babyhughie
  •  babyhughie
  • 50.76% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, November 27, 2008 12:52:00 PM
For the last 50 years this has been a given like peas and carrots.All I can say is WOW!I am guessing frankie just got tired of carrying the fair with his ride gross.Again, all i can say is WOW![:0]
SideWinder
Thursday, November 27, 2008 1:07:16 PM
unfortunatly ALL good things must come to an end.... Frank is a very Smart business man so he knows what the bottom line is.... he will find a better spot to replace that (was hoping he would have gotten a chance to bid for NYSF).
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, November 27, 2008 1:20:44 PM
This news took me by supprise, but i understand it. They need to move the fairgrounds.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, November 27, 2008 1:27:16 PM
It sounds like the fair is trying to "Raleigh" the fair with a heavy hand. Good for Frank to walk away when the circumstances call for it.

The fair management will have an awakening and a crisis on their hands.

Somebody should post a list of who the board of directors are and their position in the community.
UserPostedImage
babyhughie
  •  babyhughie
  • 50.76% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, November 27, 2008 1:37:10 PM
I am anxiously waiting for mr hurleys comments!I hope I didn't get him to mad at me![:D]
Soda Guy
Thursday, November 27, 2008 1:39:06 PM
Pinetar the only "official" I know is Gator He is the Midway Consultant
Matt C.
Thursday, November 27, 2008 2:32:40 PM
For those who didnt read the press release, it is on the mcw home page.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Bowler Roller
Thursday, November 27, 2008 3:29:26 PM
I don't blame them. I've lived here most of my life, and I never even considered working it.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
cme
  •  cme
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, November 27, 2008 3:51:35 PM
who do you think will get it
skywheel88
Thursday, November 27, 2008 4:17:15 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cme

who do you think will get it

Who else is bidding for it?
Kenny.

razduck
Thursday, November 27, 2008 4:19:04 PM
I heard that Red Roach was going to bid on it.
Pizzagod
Thursday, November 27, 2008 4:49:05 PM
We started playing Detroit some years ago and did well-then they moved it back to ending on Labor Day (no doubt a concession to the show) . They (the fair) started selling real estate like Century 21 (the realtors not the defunct carnival) ever did and now it's just another spot.

Frank had been reported to have said that Michigan was dead or dying (I'm not sure on the quote) and I'm sure that there are plenty of greener pastures for him. Other shows have been shooting at him for years, I'm sure a lot of us remember when Wade had THE strongest route in the state, and Crown had the second.

I think he put the best face on it, you never want to burn your bridges no matter how strong a swimmer you are. If they are looking for a big chunk o' change then I"m thinking that it's not going to be all that desirable to most of the other good shows (McDonagh, Arnold, Playworld, Skerbeck, etc.)

Of course it's possible that this is a poker game and Frank is going to see if Steve Jenkins will blink.

Hard to call. No midway can keep pumping out money and survive. Ballsy move in any event.
For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.
rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, November 27, 2008 5:20:25 PM
I was told Danny Huston was there visiting several days this year.
2ndgencarnie
Thursday, November 27, 2008 5:31:22 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rdcolles

I was told Danny Huston was there visiting several days this year.

That doesn't suprise me...[:)]
Pizzagod
Thursday, November 27, 2008 5:37:54 PM
well....back when I knew Wegerly, Pugh would pick up spots and build them, spots that others had given up on....

NAME does have equipment there.

Interesting.....
For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.