with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, November 24, 2008 2:43:59 AM
http://www.seasonworkers.com/ 

Found this site today....Might be some use to some folks here.
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, November 30, 2008 12:31:48 PM
There is a link on the NICA website that alot of concessionaires use.
BUB
  •  BUB
  • 52.62% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Sunday, November 30, 2008 1:19:18 PM
we tried students this year on the show i was with. they sucked big time. the guy in turkey showed them pictures of disney and told them that's where they were going too. they also where going to get 6-8 g's to hold at the end. the recruiter told the showowner to just leave the others comming in at the bus station, just forget them. come from turkey and get dumped at the dog station. reall good recruiter. they also where promised motel rooms , surprise bunk house.
seasonal workers, mexicans. now i hear there is more problems there with the government. not h2b limits but hours of work and pay scale..anyone current on that issue????
what the ????
BSA Mike
Sunday, November 30, 2008 1:58:52 PM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by BUB

we tried students this year on the show i was with. they sucked big time. the guy in turkey showed them pictures of disney and told them that's where they were going too. they also where going to get 6-8 g's to hold at the end. the recruiter told the showowner to just leave the others comming in at the bus station, just forget them. come from turkey and get dumped at the dog station. reall good recruiter. they also where promised motel rooms , surprise bunk house.
seasonal workers, mexicans. now i hear there is more problems there with the government. not h2b limits but hours of work and pay scale..anyone current on that issue????

Yea you can't work them 90 hours a week for $200.

We got russians this season they were useless. Good button pushers but they weren't worth a damn moving the show. We actually had a group early in the year that left because we could not give them enough hours.
BUB
  •  BUB
  • 52.62% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Sunday, November 30, 2008 3:36:20 PM
i attempted a google search on a whim but could not understand how the deal worked. no the sharpest knife in the drawer on that end. some other friends say there is a big case on the horizon about the mexican deal. bsa i agree now and in the past it is frigged that we except people to work a state fair from 9 am to midnight. then teardown etc,etc. the money is one end of the deal but let's be real the work load is crazier. anyway i do hear that if you work less than 7 months the law is different again. so, who the heck knows. oh, yeah what happens when the cap stays where it is and there are no mexicans. consider how many u.s. help we have thrown to the roadside and they will never be back...then again maybe a lot of former bank, car dealers, stock brokers etc available soon.
what the ????
ezdollaz
Sunday, November 30, 2008 5:08:21 PM
I have used Russians and Japanese in my food trailers. I will tell you this, if you apply for them apply for twice as many as you need because half won't end up showing. I always try to get a direct email address for the students so I can talk directly with them about what is expected and what the living arrangements are etc. The Russians are available in early June but the Japanese can't arrive until August. Most of my bigger spots are in Aug and Sept so the Japanese work out well for getting me through those big spots. They can make change and they don't steal! Big plus in the food biz. However they drive you nuts to use your computer to get on the internet and they aren't worth a damn setting up and tearing down. Another plus is they don't cost you a dime. They take care of all the paperwork in getting the J-1 Visa all you do is send them a letter promising employment. Another plus is if you find some you like you can always have them come back next year as a 'visitor' and pay them cash. I've never had any trouble with the pay as since you provide housing, they think $250 a week is great! Two Russians I had last year were engineering students and neither one of them could read a level! A little scary but I'll tell you I couldn't have made it without them and you know they will be there when you get up in the morning. No blowing in the middle of the night before a big day!