rainman571
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 9:31:06 AM
Southgate Shopping Center
Drew Expositions
Augusta, GA

http://www.usfairphotos....id=29&g2_itemId=3232 

Drew was looking good as usual. The Mega Drop looks great.

I also stopped by their WQ on the way back out of town. They have the Wildcat Coaster set up. They were also working on the Tilt, Sizzler and Slide.

Enjoy!

Raymond
rainman571
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 1:59:51 PM
I went up Sunday. It was a little breezy but not too bad. I also ate at Famous Dave's BBQ in Martinez. They have the best catfish fingers. :)

Raymond
rainman571
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 5:22:56 PM
Its been pretty bad weather around here the last week or so. Saturday night a tornado hit one of the local power plants. They are saying it will be offline 6 or more months and had $15-20 million in damage. A dozen or so homes were damaged or destroyed. Luckily no one was hurt.

Speaking of high winds, does anyone know the static wind load of some of the tower rides like a Mega Drop? There aren't any guy wires and the base isn't really that big compared to the height.

Raymond
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, March 20, 2008 12:54:36 AM
Great pictures! Drew has a very nice show!
transplant2
Thursday, March 20, 2008 4:59:12 AM
Grear pics. Food Factory Wasn't there?
I Don't deserve to be here
mtnvly
Thursday, March 20, 2008 3:29:50 PM
rainman571
Thursday, March 20, 2008 4:11:05 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Tre in GA

Rainman,
I wondered the same thing about that Mega Drop too, and what do they do about lightning? I dont know if you noticed but that tower is pretty much the tallest thing around for a mile or too in that area.
tre

I think lightning would be covered by grounding rods.

I'm surprised that they haven't re-themed the Mega Drop yet. Something like "Pile Driver"

Raymond
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, March 20, 2008 4:26:45 PM
What ever happened to that Enterprise Drew was working on?
transplant2
Thursday, March 20, 2008 6:39:11 PM
They retheme a ride to attract more riders. Just like the Zipper to Chainsaw or Cyclops-Freakout-Fireball or Thunder Bolt -Alpine Bobs-Flying Bobs or Ion-Predator-Typhoon-Orbitor
Matt C.
Saturday, March 22, 2008 12:24:24 PM
TOPIC CLEANED UP!

Out of all the show owners out there, the Drews are probaly the most patriotic of them all. They are honest, hard working, good people who dedicate a lot of time to their business and our industry. I dont think its fair for ANYONE to call them communists or anti-americans.

I think if they saw some of the posts that were removed from this topic they would be very dissapointed, especially since they give so much to their employees, and, this industry.

Please, give it a rest and get back on topic...

UserPostedImage
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
transplant2
Saturday, March 22, 2008 2:48:08 PM
Thanks Matt
mtnvly
Saturday, March 22, 2008 4:30:02 PM
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, March 22, 2008 6:08:48 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

TOPIC CLEANED UP!

Out of all the show owners out there, the Drews are probaly the most patriotic of them all. They are honest, hard working, good people who dedicate a lot of time to their business and our industry. I dont think its fair for ANYONE to call them communists or anti-americans.

I think if they saw some of the posts that were removed from this topic they would be very dissapointed, especially since they give so much to their employees, and, this industry.

UserPostedImage
What No American Flag to Top it off??? Just asking....lol

Disappointed? Should be Ashamed displaying that Ruskie crap....But, Atleast there is a sense of balance between Good ( USA )and Evil (USSR)there....My point was the Midway is no place for symbols of Political Groups that killed over 100 Million People...Of course it gets Censored just like it would in Mother Russia...I understand you got to take care of your Clients best intrest...Maybe the right person besides me has'nt seen that yet so they been lucky there has'nt been a Beef.....Maybe if they get some of that H2B Visa help from Romaina, Poland, any of the Slovickas or any other former Easter Block Country they might have a problem....Hope not, but the potental is there God Bless America

Like I said I had the Utmost Respect for them until I saw that....
Ryan Russell
Saturday, March 22, 2008 7:14:02 PM
Whatever...
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:

TOPIC CLEANED UP!

UserPostedImage

Disappointed? Should be Ashamed displaying that Ruskie crap....But, Atleast there is a sense of balance between Good ( USA )and Evil (USSR)there....My point was the Midway is no place for symbols of Political Groups that killed over 100 Million People...Of course it gets Censored just like it would in Mother Russia...I understand you got to take care of your Clients best intrest...Maybe the right person besides me has'nt seen that yet so they been lucky there has'nt been a Beef.....Maybe if they get some of that H2B Visa help from Romaina, Poland, any of the Slovickas or any other former Easter Block Country they might have a problem....Hope not, but the potental is there God Bless America

with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, March 22, 2008 7:21:00 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan Russell

Whatever...
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:

TOPIC CLEANED UP!

UserPostedImage

One word....That's what I would expect from you after seeing your other replies on this topic....You ever have a ORGINAL THOUGHT or take a Stand against Something? I doubt it.

If you Love that Ride So Much why don't ya make a Model of It.....Comrade.