Matt C.
  •  Matt C.
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Lot Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, April 2, 2008 12:28:31 PM
MCW Would like to welcome our newest advertiser, the Peeler Group. The Peeler Group specializes in background screening, nationwide sex offender searches, nationwide driver history, and more... all available 24/7! Check out their banner ad on the forum, or, their web site: www.carnivalbackgroundchecks.com 
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, April 2, 2008 4:27:40 PM
Would thier background checks be ok in Illinois so the help can work Or do those need to be done by the Local or State Police?

There are hundreds of companys that do the same thing online....

Maybe we can get R-key to make some phoney background reports to go with the Licences....[;)]
carnivalgirl
Wednesday, April 2, 2008 5:15:56 PM
in the state of illinois you must perform the background checks thru the illinois state police. (no outside sources allowed). you may use the local police for green help but still perform the check come monday morning thru illinois state police. you can do these searches electronically or by mail. you also must perform a sexual register search print the page after the search even if it comes up no names matched, to show you performed the search and also have a drug testing policy in place.
alibiguyny
Wednesday, April 2, 2008 8:16:32 PM
Quote:

quote:

Maybe we can get R-key to make some phoney background reports to go with the Licences....

r-key is long dead my friend. my drivers licenses from oregon expired 4 years ago but i have kept it. i also had a south carolina one from him. his real name was not like r-key like you think it was arky cause he was from arkansa.....one of the legends long gone.....
i dont smell em i just tell em......
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, April 2, 2008 11:26:51 PM
Interesting info there on the update. You could keep that info right on a flash drive on a keychain for easy access.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by carnivalgirl

in the state of illinois you must perform the background checks thru the illinois state police. (no outside sources allowed). you may use the local police for green help but still perform the check come monday morning thru illinois state police. you can do these searches electronically or by mail. you also must perform a sexual register search print the page after the search even if it comes up no names matched, to show you performed the search and also have a drug testing policy in place.

UserPostedImage
BPeeler
Thursday, April 3, 2008 6:53:17 AM
Matt: thank you for the welcome.

I will try to answer your questions. In short, yes we can perform the criminal checks you require through the Illinois State Police. You will have two choices; fingerprint submission or by name, or as the statue refers to it, alpha search.

In addition we can search the Illinois sex offender database for you along with a nationwide check.

As the state will tell you, fingerprinting is the best practice for verifying the subject identification. If anyone is wishing to have fingerprint submissions completed we may arrange for on site staffing to obtain proper fingerprints. Just know that you need to schedule this now to avoid delays.

In addition to all of this you will need to have a drug policy in place and provide drug testing. We have over 10,000 labs available nationwide for both non-DOT and DOT drug testing. In addition we may assist with establishing a company drug testing program in which you can test and record results yourself.

What has been said is true; there are hundreds of companies offering background checks. What they do not all offer is 100% compliance with federal law; such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act. In addition we know the business; I have been in and around the business since the age of twelve. We will work with you to comply with all state laws that you are required to meet and federal laws. Once more, do not allow local townships or governments push you in to violating federal laws. You will find many of these people are not familiar with what the FEDS want, and like it or not Federal law supersedes state and local laws. The bottom line is do not get jammed up doing what you think is right and get caught violating laws you are not familiar with.

How we are able to do what we do. We do not only access databases that are found on the internet, we also have our own database created from previously checked individuals. We have access to 100’s of government systems, such as department of motor vehicles, and we also have well over 3,000 field investigators/researchers that check thousands of more courts and law enforcement agencies in over 150 counties.

The penalties for not performing the criminal checks in Illinois are as follows:

PENALTIES FOR VIOLATIONS

430 ILCS 85 Section 2-20

Any owner/operator who violates the prohibitions on hiring, or fails to conduct the required criminal background checks, shall be assessed civil penalties up to $1,000 for a first offense; $5,000 for a second offense; and $15,000 for a third/subsequent offense.

Collection of penalties shall be enforced by the Illinois Attorney General.

Like the requirements various states are coming up with or not, they are going to create them. I can tell you that we work everyday to stay on top of the laws as they are created. We provided a class in Gib Town during the trade show and will be providing further educational presentations at a number of other association meetings and trade shows. If you would like to have us speak to any group that you are involved with drop me a line.

We are here to help. If you need me to come out and work with you I am available. I will work to set up a program that makes sense, both common and monetary, and that complies with your particular requirements in your route.

We are starting to place information on line regarding laws that are coming up for background checks on carnival workers. You may find a link to this at: www.carnivalbackgroundchecks.com  we have Illinois up and just part of Mass.

Take care,
Bill
The Peeler Group
32 West Main Street
PO Box 688
Fonda, NY 12068
www.carnivalbackgroundchecks.com 
petekoloz
Thursday, April 3, 2008 8:32:06 AM
What is that sound?
Is that...?
It is!
Boys,I hear the Fat Lady singing.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, April 3, 2008 11:06:06 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by alibiguyny

Quote:

quote:

Maybe we can get R-key to make some phoney background reports to go with the Licences....

r-key is long dead my friend. my drivers licenses from oregon expired 4 years ago but i have kept it. i also had a south carolina one from him. his real name was not like r-key like you think it was arky cause he was from arkansa.....one of the legends long gone.....

I knew he was dead....I just said that in his honor to the quaility to his work[;)]
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, April 3, 2008 12:59:17 PM
Can anyone point us to online checks for our respective states.
UserPostedImage
BPeeler
Thursday, April 3, 2008 3:23:33 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Can anyone point us to online checks for our respective states.

http://www.carnivalbackg...hecks.com/mcthankyou.htm 

Bill
The Peeler Group
32 West Main Street
PO Box 688
Fonda, NY 12068
www.carnivalbackgroundchecks.com 
crny1234
  •  crny1234
  • 50.96% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, April 5, 2008 4:01:01 PM
thanks bill, we'll get ahold of you soon...have some more ?'s.. again thanx..
"NOW MICHAEL," said the teacher to the agressive youngster," what do you think your classmates would think of you if you were always kind and polite?"
" they'd think they could beat me up!...

" GO YANKEES "
Geneo55
Saturday, April 5, 2008 6:34:36 PM

I DIDN'T DO IT!

OK, we were young, it was her idea, I didn't know what playing doctor meant. I didn't know humans don't have gizzards.