magfly
  •  magfly
  • 50.06% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, January 5, 2009 8:03:31 PM
As most of you know I am waiting for a lung transplant I am curios how many of you have signed your donor cards .I realise I may be in the wrong section here ,but also know this are gets much more exposure !thanks for all the support that has been given to me by all the "gang " mags
when you cant breathe nothing else matters/please sign you organ donor cards today!! you may save life ; it might even be MINE you are saving/check out www.bluebracelet.info 
toaster
Monday, January 5, 2009 8:06:07 PM
hope the call comes for ya soon mag im always thinking about ya
2ndgencarnie
Tuesday, January 6, 2009 12:45:04 AM
Best wishes & Yes I have signed my card...
mommasbeverage barn
Tuesday, January 6, 2009 3:42:40 AM
where do you sign up for a donor card?
Slow you down...Turn you around...Send you back the other direction!!!
back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, January 6, 2009 4:13:03 AM
I realized how important this was when I starting working as a diaylis
tech... waiting for these people to get a kidney and what they have to go threw to even get on a transplant list. When it does happen to one of are patients... it's the most rewarding feelings that we kept them alive long enough to get one. Are last transplant came from the blackburg's collage killings while so much tragidy came from this several students had donor cards. Now if collage students have the right idea then ALL of us should catch on.... It may be a carnie's life you can save... Hang in there magfly.... [;)]back40
it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are
Missin it
Tuesday, January 6, 2009 4:13:15 AM
Check the back of your DL, In NY you can check off that you want to be a donor
"Everytime you open your mouth you make it harder and harder to take you seriously"
V. Boombotz

If you can't defend your self don't make stupid comments (please)
JustJeff
Tuesday, January 6, 2009 4:32:20 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Missin it

Check the back of your DL, In NY you can check off that you want to be a donor

Same thing in Florida...By the way Mag,I am an organ doner and have not only the acknowledgement on my I.d.,but have told my wife and other family members of my wish to let them have any part of my body that could possibly help someone.

Whether it is done or not is out of my hands...(my father died in 99 and his wishes to donate organs were not honored)---but I have made my wishes well known....Best of luck to you,Mags...jeff
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, January 6, 2009 6:38:28 AM
As explained to me, all DMVs had that capacity. Sign up people, just the thought of helping someone else live make you feel good. Our Prayers are with you Mags.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
magfly
  •  magfly
  • 50.06% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, January 6, 2009 9:15:04 AM
thank you all for your support !! not real sure in the states but here in Canada you can sign up on line or where you get your drivers licence as well , best way of recycling there is !! [:D]
when you cant breathe nothing else matters/please sign you organ donor cards today!! you may save life ; it might even be MINE you are saving/check out www.bluebracelet.info 
Bowler Roller
Tuesday, January 6, 2009 9:18:47 AM
I've heard that checking that box alone does not make you a donor.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
magfly
  •  magfly
  • 50.06% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, January 6, 2009 9:39:24 AM
Even is you dont sign your donor card make your family aware that you want to be a donor ,some of us ae procrastinators !! bottom line even if you sign your family can say no ,so discuss the undiscussable at the dinner table tonight !!
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, January 6, 2009 11:04:43 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bowler Roller

I've heard that checking that box alone does not make you a donor.

True here in Michigan, even if you check the box off and say yes and sign your name, you still need a witness to sign it.

Still praying for you Magfly.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
squirrel
Tuesday, January 6, 2009 11:46:54 AM
Prayers are with you here as well. I can't sign my donor card though. The history of diseases like Parkinsons and Diabetes in my family prevent my stuff from being usable...
BeauceCarnavalMan
Tuesday, January 6, 2009 12:36:19 PM
i signed up as soon as i turned 18
BeauceCarnavalMan
ringmaster
Tuesday, January 6, 2009 1:03:41 PM