Skywheelrider
Monday, November 24, 2008 2:07:38 PM
I have sold a few pieces, built one that was not quite right so I sold it and built a new one, and replaced some of what I sold with new. WHEW. Got all that? LOL

Okay, I built this fun house last Spring actually, never posted a photo. The real one belongs to Arnold Amusements. The model belongs to Frangipani Amusements.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

I stopped in at the local hobby shop and was perusing the Plastruct items, and saw some girders that I thought would work for a Super Shot, so I bought them, and using some photos I had I built one for Frangipani Amusements. It's not exact to the letter, but close enough for me.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

And finally, I built a Tempest, but it just did not look quite right to me, so I emailed Warren Renauld and asked him if he could give me the dimensions of the one he built, and he came through. Thanks Warren! So I sold the first one (which still looked good), and built a new one using Warren's numbers. Frangipani Amusements gets this one, too.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

I am also going to rebuild the Hustler for Wonderland Shows, and I am working on a Scooter for Wonderland as well. I am also working on a Super Shot for Justin's JLJ Midways, too; he wanted one after he saw mine.

Just having fun model building again!

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, November 24, 2008 2:15:30 PM
Great looking models ! Nice flashy colors, even the pink fence works !!!
Skywheelrider
Monday, November 24, 2008 5:15:19 PM
Thanks guys, appreciate the comments.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, November 24, 2008 5:17:57 PM
looks good there chris. like that drop tower. hope it wins some $$.
2ndgencarnie
Monday, November 24, 2008 5:40:01 PM
Looking Good Chris....love that Fun House.
skywheel88
Monday, November 24, 2008 6:43:01 PM
Chris, all those pieces are great. The Drop Tower is genious![:0][:D] Great scratch-building!
Kenny.

Skywheelrider
Tuesday, November 25, 2008 11:25:27 AM
Thanks guys. [:)]
BeauceCarnavalMan
Tuesday, November 25, 2008 4:34:15 PM
looks good love that drop tower
BeauceCarnavalMan
BSA Mike
Tuesday, November 25, 2008 5:30:11 PM
Wow chris i like the tower, good job with it.

be sure to secure it when ya play the hallway, it gets breezy there when you leave the doors open.
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, November 25, 2008 7:56:14 PM
Thanks guys.

Mike, yeah gotta be careful, the air blowing from the heat duct can cause havoc with the tall pieces. LOL [:D]

AGS
  •  AGS
  • 55.38% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Wednesday, November 26, 2008 1:16:15 PM
Diffently some Great model building there !! Keep up the Great work Chris!!
JustinJames
Wednesday, November 26, 2008 5:23:38 PM
Looking good there Mr. Hurley!!! I can't wait for
JLJ's Super Shot!!!
BSA Mike
Wednesday, November 26, 2008 5:41:12 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustinJames

Looking good there Mr. Hurley!!! I can't wait for
JLJ's Super Shot!!!

lol as good as that looks im lookin for the BSA Super Shot [;)]
Matt C.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:54:37 PM
Very nice Chris!!!
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, November 26, 2008 10:01:24 PM
Thanks guys. Appreciate the nice comments.

I am going to add "lights" around the Tempest as well, bought some styrene rods on Tuesday for the posts and bows.