carmlfrk
  •  carmlfrk
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help Topic Starter
Monday, August 4, 2008 6:50:24 PM
On Sunday evening late ,Richie was putting flags up on his grab. The joint sits high up and close to electric lines. the flag pole hit the live wire and electrocuted him. He was jolted pretty good and released the pole-which is probably what saved his life. He was taken by ambulance to st. Anthony's hospital in Rockford,Ill. He is in ICU because of burns. We visited him today and he looks good and doing well. He has some burnt skin but a small price to pay for the 2nd chance life he has been given. the docs have told him the stay there will be from 6-14 days. he doesn't have his cell phone with him yet but i expect that his wife or mother will bring it to him. keep him and the family in your prayers
porkchopexpress
Monday, August 4, 2008 7:42:56 PM
I hope he's doing well, I play a fair with him at the end of this month if he needs any help getting his equipment to or from let me know and I'll help anyway I can
Matt C.
Monday, August 4, 2008 9:24:27 PM
Just heard about Richie today.. glad he's doing OK. It could have been a lot worse!!
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, August 4, 2008 11:23:33 PM
Wasn't he lucky.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The term electrocution can mean either:

murder, accidental death, or suicide by electric shock
deliberate execution by electric shock, usually involving an electric chair; the word "electrocution" is a portmanteau for "electrical execution"
Electrocution is also frequently used to incorrectly refer to a non-fatal electric shock.

UserPostedImage
stitch
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 3:30:50 AM
So glad you posted that, been worried about him all day! Tried to call, but totally understood no answer. If anyone sees him and Judy, please give them our hugs. Sooo scary. Live each day, as they say. Thank God he will be fine.
3genstrong
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 7:40:51 AM
I spoke with his sister Lorie yesterday, she is with him. She said he will be ok but has a long road ahead. He may lose a couple of his toes[:(]. My cousin, Robert Campbell, was electrocuted several years back and we lost him instantly, God rest his soul. It just shows you how precious life is. We have been friends with Ritchie and Judy and their families for the longest time. We are so thankful he is going to be ok.
Playing games for a living.
carmlfrk
  •  carmlfrk
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 8:31:59 AM
i will try to keep everyone updated, being i am in same spot as them this week. As for Judy and contacting her, try through Richies phone until she brings it to him, she lost hers.
carmlfrk
  •  carmlfrk
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 5:46:07 PM
as of Tuesday-august 5th, 2008

Richie is going to have surgery on his thigh. they were going to do a skin graft but instead they will close with stitches. as for toes, they are still waiting on that. They are still looking at the toes at this time and haven't made a decision on losing any yet. his surgery is scheduled for Wednesday at 6:30 pm and he should be released Thursday. This is information from Judy who has asked me to do the posting here.

A message from the George's family.......
"We truly appreciate all replies, and prayers from all of our fellow showmen. Thank you for the prayers and well wishes. Thank you for all the support and offers of help . Richie is doing well and we are truly blessed to have him with us. Thank you all."

I will continue to update this site and let everyone know the latest each evening.....
Pizzagod
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 7:32:55 PM
What a mess! Occupational hazard with those tall trailers I guess.
For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.
carnahan
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 7:54:48 PM
a good case in point , to use P.V.C. pipe !
man is the only animal that can blush , or has the need to !
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, August 5, 2008 8:15:04 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by carnahan

a good case in point , to use P.V.C. pipe !

Case in point to leave them down if they are gonna be that close to high voltage...Sorry about the guys luck.
carmlfrk
  •  carmlfrk
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Wednesday, August 6, 2008 6:05:04 PM
Richie's surgery was postponed until 9:30 this evening and it was a short surgery and a success , his sister told me. I spoke to her at 10 pm and she said he wants a cheeseburger and milkshake. They are still waiting on deciding anything on the toes. Again I will update you all as I get the information. Because the surgery was so late, he may not be let out on Thursday but I will let you know.
Thanks again to everyone who prayed for him..........
Missin it
Wednesday, August 6, 2008 6:15:06 PM
glad to hear that he is doing better

"Everytime you open your mouth you make it harder and harder to take you seriously"
V. Boombotz

If you can't defend your self don't make stupid comments (please)
carmlfrk
  •  carmlfrk
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Friday, August 8, 2008 8:06:42 AM
Spoke by phone to Richie at 10:45pm Thursday evening. He sounds Good. He is in a lot of pain and still in ICU. At this time he is not sure when he will be let to go home (to spot). He is very tired. And again, Thank you all for the continued prayers.
carmlfrk
  •  carmlfrk
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Friday, August 8, 2008 7:40:44 PM
Richie was discharged from hospital this morning (Fri) and is in PAIN. We haven't seen him yet but word is he may come out of trailer on scooter or wheelchair to say hi to everyone, hope he doesn't over do it.
Still not sure about toes yet. chance he may still lose 2. Thanks again for your prayers, offers of help and well wishes........