Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, May 20, 2008 7:59:24 AM
Anyone know who all is going into coney island in NY?? I think geren is taking stuff in, someone said that reithofrer is going in, anyone know who else??
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, May 20, 2008 1:55:06 PM
story from yesterday's ITPS newsletter:
http://www.nydailynews.c...r_joe_sitt_plans_to.html 
Rumor is Geren's after Reithoffer but I haven't seen that in writing. If Geren goes there for the summer, do they have enough rides to cover their better fairs in the south?
BSA Mike
Tuesday, May 20, 2008 3:48:09 PM
if geren gets it and they bring the Spin Out it will be back where it spent a summer in 2002
razduck
Tuesday, May 20, 2008 3:57:21 PM
I like Glenn.
I would like to see him hit a lick.
We had our hankies over there last fall and we were treated very good.
shopdude
Tuesday, May 20, 2008 6:35:58 PM
we r both in here reithoffer an gerens we open thur. ,rain all day today setting up
R.J.
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, May 20, 2008 8:22:44 PM
what did every one bring in???
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
BeauceCarnavalMan
Wednesday, May 21, 2008 5:31:42 AM
Im going with a Friend to NYC from July 11-14 with a stop at coney island cant wait to go
BeauceCarnavalMan
FNO Sean
  •  FNO Sean
  • 57.68% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, May 21, 2008 2:33:45 PM
Well who ever went in there got a new storm from wisdom the other day and the whole ride collapsed because the outriggers bent. I think nodbody was on it when it happened. Was only a test run.
shopdude
Thursday, May 22, 2008 2:54:02 PM
the storm is reithoffers an we had it last year, while they were setting up the middle support callapsed, no one got hurt we open tonite ,
R.J.
shopdude
Thursday, May 22, 2008 2:57:50 PM
reithoffer has its indy 500, storm,power surge,tide wave,wheel ,bumper cars,starship,avalanche,crazy bus,drive inn,tug boat,bees,fun house,tilt.
R.J.
Tornado
Friday, May 23, 2008 8:22:22 AM
Shopedude thanks.
Is the Orange Unit or the other half of the Blue Unit playing anywhere around the NY (NY city) or NJ area?

Where is Jeff and the Mouse this week?

Great to see the Indy 500 (Flitzer) made it back its original home. Its my understanding that Mr. Reithoffer purchased the Flitzer from someone who had it setup on Coney Island many years ago.... One of the nicest small compact coasters I've ever seen!

Did they put the Racing coaster back up in Ocean City Maryland this year? If so what else is there along with it?

Thanks
boltz
Friday, May 23, 2008 10:08:25 AM
The Blue unit is in Brooklyn NY Until the 31st. Jeff and the Wild Mouse are also there. I also agree about the Flitzer coming home to Coney Island. It was funny to listen to Stefan tell stories about when he and the ride came to Coney Island in 1974.

The Orange unit is playing 2 differant spots in the Md.,Va. area for a few more weeks.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Tornado

Shopedude thanks.
Is the Orange Unit or the other half of the Blue Unit playing anywhere around the NY (NY city) or NJ area?

Where is Jeff and the Mouse this week?

Great to see the Indy 500 (Flitzer) made it back its original home. Its my understanding that Mr. Reithoffer purchased the Flitzer from someone who had it setup on Coney Island many years ago.... One of the nicest small compact coasters I've ever seen!

Did they put the Racing coaster back up in Ocean City Maryland this year? If so what else is there along with it?

Thanks

Stop complaining...Nobody cares anyway!!
coney girl
Friday, May 23, 2008 2:39:35 PM

Hello everyone,
If you’re with the carnival in Coney, or visiting later this summer, please stop by the Coney Island History Project’s public exhibition center under the Cyclone roller coaster on Surf Ave near 10th St. Our opening day of the season is tomorrow. Free concert by "The Mermaids" from 2-4pm!

We’re open on weekends only from 1-6pm. Admission is free!—We display vintage photos, films, and artifacts, including a Steeplechase horse from the legendary racing ride that gave Steeplechase Park (1897-1964) its name. My favorite object is an antique Mangels Kiddie Whip car with its original paint. Later this summer we’re having an entire exhibit on ride manufacturer William Mangels whose factory was just down the street.

Visitors are invited to record their Coney Island memories using our interactive photo booth. If you worked at Coney in the past and have a story to share, please let us know. We also do phone interviews if you can’t get here. Selected interviews are posted on our website: www.coneyislandhistory.org 

Yesterday I joined a SAVE CONEY ISLAND demo on the Boardwalk. Some of the banners read: High Rises are not Thrill rides…Just say NO to Condos! …Carnival Stalls, Not Mega Malls! BUILD RIDES. NYC’s history is worth more than a chain store…America’s first amusement park deserves BIG RIDES! And the popular favorite….Strippers not Strip Malls!

Perhaps you see a theme here. We were protesting the city’s plan to shrink the area currently zoned for amusements and allow a developer to build high rise hotel/condos, etc and generic retail stores. You maybe interested in the article, it also mentions Reithoffer’s rides in Coney and has a link to Save Coney Island.
http://blogs.villagevoic...8/05/save_coney_prot.php 

Hope to see you this summer! The city’s lengthy rezoning process and the controversial redevelopment plans for Coney Island make our work more significant and necessary than ever!

btw can someone tell me who brought the Flitzer coaster to Coney in 1974 and how long it was there?

Coney Girl

Amusing the Zillion
A former carny kid casts an insider’s eye on the amusement business, Coney Island, and fun places in between
http://amusingthezillion.com/ 
http://twitter.com/AmusingZillion 
boltz
Friday, May 23, 2008 5:24:17 PM
If You get time just go over to the Flitzer ( Indy 500) and ask for Stefan. He can tell you the entire history of the ride and how it came to be.
Stop complaining...Nobody cares anyway!!
coney girl
Friday, May 23, 2008 7:31:13 PM
thanks! I will go over and checkout the coaster and other rides this weekend. we close the history booth at 6 or 7pm, so I have plenty of time.
Amusing the Zillion
A former carny kid casts an insider’s eye on the amusement business, Coney Island, and fun places in between
http://amusingthezillion.com/ 
http://twitter.com/AmusingZillion