britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, April 28, 2008 6:05:35 AM
Carson and Barnes circus is scheduled to play several dates thru the carolinas during may. they are coming to us on May 13. 1st time on our grounds. looking forward to seeing the largest traveling tent circus. cole bros/beatty came thru at one time but stopped several years ago. route at www.carsonbarnescircus.com 
Jackpotter
Monday, April 28, 2008 8:00:36 AM
I wish they'd do a swing through KY...it's been a few years since they've been through here...
deltafair
Monday, April 28, 2008 8:42:09 AM
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, April 28, 2008 9:35:59 AM
Last time i saw them was in Bullhead City, Az., and spend a morning watching them work the elephants during setting up the tent. Fasinating ! Well worth watching. The show itself was everything you look forward to seeing in a circus. Dont miss an opportunity to see this circus.
circusguy
Monday, April 28, 2008 12:25:10 PM
They are in Florida at the present time. 4-28, Lake City, 4-29, Ocala, 4-30 Springhill, 5-1, Daytona, 5-2 Geen Cove Springs, 5-3 Callahan.
There will be plenty of circus fans visiting in Springhill, including myself.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, April 28, 2008 1:33:40 PM
They played our area many years ago. Very nice circus
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, April 28, 2008 1:49:27 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Jagger

They played our area many years ago. Very nice circus

Oh good coming to Rock Hill SC ill be there!
Larry Smith
Monday, April 28, 2008 3:00:42 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by circusguy

They are in Florida at the present time. 4-28, Lake City, 4-29, Ocala, 4-30 Springhill, 5-1, Daytona, 5-2 Geen Cove Springs, 5-3 Callahan.
There will be plenty of circus fans visiting in Springhill, including myself.

They just pulled out from Tallahassee,FL this past weekend at the North Florida Fairgrounds.....
circusguy
Thursday, May 1, 2008 4:03:36 AM
They played the Hernando County Fairgrounds, in Brooksville, yesterday, for the Springhill Kiwanis Club. I caught the first show, which was nearly full and they had a full house, for the evening. Excellent show, and a well rounded performance.
They play Daytona today, followed by three more days in Florida, then into Ga., followed by S.C., N.C. Va. and Maryland.
If they get close to your area, it would be well worth your time, to pay them a visit.
By the way, after going as far north as, New York State, they head west and are in the San Fransico area in Oct. hat
Jackpotter
Thursday, May 1, 2008 4:27:41 AM
Darn. Looks like they are bypassing the Bluegrass state yet another season. Oh well, maybe next year.
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, May 1, 2008 4:37:32 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Jackpotter

Darn. Looks like they are bypassing the Bluegrass state yet another season. Oh well, maybe next year.

I caught a quick look at a circus poster in Somerset, but didnt see the show name. Ill be over there all weekend, ill let you know who and where. Usually, Circus Pages are in this area every spring.
edwardconnolly
Thursday, May 1, 2008 1:24:56 PM
Circus Pages has already been through Mid and Northern Indiana. I think they work their way into Michigan very soon.

Carson and Barnes is a Top Notch Show, and the best sights are those related to the set-up. They still use elephants to set the side and top poles, the children love it!

I'm impressed with the way Geary Byrd has streamlined their footprint without losing any of the real feel of a large circus. There is nothing like being on the lot and watching all the activity.
They have really changed their route and are showing in places they have not visited for a long time. A lot of new territory too.

See ya down tha road!

E. S. Connolly
Circusnut2
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, May 1, 2008 3:13:08 PM
C&B Circus will be in Rochester, NY in June.
jimb
  •  jimb
  • 52.34% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Thursday, May 1, 2008 3:43:11 PM
They will be in Springfield, Ohio, May 30
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, May 2, 2008 1:51:46 AM
They cover alot of ground over the season!