SideWinder
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:54:05 AM
We play one towards the end of May/beginning of June and as long as the weather cooperates we get very good size crowds....It's actually not a "MALL SPOT" we use the mall parking lot to play a "YOUTH FAIR" for 2 weeks
crny1234
  •  crny1234
  • 50.96% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 9:25:13 AM
fiesta shows, opens its season for a month long parkinglot in revere mass, when weather is good u cant move on the midway, or how about belmont race track its a parkinglot and reithoffer puts in some big equipment, meadowlands parkinglot, ect...
"NOW MICHAEL," said the teacher to the agressive youngster," what do you think your classmates would think of you if you were always kind and polite?"
" they'd think they could beat me up!...

" GO YANKEES "
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 3:49:44 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b7d728b3127ccec246be7e6dd600000010O00AasWTRs0ctWIPbz4I/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/[/img]

Is that a photo of Pugh Shows???

Yes it is, in Warren, Michigan in 2001.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
2ndgencarnie
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 3:51:40 PM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

Quote:

quote:

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b7d728b3127ccec246be7e6dd600000010O00AasWTRs0ctWIPbz4I/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/[/img]

Is that a photo of Pugh Shows???

Yes it is, in Warren, Michigan in 2001.

Sure do miss those days. I always looked forward to them coming around.
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:02:19 PM
So did I Nick, so did I. I basically grew up seeing them all around the area in the 1980's. I saw them more than I did any other show.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, November 12, 2008 2:23:54 AM
Ive played some parking lots that have turned into some serious money, most of all in the Detroit Metro area. Wade, Pugh, and Crown Shows seem to hold most of the good ones.
Jackpotter
Wednesday, November 12, 2008 2:51:39 AM
I saw Myers once in Lexington KY at a Wal Mart parking lot a few years back and it was PACKED.

NAME played the mall in Bowling Green this year in early May...was there on Kentucky Derby Day. It was chilly, but they had a real good crowd.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, November 12, 2008 3:36:46 AM
they are everywhere. michael's amusements plays all the lots in and around fayetteville during the spring. smokey mountain does the same thru the carolinas and there is one spot in the state that would be played every month if a certain carnival would stay south. most spring dates are parking lots or vacant lots. not enough viable festivals for everyone.
2ndgencarnie
Wednesday, November 12, 2008 5:04:59 AM
Best Parking Lot I ever played was a Target that was closed on the south side of Louisville. We were only going to play 6 days but It went so well we stayed for 11 days. When it comes to these deals, like others have said, something is better than nothing. You can keep the help working and get a chance to do some work on the rides here and there since you have no piece count to fulfill.
FrankiesFoods
Wednesday, November 12, 2008 7:34:37 AM
I remember when we were with a show we use to bank on the parking lots, Hartford, New Britian, New Haven at the Toys r us. The money was always good.
Life is like a Merry go round has it's ups and downs but always come back around.
Bowler Roller
Wednesday, November 12, 2008 8:43:49 AM
Is that picture of Pugh, at 16 and Van Dyke?
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, November 12, 2008 8:46:07 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bowler Roller

Is that picture of Pugh, at 16 and Van Dyke?

12 Mile and Schoenner in Warren.
Bowler Roller
Wednesday, November 12, 2008 8:48:01 AM
Ok, Ive seen that one, too. Come to think of it, Dykeland is in Sterling Heights, not Warren.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
technical park fan
Thursday, November 13, 2008 4:11:29 PM
I got to see strates rides in danbury,CT. very good rides.
unclewallyjr
Sunday, November 16, 2008 5:00:52 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by back40

OK BOYS, so here's my question... how many of these "Parking lot fairs" have turned into something for a carnival, I,m not just saying for Strates shows but how many other carnivals have worked to get the show off the parking lot and set up a fair on some grounds?
I,m sure that this has got to have happen in the past?
I,m just thowing out some names of parking lot's we played that only the old timers would remember..
Lakeland, Flagler Beach, sunrise,Broward(gulf stream race track)
washington DC

How about Meadowlands, Yonkers, Shea, Yankee, Nassau Coliseum. All parking lots. All big at one time. Some still are.