6:56:39 PM
Wades is an 83 or 84 I think
Larry Smith
Monday, February 9, 2009 10:28:01 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bill P

Strates acquired their Rainbow in 1989. Don't know if it was new at that time. Reithoffer had one of the first in the US around 1983 or 85.

So basically around 20-25 years on the average then......