carnivalgirl
Sunday, June 15, 2008 7:33:48 PM
our lead wire was stolen off about 10 of our rides this weekend and then about about 5 rides of someone that was parking equipment at our quarters. i hate a thief. filed police report but they stated probably already at scrap yard. illinois has that law now must show id when scrapping. (i wonder if they really do that. do they requlate them like we are requlated)
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Sunday, June 15, 2008 7:58:27 PM
where were you guys at???

2 spots in the same weekend kinda sounds like a inside job
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
FParker185
Monday, June 16, 2008 1:35:47 PM
I'm an electrician and I run scrap wire to the scrap yard all the time, as recently as 2 weeks ago, never once been asked for ID.
john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, June 16, 2008 1:45:04 PM
i would like to catch one those crackheads stealing wire. i losts 3 leads this winter to the crackheads.
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
cny_chris
Monday, June 16, 2008 5:57:47 PM
A couple local 'geniuses' were caught stealing phone cables right off the poles for the copper. Sadly, the dumb ones are the ones that get caught, unless they can't tell the phone wires from the electric wires. Then they get caught, and are rewarded with a pine box for their troubles.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal....20080616/NEWS05/80616044 

Men accused of stealing Verizon cables
June 16, 2008

FISHKILL — Two men are due back in town court Wednesday on felony charges, after a Town of Fishkill Police lieutenant saw them trying to steal Verizon cables from numerous telephone polls, police said.

More than $10,000 worth of damage was done, police said.

Fishkill town police arrested Pine Bush resident Michael J. Hasher, 27, and Middletown resident Edwards Sheskier, 29.

They were charged with felony third-degree attempted grand larceny, felony second-degree criminal mischief and misdemeanor possession of burglary tools.

They were both sent to Dutchess County Jail on $5,000 bail or $10,000 bond.

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
kmm
  •  kmm
  • 50.06% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Monday, June 16, 2008 6:03:10 PM
I can believe that idiots would do that crap too. Especially a crackhead. They love to take from there family n friends no matter the extent they have to go.
WestCoastPat
Monday, June 16, 2008 6:28:54 PM
I had a friend that owned a small electrical contracting company and he always recycled copper. He had a small stripper in the shop and any and all scrap got stripped and cut up before he took it in.

The question I have is the quantity of scrap the lead wires would produce and if that should not be a tipoff, if the scrap dealer was looking for one.

"FParker185-I'm an electrician and I run scrap wire to the scrap yard all the time, as recently as 2 weeks ago, never once been asked for ID." Is what you would normally take in to a dealer anything similar to what is being stolen?
WestCoastPat-Proud Mark of all things Carnival. STILL a "FAN BOY"-and proud of it.
carnivalgirl
Monday, June 16, 2008 6:49:36 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

where were you guys at???

2 spots in the same weekend kinda sounds like a inside job

we usually run two units but this past weekend we only had one. that is why the rest of our equipment was at our lot. we are second quessing everyone in our minds. but at this point....just giving us more of a headache on top of the one we already have. hit all scrap yards around but noone saw nothing or took anything in.
Skywheelrider
Monday, June 16, 2008 8:28:56 PM
A shame, this is getting to be the norm. Saw an article online today that theft of cemetery vases is up....yep, cemetery vases! For the copper content. Sheesh....

Diesel fuel theft is rampant as well. Farmers are getting hit, they get a load every week into a big tank, and folks drive right up at night, get the locks off, and fill their own tanks, farmers are putting up hidden cameras to catch the theives. One guy in a video clip on the news last week could not get the lock off of a tank, so this winner got out his trusty blowtorch to cut it off....you can guess what happened from there....(they could did not show the whole clip, too graphic).

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
violater_1968
Tuesday, June 17, 2008 7:37:10 AM
Has anyone gone to extreme as haveing someone that watches the equiptment at night at spots?

Also I have been taking scrap off in Tullahoma Tn and for the first time had to give my thumb print.
BSA Mike
Tuesday, June 17, 2008 7:42:50 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by violater_1968

Has anyone gone to extreme as haveing someone that watches the equiptment at night at spots?

Also I have been taking scrap off in Tullahoma Tn and for the first time had to give my thumb print.

We have a security guard at most of our lots overnight, if the stuff is just sitting there we do as well and we have a watchman at our yard as well..
uncle_buck
Tuesday, June 17, 2008 12:38:43 PM
Atleast I obol didn't blame this one on me.
They'll miss us when we're gone!
carnivalgirl
Wednesday, June 18, 2008 3:31:19 PM
just an update, if you can call it that...lead wire not found yet..person that was parking equipment at our quarters is suspected. looked in the archives on mcw (wish i would have done this before) he's been accused of this before. live and learn.
alibiguyny
Wednesday, June 18, 2008 3:57:59 PM
i would bet anything i have that...that lowlife pill poppin wife beating piece of s*** did it. karma will catch up to him....
i dont smell em i just tell em......
Greg
  •  Greg
  • 55.58% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, June 20, 2008 7:05:04 AM
I am so sorry to hear that....I hope your suspicions were wrong.
My albums are all on Facebook!