Discjo
  •  Discjo
  • 54.74% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Benjibear
Sunday, August 10, 2008 5:04:14 AM
I have never been there but I what I have seen and read online, the park doesn't look that impressing. They would have been better off building a normal park (or just leaving the Pavilion). I may be wrong, but I bet this park will not last.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Sonja
  •  Sonja
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help
Sunday, August 10, 2008 11:46:37 AM
Ryan and I went there in June of this year. We pretty much had upfront parking and walked right on to every ride(which was 4 I think at the time). There wasn't alot to do but the presentation of the rides is pretty neat. Its the only park that I have been to where you "attend" a rock concert before getting on a roller coaster and where you're headrests have speakers so you can rock out the entire time. It actually made the ride a little better hearing the music right there rather than off in the distance. We asked one of the workers there what time it would get busy and he said after 2, so we left and came back around 5. There was probably about 10 more cars there than when we left. I knew they would run into some financial trouble cause they should have been packed, after all, it was senior week and Ocean Blvd was full off people. They did have a good laser/fireworks show. Its too bad if they dont make it.
As happy as a turtle on a conveyor belt!
Predatorocks
Sunday, August 10, 2008 2:50:28 PM
I don't think that park is advertising it that much. They want the people from out of town, but maybe they don't know about it. Secondly, I don't think it's a family park which eliminates a lot of people. You could have a family with kids, and tweens, and they don't want to go because it's not geared towards them. I don't think they have kids prices.

The musical genres are older. They aren't today's music so it's geared more towards older people, but yet the older people can't bring the kids. Two drug rides doesn't seem feasable for a family along with no kids prices.

So, you got the teens, and they have how many thrilling roller coasters to go on? They might be bored in a hour, and leave. The admission to get in this park is quite high for a park that doesn't have many rides. They have shows, and other stuff, but for the rides; I don't think it's worth it.

I think this park would be for a teen, but yet at the same time, the music is not geared towards them. Yet, the rides aren't all teenish rides.

I think this park is for music people that like all years and genres of music, and don't care to go on many rides.

I don't think it will make it much longer.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, August 10, 2008 3:13:38 PM
I kinda compare it to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It took forever for that place to get off the ground. Then again half the acts that have been inducted lately never been to the place. Why do you think the ceremony is in New York.

I'm 35 and the RnR HOF is just now getting bands I'm intrested in as members. From what I seen the Hard Luck Park is geared for people older then me. Alot of the themeing is 70's....From what I seen who wants to relive that crap?

http://www.hardrockpark.com/parkattractions.cfm 

I think a bunch of old guys got together and put up a Themepark for themselves and what they liked...

The resturants are nothing more then a Applebees with cooler stuff on the wall and $5 higher prices. Don't forget your T-Shirt to impress your friends you ate at a Tacky Resturant....lol
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, August 10, 2008 3:38:43 PM
These descriptions by people who have been to the new park sound scarily similar to the old Opryland Park - which had high prices, lots of shows, mostly wimpy rides. Didn't know what audience it was after, and it closed after 25+ years.
barn
  •  barn
  • 50.06% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Monday, August 11, 2008 7:18:05 AM
I do those were great times for me
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

I kinda compare it to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It took forever for that place to get off the ground. Then again half the acts that have been inducted lately never been to the place. Why do you think the ceremony is in New York.

I'm 35 and the RnR HOF is just now getting bands I'm intrested in as members. From what I seen the Hard Luck Park is geared for people older then me. Alot of the themeing is 70's....From what I seen who wants to relive that crap?

http://www.hardrockpark.com/parkattractions.cfm 

I think a bunch of old guys got together and put up a Themepark for themselves and what they liked...

