dccradio
  •  dccradio
  • 60.54% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 3:16:26 AM
We are visiting family in Maryland and are planning on going to the Great Frederick Fair later today. We checked the Fair website and the local newspaper and found that today is a pay one price on the midway, but no price amount is given. Some of the family want to ride and we were wondering how much Reithoffer typically charges for P.O.P? Can anyone help with this?

On another note, I do plan on taking pictures of the fair and will post here when they are uploaded.

Thanks for your help on the P.O.P.
Mark H
JustJeff
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 4:49:04 AM
Did some searching for you .
Specials are COKE DAYS- Friday the 12th-Saturday the 13th kind of a moot point since they are past,BUT --Teusday the 16th,thursday the 18th and Saturday the 20th---$25 POP ($5 off with proper coke can).

Now here is the deal.If you can wait till tomorrow (Wed the 17th)it is carload day...$50 a carload includes admission, parking,and unlimited rides for everyone who is LEGALLY seatbelted in the vehicle.I would assume they won't allow pickup trucks ,etc loaded down and such and understandably so.

It says for this promotion you must use Lot D OFF Monocacy ST> THey have a free shuttle....Heck of a deal if you ask me.

All this info I found as follows...www.thegreatfrederickfair.com

Click on carnival and ride promotions.Click on Coke days or Carload Day.

Have a good time..Hope this helped...jeff

Edited to add ..All hours of promos and such are on there also.

Ther is a friday special also,One ticket off each ride I believe..jeff
dccradio
  •  dccradio
  • 60.54% (Friendly)
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 5:21:00 AM
Thanks Just Jeff I think we may be going tomorrow during the $50 deal instead. Thanks for the information, I had checked the fair site but did not see that.
Mark H
JustJeff
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 5:41:25 AM
My pleasure,Yeah that is a heck of a bargain,probably will be some lines to deal with ,but ya can't have everything..enjoy...jeff
skywheel88
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 9:14:53 AM
Looking forward to your pics Mark, no one seems to post pics of this fair anywhere but from what I have seen Big R sets up a mean lot there.
Kenny.

JOHN C
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 9:34:07 AM
if anyone ever gets the chance to go to Perry,Ga it would be well worth it...beautiful fairground and Reithoffer has one hell of a lineup every year
once you go carnie you never go back

UserPostedImage
Erik9976
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 11:52:09 AM
Yes John C Perry is awesome. It gets bigger every year. The grounds are very beautiful and well kept too.
dccradio
  •  dccradio
  • 60.54% (Friendly)
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 11:59:39 AM
Well we will be going to the fair later this week but today we drove into Frederick to do the walking tour which meant we drove by the fairgrounds. So since the camera was with me and I wasn't driving I snapped a few candid pictures from the vehicle as we passed the midway this morning and this afternoon. I also have included a few pictures of Reithoffer's wheel as it could be seen from a number of points around the city of Frederick.

I know these pics aren't that good since they were taken from a moving vehicle, but it should give you a taste of the fair. More pics to come!

Pictures are here...

http://community.webshot...66vtaKPZ?vhost=community 
Mark H
longpondcamper
Wednesday, September 17, 2008 11:13:56 AM
Pics look good, nice line up, at least what we can see of it... Can't wait to see the real pics from on the grounds.
D Hunter
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, September 17, 2008 12:44:38 PM
Frederick is a neat old fairgrounds. I visited a few years ago. It is hilly and the walkways between the rides going up the hill are very narrow and get jampacked! They bring the big rides there.
dccradio
  •  dccradio
  • 60.54% (Friendly)
Thursday, September 18, 2008 8:51:15 AM
Last night we went to the Great Frederick Fair and I was quite impressed. A full trip report to come after I finish uploading the pictures. I did upload 16 pages of my daylight pictures of the fair and the can be seen here.

http://home-and-garden.w...RK?vhost=home-and-garden 

Mark H
skywheel88
Thursday, September 18, 2008 9:53:39 AM
Great album Mark![:D][:D][:D] I especially enjoyed the aerial shots and the shots of the Dutch Wheel. What a cool fair. Thanks!
Kenny.

massachusettsman
Thursday, September 18, 2008 11:32:46 AM
willdecided
Thursday, September 18, 2008 2:20:58 PM
Awesome photos dccradio. I am a huge Huss Tornado fan, so those pictures were my favorite. It sucked that it wasn't at the fair in Essex Vermont this year, but I heard that they were having problems with it and it needed to be fixed. The photos you took of the Dutch Wheel were cool as well..

The Mouse Coaster at the fair this year; is this a new ride, or does it usally travel with the Blue Unit? I know about the Wild Mouse Coaster, but I have never seen the coaster you had pictures of. That looks like a lot of fun.

Anyway, good job with the pics.. Hope you had fun.
Tornado
Thursday, September 18, 2008 2:46:30 PM
Great pictures... I enjoyed them!
Huss Tornado
Dutch Wheel
Indy 500 coaster
Tango
etc...
Not a bad lineup.

There were 7 rides, 8 if you what to count the live pony ride, that are not Reithoffers.

Gravitron
NightMare dark ride (christani I believe)
Capn Hooks Playstation
Western Mouse kiddie coaster
Frog Hopper
Hamp-U
Mini Pirate Ship

What is on the other end of the midway?

That Entrance Gate is new this year and they probably have the kiddie land entrance gate up on the other end of the midway.

I like the look of the Indy 500 coaster much Better than the Racing Coaster even though they are the same coaster type. The Indy 500 has the wooden panel scenery vs. the vinyl on the Racing...

The Pharaoh’s Fury has new turbo lights up the A-Frames that were put on during the summer. They look great.

I also like how they added the turbo lights up the rest area umbrellas as well.

Remember along with Fredrick the other half of the Orange Unit is in Lexington NC and the Blue Unit is in Bloomsburg PA with some stuff pre-set in Perry GA.