with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:54:25 AM
http://www.flurl.com/ite...ple_Count_Cash__u_309858 

Intresting Video with Fake Money....I hate the way he does the American Style at the end of the Video...When I count the last bill counted goes on top of the stack and not the bottom like he does in the Video.....

I hate when the Gas Station Clerk takes forever to count the $200 in Singles I just gave them for Gas.....Anyone else hate when that happens????
2ndgencarnie
Thursday, February 21, 2008 9:06:41 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Intresting Video with Fake Money....I hate the way he does the American Style at the end of the Video...When I count the last bill counted goes on top of the stack and not the bottom like he does in the Video.....

I hate when the Gas Station Clerk takes forever to count the $200 in Singles I just gave them for Gas.....Anyone else hate when that happens????

I find it to be quite hysterical...
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
Thursday, February 21, 2008 9:13:38 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

Quote:

quote:

I find it to be quite hysterical...

I'm gonna practice that second way where he counts it on the inside....
ratwheel
Thursday, February 21, 2008 10:55:40 AM
Quote:

quote:

I once had a boss who solved this problem by asking the attendant would you prefer I paid in hard then you would have a reason to take so long counting. And he usually had a bag of hard with him and would start pulling out a handful while he said it.
jackpot59102
Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:04:17 AM

I like it when they just take the stack of ones I gave them & put them in the register without even counting them !! Or they look at the stack and say "How much is here" & then put them in the register!
domor
  •  domor
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help
Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:35:09 AM
I agree with the frustration of people who can not quickly and accurately count cash. However, you realize that unless you own a cash based business the average person in America does not handle any real quantity of cash and rarely carry cash in their pocket. Cash is a form of independence and banks and the government love when you put everything on credit cards and have your income direct deposited. That way they know as much about your personal spending habits as you do.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:38:35 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by jackpot59102

I like it when they just take the stack of ones I gave them & put them in the register without even counting them !! Or they look at the stack and say "How much is here" & then put them in the register!

I like that too...Especially when they are wrapped in bundles of 50 and held together with a piece of a Balloon as a rubber band....
kiddie ride red
Thursday, February 21, 2008 4:11:11 PM
My wife gets upset and calls me a dumb motherf@#$%r if I don't use a credit card and get a receipt. For some real fun buy something at Kohls or Pennys or Macys and pay for it with cash. Most clerks don't have a clue and must call for a supervisor who actually remembers cash money and what its used for.[8)].
usrideguy
Thursday, February 21, 2008 4:16:38 PM
I like it when the total is $156.28 and you give them $200.03. It takes them forever to figure out how much to give you back.
Tuffy
  •  Tuffy
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help
Thursday, February 21, 2008 4:33:10 PM
My daughters,neices and nephew have always handled money and can make change faster in their heads than most adults. It amazes some customers, but what amazes me is that they<THE CUSTOMERS> cant do it.
The more things change, The more they stay the same.
BSA Mike
Thursday, February 21, 2008 5:04:40 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by usrideguy

I like it when the total is $156.28 and you give them $200.03. It takes them forever to figure out how much to give you back.

oh yea thats a good one, but now the machine tells the idiots how much to give back anyway

i get p***ed when something rings out @ $2.22 and i give em 2 and a quarter and they just close the register instead of giving me my 3 cents lol
Skywheelrider
Friday, February 22, 2008 2:58:01 PM
Posted this in an off-topic thread, but it seems to fit here, too, regarding cash today.

I was in a local store Tuesday afternoon waiting behind two women at the register, and the woman at the counter started arguing with the cashier about her change. Her bill had come to $2.36, and she gave the cashier a $5 bill. So her change should have been $2.64 right? Very simple. Ohhhh no, she argues, in her math she should have gotten $2.77 change back. Well, the cashier says no, $2.64 is right, the woman says get your "calcutor" (yes that is how she said it) and add it up(add?? thought they were subtracting from $5....anyways). The cashier has no calculator, so she starts to write it out on the receipt, and the woman throws a fit and says get the "calcutor." The woman right in front of me tells the cashier "you can use a cell phone, it has a calculator on it."

Of course this is getting more and more ridiculous by the minute. I am thinking all this over a lousy 13¢? The cashier says she does not have her cell phone with her, she is not allowed to have it at the register. Then she says to the woman (who said use the cell phone) "but you could do it for me!" The woman mumbles an expletive and tells her daughter, "put this in--$5.00, minus, $2.36." The cashier says "Should be $2.64 right?" Woman says "yes it is." Woman at the counter says "well I don't know where y'all went to school but I took math and I get $2.77 for my change." I almost had to leave to keep from laughing at her out loud, but I managed to keep it in. But really, I guess I felt sorry for her more than anything. She took the $2.64 angrily and left.

Oh, and to top it all off, as I got back my change from the cashier (all coins), she asked me if I would like to donate my change to the "Fight Illiteracy Fund." (The box was on the counter.) Yeah, time to leave the store....

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
BSA Mike
Friday, February 22, 2008 3:37:22 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Posted this in an off-topic thread, but it seems to fit here, too, regarding cash today.

I was in a local store Tuesday afternoon waiting behind two women at the register, and the woman at the counter started arguing with the cashier about her change. Her bill had come to $2.36, and she gave the cashier a $5 bill. So her change should have been $2.64 right? Very simple. Ohhhh no, she argues, in her math she should have gotten $2.77 change back. Well, the cashier says no, $2.64 is right, the woman says get your "calcutor" (yes that is how she said it) and add it up(add?? thought they were subtracting from $5....anyways). The cashier has no calculator, so she starts to write it out on the receipt, and the woman throws a fit and says get the "calcutor." The woman right in front of me tells the cashier "you can use a cell phone, it has a calculator on it."

Of course this is getting more and more ridiculous by the minute. I am thinking all this over a lousy 13¢? The cashier says she does not have her cell phone with her, she is not allowed to have it at the register. Then she says to the woman (who said use the cell phone) "but you could do it for me!" The woman mumbles an expletive and tells her daughter, "put this in--$5.00, minus, $2.36." The cashier says "Should be $2.64 right?" Woman says "yes it is." Woman at the counter says "well I don't know where y'all went to school but I took math and I get $2.77 for my change." I almost had to leave to keep from laughing at her out loud, but I managed to keep it in. But really, I guess I felt sorry for her more than anything. She took the $2.64 angrily and left.

Oh, and to top it all off, as I got back my change from the cashier (all coins), she asked me if I would like to donate my change to the "Fight Illiteracy Fund." (The box was on the counter.) Yeah, time to leave the store....

I would have laughed right in her face and made her feel like more of a retard then she already is.. lol