Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, July 13, 2008 8:26:36 PM
Took a breather from wally world saturday morning and hit the road. I will say carnival hoping is much funner and faster with a GPS now (thanks dave).

started in my hometown at the Merrville IN greekfest, being played by wabash valley rides (ken hayworth). Smaller festival with excellent pastries. Ken had a eli wheel, swinger, para troper, loop o plane, slide, tea cups, MGR, venture kiddie combo, and a home made kidde combo.

Second stop was the schervile IN greekfest. Being played by shortline amusements. Astro liner, scrambler, musical chairs, MGR, slide, hampton, kiddie swings and 2 other older kiddie rides.

The thrid stop was the palos hills IL greek church. Supposed to be a major carnival, found out later that the no showed. All Around amusements was nice enough to provide the church with some inflatbibles.

The forth spot was wilson family shows. Nice lookin show, lots of booked in rides.
wislons rides-,mgr, selner punkins,slide, orbitor, 1001 nachts, zipper, orbitor, wipeout, 2 hamptons, sizzler, kidstown, train, fury, floyd and baxter scooter, dragon wagon.

PBJ happee shows-wave swinger, expo wheel

Deggler??? tilt and a hurricane. Very suprised to see 2 of there rides in chi town.

The fith spot was modern midways playing the melrose park IL italin fest. A long time fest, one of the good old ones. Show was cramed into the lot, scrambler, orbitor, ring of fire, tilt, a sweet frog hopper, train, airplanes, hampton, moonwalk, spider with new dennis kline paint job, gorhamns dark ride, dragon wagon, fun house, MGR.

Eddie briggs, ketchem, and homer prices with joints,

Spot 6 was windy city unit 1. Noridge IL, nice setup, good grass lot for the kiddies, yoyo, predator, fireball, century wheel, tilt, zipper, mgr, bear a fair, slide, train, dragon wagon, raiders, ballons, peter paul, mini enterprise, tea cups.

Spot #7 was spectacular midways in Hammond IN, setting up for next weeks "festival of the lakes". Speedway, fabri drop tower, hampton, music fest all going up saturday morning.

Spot #8 was Modern Midways in portage IN. A very good line up. Century wheel, mardi gras, scooter, arm touchdown, viper, exployer, hapmton, f80's, musical charis, speedway, moonwalk, slide, peter paul, tea cups. A circus and boxing kangroo sideshow was booked in. Eddie briggs, frankie briggs, tommy bryant, and duke trombetti all with games and food. Spot was perfect with the carniva/ circus combo.

Got home to realize I missed WCA unit 2 by 5 miles in the city, and missed rick haney set up in homewood IL.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
Sunday, July 13, 2008 8:33:08 PM
article with pictures of modern midways in portage.

http://www.thetimesonline.com/a...99e5862574850081b0da.txt 
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Predatorocks
Monday, July 14, 2008 4:14:16 AM
Where was Wilson Family Shows at?
Rockowheel
Monday, July 14, 2008 1:50:52 PM
Saw Modern Midways at the Italian feast in Melrose; I was especially impressed with that Spider paint job, in fact everything there looked nice. My big question, does Modern ever have all it's units in one spot ever? With all they have would be awesome to see it all in one location.
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
Monday, July 14, 2008 7:16:12 PM
never all at one. Sometimes they will only play one spot but not everything will go up. The thunderbolt, both yoyo's and tilt did not make it up this last weekend along with some kiddies, not enough room at either spot

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Rockowheel

Saw Modern Midways at the Italian feast in Melrose; I was especially impressed with that Spider paint job, in fact everything there looked nice. My big question, does Modern ever have all it's units in one spot ever? With all they have would be awesome to see it all in one location.

www.modernmidways.com 
Bowler Roller
Monday, July 14, 2008 7:34:51 PM
Where, in Portage, are they set up? When does Porter County (Valpo) start?
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
Monday, July 14, 2008 7:45:25 PM
portage was last week. They are in hobart IN downtown this week. Porter starts thurday
www.modernmidways.com 
Bowler Roller
Monday, July 14, 2008 8:00:36 PM
Is NAME playing Porter, again?

ketchem isn't Mike Ketchum, is it?
2ndgencarnie
Tuesday, July 15, 2008 5:05:01 AM
I guess that it's time for my yearly question....who played Whiting In. this year? That was my all time favorite spot.
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
Tuesday, July 15, 2008 8:03:27 PM
long story behind it, short answer is , no one!! Whiting didn't go for the 4th

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

I guess that it's time for my yearly question....who played Whiting In. this year? That was my all time favorite spot.

www.modernmidways.com 
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
Tuesday, July 15, 2008 8:03:49 PM
yes to both questions

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bowler Roller

Is NAME playing Porter, again?

ketchem isn't Mike Ketchum, is it?

www.modernmidways.com 
Bowler Roller
Tuesday, July 15, 2008 8:20:44 PM
Wow, I haven't seen Mike in years, since Matt Armstrong Shows. Hope he is doing well. I used to work for his ex wife.
2ndgencarnie
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 4:54:16 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

long story behind it, short answer is , no one!! Whiting didn't go for the 4th

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

What...thats is horrible.