with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, November 10, 2008 11:47:56 AM
Since Gogator keeps saying the Albany fair was like a Parking lot Carnival this year I decided to Google "Parking Lot Carnival" Found some decent pics there and pics of "Parking Lot Carnivals" any fair except Albany would be thrilled to have....

Here's a intereting link that I found there...Anyone want to clue us in on what joint Walter is working??? I thought NAME was Sunday School....
http://greylily.wordpress.com/ 
RichardK
Monday, November 10, 2008 12:20:21 PM
archived14
Monday, November 10, 2008 1:32:05 PM
Thanks for continuing to try to "show me up"....
Missin it
Monday, November 10, 2008 1:36:10 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by gogator

It isn't that he is showing you up. I would think of it as a free education or possibly he is showing you the errors of your thought process. What are you going to do when you can't book any one for the annual Spectacular in Albany?
"Everytime you open your mouth you make it harder and harder to take you seriously"
V. Boombotz

If you can't defend your self don't make stupid comments (please)
2ndgencarnie
Monday, November 10, 2008 1:45:09 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Missin it

Quote:

quote:

It isn't that he is showing you up. I would think of it as a free education or possibly he is showing you the errors of your thought process. What are you going to do when you can't book any one for the annual Spectacular in Albany?

I agree...education.[;)]
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
Monday, November 10, 2008 1:54:25 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Missin it

Quote:

quote:

You nailed it Missinit... You got these guys who get to play God one time a year and they are Experts in the Amusement Business...I wonder if any of the Big Spots Committee has ever visted any other of Strates' Spots? Then they might really see how insignifcant(sp) they are in the Grand Scheme of Things called Strates Route....lol

I got to toss props to Gator over "Parking Lot Carnival" I've googled all kinds of Carnival related words and phrases...just not that one....[;)]
Skywheelrider
Monday, November 10, 2008 2:45:02 PM
I have seen plenty of "parking lot carnivals" that would put county fair midways to shame.

http://www.i-mockery.com...cks/cloverleaf-carnival/ 

Here's another "parking lot carnival" that looks nice to me....

UserPostedImage

And another:

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b7d728b3127ccec246be7e6dd600000010O00AasWTRs0ctWIPbz4I/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/[/img]

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
cny_chris
Monday, November 10, 2008 2:50:08 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Since Gogator keeps saying the Albany fair was like a Parking lot Carnival this year I decided to Google "Parking Lot Carnival" Found some decent pics there and pics of "Parking Lot Carnivals" any fair except Albany would be thrilled to have....

Not to prolong this whole discussion, but Strates has a date where they are exactly that, a Parking Lot Carnival. Danbury City Fair is a month-long spot in June-July where they play the parking lot at the Danbury Fair Mall in Danbury, CT. Based on that, I guess they aren't good enough for Albany, GA?
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
cny_chris
Monday, November 10, 2008 2:53:51 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

UserPostedImage

That's Strates, at the Danbury City Fair. Let's see... there's the Dutch Wheel, Top Spin, Wave Swinger, KMG Fireball....

Good find, Chris.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
Monday, November 10, 2008 2:56:21 PM
Quote:

quote:

I have seen plenty of "parking lot carnivals" that would put county fair midways to shame.

http://www.i-mockery.com...cks/cloverleaf-carnival/ 

UserPostedImage

What's that I see over there.....Is it? Nah...It Could'nt be...or is it? Do my eyes decieve me? Is that a Top Spin in a Parking Lot???? Nahhhhh

Albany might not want it now...Since it's been tainted by Abandoned K-mart Parking lot Cooties....lol They are much more deserving...lol
2ndgencarnie
Monday, November 10, 2008 3:23:31 PM
Quote:

quote:

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b7d728b3127ccec246be7e6dd600000010O00AasWTRs0ctWIPbz4I/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/[/img]

Is that a photo of Pugh Shows???
mamma teena
Monday, November 10, 2008 3:28:10 PM
yep sure is...
Always,Mamma
"With It...For It... Love It...Live It"
gas_brad
Monday, November 10, 2008 4:09:14 PM
My show does tons of a lot of parking lot shows. the 3 months I was there this season we had a few. who knows for the begging of the season up until the end of July.
back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 2:39:57 AM
OK BOYS, so here's my question... how many of these "Parking lot fairs" have turned into something for a carnival, I,m not just saying for Strates shows but how many other carnivals have worked to get the show off the parking lot and set up a fair on some grounds?
I,m sure that this has got to have happen in the past?
I,m just thowing out some names of parking lot's we played that only the old timers would remember..
Lakeland, Flagler Beach, sunrise,Broward(gulf stream race track)
washington DC
it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 4:44:12 AM
I've played my share of strip malls, shopping centers and the like. We have shows here in the DFW area that play them. While most are not big winners it is a place to keep the help occupied and money coming in. Better in a parking lot than sitting on a truck.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked