with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, February 1, 2009 6:47:31 AM
What's the deal with Black Canvas on joints???? I've seen that alot lately...I'm not talking about Fowlers Ozzfest joints either...
Jackpotter
Sunday, February 1, 2009 1:03:25 PM
Kissel Entertainment uses a lot of red, yellow and blue and it looks sharp!
Bonafide
Sunday, February 1, 2009 8:36:49 PM
I personally like handicap Blue and white.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
Sunday, February 1, 2009 10:45:03 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bonafide

I personally like handicap Blue and white.

Only because you get a better parking space...[;)]
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
Sunday, February 1, 2009 10:47:38 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Jackpotter

Kissel Entertainment uses a lot of red, yellow and blue and it looks sharp!

There's a good example of using basic colors and using designs to make them work together better....I remember seeing some stuff on Poor Jack with the same colors that looked like hell...
Jackpotter
Monday, February 2, 2009 2:54:43 AM
I've always been partial to the basic colors. Just have never been a fan of the orange, lime green, purples...I even like the old two color combination of red and white that was used years ago by shows...or blue white and gold...
2ndgencarnie
Monday, February 2, 2009 4:47:30 AM
At one point & time on my dad's show every single piece we owned was Red, White & Blue. If I never have to use those colors again on a midway it will be to soon. The only thing with that color scheme that I have seen & liked is the Dream Catcher...I can't remember the name of the show it is on but that thing looks sweet.
john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, February 2, 2009 6:49:53 AM
i have never been a fan of pink and teal.
i am oldschool red,white,blue,yellow,orange and cacky.
i dont think everything needs to match to look good.
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
Jackpotter
Monday, February 2, 2009 8:10:07 AM
Every piece the same color scheme would be a bit of overkill and I could understand why you'd hate that. I was speaking more of canvas and trucks than actual rides....

Belle City uses a lot of orange, white, blue and yellow..it looks really good.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
Monday, February 2, 2009 8:19:12 AM
How about Bates's Trucks...All Blue trucks with Orange Grills...Looks like hell. There is no other orange anywhere on the show...
2ndgencarnie
Monday, February 2, 2009 8:24:56 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

How about Bates's Trucks...All Blue trucks with Orange Grills...Looks like hell. There is no other orange anywhere on the show...

Agreed, I have always hated those trucks.
Bowler Roller
Monday, February 2, 2009 11:33:58 AM
Quote:

quote:

Right...I think it's from guys that want other carnies to think they played on the Big Show....I bet half the joints out there with the "Wavey W" on them never even played a spot with Wade...

I've been on show that dictated the color of your canvas, but does a show like Wade, with a custom canvas color scheme, sell canvas to independents, like shows sell shirts? That would be a helluva ding.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
2ndgencarnie
Monday, February 2, 2009 1:48:31 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bowler Roller

Quote:

quote:

Right...I think it's from guys that want other carnies to think they played on the Big Show....I bet half the joints out there with the "Wavey W" on them never even played a spot with Wade...

I've been on show that dictated the color of your canvas, but does a show like Wade, with a custom canvas color scheme, sell canvas to independents, like shows sell shirts? That would be a helluva ding.

That would indeed be a serious ding...
Hambone
  •  Hambone
  • 55.16% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, February 2, 2009 2:26:00 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

When we were with Drago their trucks were white and the grill was the color of the ride. That was the back in the days when every ride had a truck.
Alabama 18 time National Champions Roll Tide
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
Tuesday, February 3, 2009 2:26:41 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bowler Roller

Quote:

quote:

I know some guys that got 3 or 4 different tops for their joints depending on what show they are with...