Fabbri_Guy
Thursday, August 7, 2008 4:24:24 PM
yeah, I miss reed shows doing the wyandotte fair and their other unit doing the Amelia air heart festival.

(off topic) but how do you get booked in china? are they over there for good or do they do shows over seas?
wheelingtunnel
Thursday, August 7, 2008 5:51:04 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by HUSSRAINBOW

is Wade's Rainbow there? or is HUSS still checking out all the models after Liseberg....

I was wondering what was the situation was with Wade's Rainbow after what went on with the Rainbow over at Liseberg in Sweden.
Going to travelling carnivals, circuses, and amusement parks has given me a broad spectrum of knowledge of what goes on in the amusement world.
Erik9976
Thursday, August 7, 2008 10:32:41 PM
Chris Are The clarks with yall permanentally or just for a few spots. tell them Jackie and Erik said hello if u see them. Thnx. We kno them frm the old SDS days.
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Friday, August 8, 2008 3:34:54 AM
Everyone I talked to loved the theme park feel the midway had. This will be one of the most memorable years. Thanks to Wade Shows and everyone responsible for making it happen.
RodB
Skywheelrider
Sunday, August 10, 2008 3:48:27 PM
This photo appeared in today's local newspaper, the Sedalia Democrat. Look at the crowd....weather has been great here all weekend, just a small threat of rain on Saturday.

UserPostedImage

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
cme
  •  cme
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, August 10, 2008 3:51:09 PM
I am glad to see the people out on a good day
JustinJames
Sunday, August 10, 2008 5:02:51 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rodler

Everyone I talked to loved the theme park feel the midway had. This will be one of the most memorable years. Thanks to Wade Shows and everyone responsible for making it happen.

Wade has a certain gift for making the "park" feeling happen. They did the same tranformation in Livonia. Goes from being just a big carnival to something more.
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
Sunday, August 10, 2008 7:34:12 PM
There are people riding whitewater that have not been on a ride for years. I plan on it myself this coming weekend and also the zyklon. I think this year will go down as one of the very best.
RodB
john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, August 10, 2008 7:51:38 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rodler

Reed played Mo. until Murphy Brothers went to China and now they play North Dakota and Wisconsin, but Sedalia is Jerry Murphys.

thanks for posting ,the last time i played the spot was 79 or 80 we had a bad storm ,front gate blew down lots line up trailers fliped over many stick joint busted up ,i dont know if it was a tornado or just a storm. jerry had the show open about 2 hours later ,anybody here remember that.
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, August 10, 2008 8:39:36 PM
Were they spending or just walking?
UserPostedImage
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
Monday, August 11, 2008 6:36:05 AM
That storm was just straight line 70-80mph winds. Luckily with so many people still outside there were not more injuries. As far as spending goes there were many people playing games and the lines for the rides were steady. My son and I lost our rear ends on the basketball game I believe was called big shot, but he rebounded with a win on a water game. Outside of the Ozark Empire Fair this is the only other Major Fair in this region so with good weather and good concerts it usually will do well. After the last few years of good midways I believe now more people come for the rides than in the past.
RodB
Fabbri_Guy
Monday, August 18, 2008 12:43:59 PM
The show sure did get thoughs rides tore down quick and on the road. All that's left is the roller coster, Enterprise, Slide, Go Gator, and games.
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
Monday, August 18, 2008 2:33:02 PM
The whitewater ride made the august 10th post on the state fair web site blog as the new hot ride.
RodB
Skywheelrider
Monday, August 18, 2008 6:48:26 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Fabbri_Guy

The show sure did get thoughs rides tore down quick and on the road. All that's left is the roller coster, Enterprise, Slide, Go Gator, and games.

Had too. We open tomorrow in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Go Gator is here now, too. White Water heading back to Michigan for the State Fair.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Fabbri_Guy
Monday, August 18, 2008 9:18:54 PM
@Skywheelrider
Sure is a site to see when a midway is on its game! So you guys are coming back for the ga-li-gon days festival right? Then ill be able to see the show in person[8D]