2ndgencarnie
Monday, January 5, 2009 7:13:07 AM
Who's going?

When are you showing up?

Who is volunteering to be my DD?

Is there any plans for an MCW meet & greet?

What about an official MCW trip to the FSF? (Matt, were going to need a party bus for this operation)

Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Monday, January 5, 2009 7:26:04 AM
Ted and myself are flying into miami on the seventh. We will be in tampa on monday. I leave thursday night to go back to work.

www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, January 5, 2009 8:42:12 AM
i will be there all week unless i hit the powerball.
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
crny1234
  •  crny1234
  • 50.96% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, January 5, 2009 9:27:27 AM
ALWAYS THERE...

come on in for the circus, then we got the bike fest in a couple weeks.
"NOW MICHAEL," said the teacher to the agressive youngster," what do you think your classmates would think of you if you were always kind and polite?"
" they'd think they could beat me up!...

" GO YANKEES "
JustJeff
Wednesday, January 7, 2009 3:27:31 AM
A question or two--- I think I read that it costs $50 to get inside this year..It seems to me that when I went before ,you could get into the hallway between the bar and the exhibit areas for nothing,but I could be wrong...
I went a couple times in the early 80s and it was $10,then around ,I was a member of OABA for one year so maybe that was why..

.The last year I went ( 89 or 90)it was $30 ,I think.I didn't go in..saw a couple people I knew out side and headed to the State Fair...

Not trying to be a cheapskate but is there anyway I can pop in,see if there is anyone around that I know and leave?I don't care to see all the exhibits anymore,and this time of year ,I take my family to so many events (Ringling Circus Tonight) that I don't really have $100 for my wife and I to spend for the short amount of time I would be there...thanks in advance for any info....jeff
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, January 7, 2009 4:32:13 AM
Exhibitors get some one=day passes that we can hand out to get our potential customers and new people into the show.
I'd be happy to send you a few, PM me with your info.
But you have to promise to come by my booth #1112 and introduce yourself.
john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, January 7, 2009 4:33:14 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustJeff

A question or two--- I think I read that it costs $50 to get inside this year..It seems to me that when I went before ,you could get into the hallway between the bar and the exhibit areas for nothing,but I could be wrong...
I went a couple times in the early 80s and it was $10,then around ,I was a member of OABA for one year so maybe that was why..

.The last year I went ( 89 or 90)it was $30 ,I think.I didn't go in..saw a couple people I knew out side and headed to the State Fair...

Not trying to be a cheapskate but is there anyway I can pop in,see if there is anyone around that I know and leave?I don't care to see all the exhibits anymore,and this time of year ,I take my family to so many events (Ringling Circus Tonight) that I don't really have $100 for my wife and I to spend for the short amount of time I would be there...thanks in advance for any info....jeff

if you are a member of the club it doesnt cost anything to get in,and no you cant get threw the front gate without a exhibiters pass.25 dollars a year club dues,this is a nice club and well worth joining.
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
JustJeff
Wednesday, January 7, 2009 4:47:54 AM
John-- I am sure it is a nice club,,does the membership allow you to bring a guest (my wife)???

Again ,please understand ,money is a bit tight right now..

Sue I will take you up on your offer--I will P.M. you later on,gotta run right now....Thanks to both of you...jeff
2ndgencarnie
Wednesday, January 7, 2009 4:48:06 AM
You can go to the Bar at night without a pass I believe. Thats a good time for networking and shooting the breeze with friends old & new alike.
john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, January 7, 2009 5:39:12 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

You can go to the Bar at night without a pass I believe. Thats a good time for networking and shooting the breeze with friends old & new alike.

you are right no pass needed at night while the trade is on.cold beer ,loud music and usally a good time [:D]
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
crny1234
  •  crny1234
  • 50.96% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, January 7, 2009 5:45:21 AM
take sue up on her offer, or just wait till the show closes at night, the night life at the club is a good time with decent pricing to drink and alot of people u haven't seen in along time, and if your pockets are tight i'm sure you can find a sponsor...

if sue gets u a pass at least buy her a drink afterwards....
"NOW MICHAEL," said the teacher to the agressive youngster," what do you think your classmates would think of you if you were always kind and polite?"

" GO YANKEES "
mtnvly
Wednesday, January 7, 2009 5:51:33 AM
Will you be sponsoring at all?
crny1234
  •  crny1234
  • 50.96% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, January 7, 2009 5:59:53 AM
not a problem, how much ya gonna lend me?

" GO YANKEES "
mtnvly
Wednesday, January 7, 2009 6:16:52 AM
We'll have to wait and see how hungry I am.
crny1234
  •  crny1234
  • 50.96% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, January 7, 2009 6:20:41 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by mtnvly

We'll have to wait and see how hungry I am.

hay u can always eat.......LOL.......

" GO YANKEES "