carniedude
Friday, July 25, 2008 7:34:12 AM
[:)] Check out this new lighting package for Harolds wheel on ....

rideguyndasun
Friday, July 25, 2008 7:39:02 AM
Do you know if thats #1 or #2? And is this the one that Eddie Hazard moved?
carniedude
Friday, July 25, 2008 7:47:49 AM
Don't know about 1 or 2 but it is the one Ed moved. Harold is in the process of lighting up his other wheel now. Should be done with that wheel in about a month.
WestCoastPat
Friday, July 25, 2008 9:52:00 AM
Fantastic. I was wondering if anyone had any good or bad things to say after relighting a ride with LED's? The show they put on is great, but like any new technology if it does not last without problems it may not be the coming thing.
WestCoastPat-Proud Mark of all things Carnival. STILL a "FAN BOY"-and proud of it.
rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, July 25, 2008 10:11:55 AM
Matt C.
Friday, July 25, 2008 10:16:52 AM
Thats sweet!

Are the LED's all preprogramed or is there a electronic flasher doing the work?
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
csr98
  •  csr98
  • 50.06% (Neutral)
  • Operations
Friday, July 25, 2008 11:30:02 AM
More than likely its like the LED system that showman supply sells and its all programed with a computer (laptop) to set the chase pattern. Rick at showmans has a fiberglass star with LED's that does some WILD patterns and he said it was programmed with a computer to do the color changes and the patterns...... Just my take on it but I will have to say that the wheel looks spectacular with it. I am curious if all LED's make a ride alittle darker overall? Also if you suppliment it with say quartz or halides does it washout the led's alittle and make it less affective??
rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, July 25, 2008 12:07:38 PM
On the ones I've seen, to program them you just put the software on your laptop, plug the controller into the USB port of your laptop, and you're good to go.
carniedude
Friday, July 25, 2008 12:27:47 PM
Hi all, This is Dickie - the designer of this led lighting system on Harold's wheel. There are 256 clear led tubes, each with 144 led's. Thats 48 red, 48 green and 48 blue. We used a usb to dmx interface with plenty of memory and programmed about a 10min show. (We just keep playing with it till we get tired or the memory gets full). Any tube can be replaced without pre-computer setup. All the addressing is done in the dmx stage and 12 tube controllers are used on the axle. Where we don't need 3phase anymore - just single phase 3 wire, we used the extra two remaining rings for dmx to control wall washers aiming down on the platforms. Yes, although the colors are very rich and very bright when all white, there is not much light given off, so we use wall washers that project color. We will be tearing down under led white light for the first time and we'll be back with how that worked out. Ya'll have fun!
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Friday, July 25, 2008 1:19:34 PM
excellent job
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
booker
Friday, July 25, 2008 6:56:17 PM
Skywheelrider
Friday, July 25, 2008 7:23:08 PM
Wow, that looks fantastic. That would look great on our Mulligan Wheel.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, July 26, 2008 12:58:54 AM
INCREDIBLE!!!!

My 4 year old nephew came in as it was playing and said "COOL! HOW DO YOU DO THAT?!"
JustinJames
Saturday, July 26, 2008 5:25:53 AM
Those are the same tubes and dmx controllers that we have on our Fury and on the Swinger that was sold to Terry Schmidt.
Flying Coaster
Saturday, July 26, 2008 5:31:46 AM
I see alot more of these coming down the pike, they look great, as well as drawing far less power meaning reduced fuel consumption in the long run.
All Skywheels should be yeller.