Tenttop
  •  Tenttop
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help Topic Starter
Tuesday, January 29, 2008 11:44:59 AM
Do you remember the Hruebetz Meteor, Eyerly Fly-o-Plane, Herchell Looper, Searchlight Wagons, Jolly Caterpillar , Moonrocket, Herchell Caterpillar, and I can remember getting my butt chewed for popping the cables on an old Flying Scooter, but can't remember what company made it?
by Craig Z.
Ridee-O
Tuesday, January 29, 2008 12:48:15 PM
I sure do remember all those rides, the fly-o-plane was my favorite to ride and I used to own an 18 car caterpillar, a lot of fun to operate.
Flying scooter was built by Bisch-Rocco. Other versions were the Dipsy doodle made by a company in Fla., also the Aerial Joy Ride made by Spillman Engineering, a 6 car version by King, and probably a few others.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, January 29, 2008 2:03:20 PM
Like Ridee-O, I lived those days and it ain't the same today.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
the-novelty-man
Tuesday, January 29, 2008 2:17:46 PM
Butch Forcier has a flying Scooter Sitting in a trailer up
in St Cloud Minnesota and its in great condition it
was last ran 5 years ago it looked great then
The-Novelty-Man
kiddie ride red
Tuesday, January 29, 2008 4:03:21 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by flamo

Like Ridee-O, I lived those days and it ain't the same today.

Very true! Im lived those days myself. I think you will agree, however, that some things never change. When Iwas a young fool the caterpillar was my favorite ride also.As the operator I could feel the power of that unmuffled gasoline engine vibrating up through the wooden deck in response to my command of the g-string.I was truly and completely captivated by the roar of the engine and the smell of the crowd.It was also a great ride for shake and meeting those PBQs.[8)].
murraykook
Tuesday, January 29, 2008 5:19:55 PM
lets not forget the chairplain lol we was in rinebeck had seats going straight out
Flying Coaster
Thursday, January 31, 2008 5:09:53 AM
I've ridden a couple of Meteors, One on MBGS lot, the other was Hap-Hap-Happee Days lot, A Fly-O-Plane, also on MBGS' lot, as well as a Hershell Caterpillar on MBGS lot all waaaaaay back in the 70's. First rides for me though were Wall shows Flying Coaster, Octopus & G.M. Paratrooper. Lots of gas engines chugging on that grocery store lot.
All Skywheels should be yeller.
Ridee-O
Thursday, January 31, 2008 7:48:31 AM
[8D]I remember seeing Reithoffer in Rhinebeck when I was about 12 years old (long time ago!)They had a Ridee-O, Spinaroo, rollawhirl, a Bower's "putnick" kiddie ride. the Flying coaster was being set up as the show was already open. I also remember the Round-Up had mudsills like an octopus. Shoulda had a camera.
Geneo55
Thursday, January 31, 2008 8:28:07 AM
I remember when the wheel was carved out of a rock and the cook house served up roasted dinosaur. But Flamo is older than me.

Thank you for listening.