The resturants are nothing more then a Applebees with cooler stuff on the wall and $5 higher prices. Don't forget your T-Shirt to impress your friends you ate at a Tacky Resturant....lol

Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, August 11, 2008 7:20:57 AM
I hope to visit this park in the fall and I sure hope it will survive. How far inland is it from the beach area?

barn
  •  barn
  • 50.06% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Monday, August 11, 2008 7:21:00 AM
I really enjoyed opryland,but you really had to be a big country fan to enjoy it. too bad it didnt make it
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Sue

These descriptions by people who have been to the new park sound scarily similar to the old Opryland Park - which had high prices, lots of shows, mostly wimpy rides. Didn't know what audience it was after, and it closed after 25+ years.

with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, August 11, 2008 4:10:01 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Tre in GA

The idea behind the park is the foundations of Rock and Roll, not the processed crap they call music today.
tre

That's funny....I don't recall seeing any Elvis Presley Shows, The Chuck Berry-go-Round or the Beatles Yellow Submarine Ride.

Insted they got Moody Blues and The B-52s[xx(][xx(][xx(]

Led Zepplin in Rock and Roll Heaven???? WTF It should be Elvis, Buddy Holly, Big Bopper, Richie Valens, Jimi Hendrix and a few other deserving Rock'n Rollers that died. Not a Band that has one dead member.
Pattiecake
Monday, August 11, 2008 4:59:10 PM
I was living in Myrtle Beach when they were just talking about building the Hard Rock park. The man that owns it did a TV interview and said that he owns a diamond mine in Australia. He made it sound like that it was going to be one of his "hobbies". And he said not to judge it's success by ticket grosses compared to 6 Flags. He said that he had plenty of $$ to put into it to make it a success. So it might get better as time goes by. It is where the old Waccamaw Mall was...up towards Conway.
Play fast, Win big, Leave early!!
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, August 11, 2008 5:02:25 PM
Hard Rock sounds like a weak theme for any venue. It doesn't have a family ring to it.
UserPostedImage
violater_1968
Monday, August 11, 2008 5:59:12 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by barn

I really enjoyed opryland,but you really had to be a big country fan to enjoy it. too bad it didnt make it
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Sue

When Gaylord bought the park , they had already planned to close it and build a mall. They ruined Nashville's tourist rate and now Nashville is thinking of building a new park.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, August 12, 2008 6:01:38 AM
Quote:

quote:

Well I wasnt saying they did it right man. I didnt know there was a B 52s attraction, what the hell is it? A gay bar? The B 52s have a dead member too.
Big Bopper and Richie Valens, boy that will bring the crowds running.

I mean they should theme it from all decades, How about a Motley COaster or something like that? Hopefully theyll keep adding to it.
tre

I just think the Rock and Roll Heaven should be a Tribute area and not a Led Zepplin Coaster....

I think there should be a Heavy Metal Dark Ride and make it like the scene in the Movie of the same name where the guy is flying thru space in his Corvette...

As for Motley Crue, How about a Bumper Cars. They could be Ferrari style and have Empty Bottles of Booze in them....One might even have RIP Razzle on it.*

"Don't forget to buy your Motley Crue T-Shirt, All Procedes go to keep thier Lead Singer out of Jail" Dead Milkmen, b****in' Camero

* Google it if you don't know the reference[;)]

You sound like you wanna go now that you know there's a B-52's attraction....You know they are from Georgia too....[xx(]

I'm headin' down the Atlanta highway,
lookin' for Tre's getaway
Heading for the love getaway, love getaway,
I got me a girl, she's as big as a whale
and we're headin' on down
To the Love Shack
I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20
So hurry up and bring your jukebox money
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, August 12, 2008 4:20:34 PM
Quote:

quote:

No I cant stand the B 52s , hence my retort about a gay bar.
I know about Vince killing Razzle from Hanoi ROcks (awesome band by the way, GNR totally ripped them off). I know the Dead Milkmen as well. I am just suprised with Motleys , namly Nikki Sixxs penchant for marketing stuff latly there hasnt been a MC ride anywhere.
I own a copy of the Dirt Glenn, cool book.
tre

Me too...Nikki is a Gene Simmons wannabe. BTW, I'm gonna go see them Tuesday in Cincy anyone wanna go?

Nikki's I ODed and Died story has gotten pretty old....Who the f*** does he think he is? Keith Richards?