tjscarnivaloflights
Monday, December 1, 2008 4:12:12 AM
Hey Friends,

I was looking for some advice. I have a customer who wants me to build and add our custom lighting to his IHC kits. He wants them motorized but doesn't have the motors. Are there some better motors we could use and where could we find them....any help would be appreciated....[8D]

Thanks,

TJ
Tim J., Owner/Builder
TJ's Carnival of Lights
www.tjscarnivaloflights.com 
No carnival is complete without the extravaganza of lights!
SideWinder
Monday, December 1, 2008 11:17:58 AM
I recommend the Faller motors....I have a few IHC kits I custom built and added the faller motors to them....
tjscarnivaloflights
Monday, December 1, 2008 12:17:38 PM
Thanks Roman,

Where do you get them from and what do they cost. Are they direct from Faller? I guess I wont be calling you Side Whiner anymore....lol

TJ[}:)]
Tim J., Owner/Builder
TJ's Carnival of Lights
www.tjscarnivaloflights.com 
No carnival is complete without the extravaganza of lights!
Mailman21842
Monday, December 1, 2008 1:12:10 PM
...careful...
Just a person with a big hobby, of collecting carnival stuff.
BSA Mike
Monday, December 1, 2008 1:13:52 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Mailman21842

...careful...

Yep the mods already have one finger on the "NUKE" button for this topic...
SideWinder
Monday, December 1, 2008 1:22:57 PM
You can get them right from Faller themselves(which I recommend) or buy them through the overpriced Walthers web site....

They have different motors with different speeds as well... I would also get the "Rainbow Gear Package" which basically is 4-6 different gear sizes to adjust the speed control....

Go to the Walthers web site to get the model numbers then either buy through them or go through Faller themselves....

Are you planning an putting these models on Cummons style bases?? If so then the motors will work just perfectly....
Skywheelrider
Monday, December 1, 2008 8:02:48 PM
I have used both IHC and Faller motors in the past, and Faller is definitely the way to go.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
powersbt
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, December 2, 2008 2:11:59 AM
If you want to go the base route, there is a company that sells 110v. AC Timing motors much like the ones that Cummons used to use on their models. They come in a wide variety of RPMS.

Link:
http://www.herbach.com/Merchant...p;Category_Code=SYNCTIME 
What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam