flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, January 23, 2008 10:18:16 AM
How will the current economic conditions effect the up coming season?

Where we are.....
Unemployment is rising..Will the do anything for the help situation.
Stocks are way down/interest rates are lowering. Does that effect buying of equipment?
Stimulis package.... Will that free up money to be spent on the midway?
Will people in an election year and a slow or no growth year go to the midway in years past just to get away from it all?
If congress curbs the gas tax, how much will it help us?

Points to ponder...I'm just glad I don't have to make major decisions.

I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, January 23, 2008 12:33:10 PM
Personally for me the market being down like this doesn't bother me at all. As long as your not getting ready to retire and/or pull your money out, this is a buying oppritunity. STOCKS ARE ON SALE![:)]
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, January 23, 2008 12:37:19 PM
If there any real carnies at West Palm who can type and know how to get online, we might get a real report instead of just pitchers.
Then we can guage what is really happening.

Right now, I don't expect much to happen with the economy, especially with the likes of Bush. All we get from jhim are body bags.
UserPostedImage
Bowler Roller
Wednesday, January 23, 2008 1:06:50 PM
And tax rebates, tax cuts, and other economic stimuli.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
obol
  •  obol
  • 51.3% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Wednesday, January 23, 2008 1:13:07 PM
don't worry, once Bill..i mean Hillary gets in...everything will be just fine....HAHAHAHA....LOLOLOLOLOLO[:D][:0]
Bowler Roller
Wednesday, January 23, 2008 1:23:47 PM
The last time they were president, they left us in a recession.
Bowler Roller
Wednesday, January 23, 2008 1:25:41 PM
Honestly though, the president, and Congress usually have very little to do with the economy. They can make it worse, but they can't do much to make it better.
Genaration 4
Wednesday, January 23, 2008 3:42:33 PM
Bad Economys good for this biss people stay home No trips to Sixflags, Cedarpiont. They tend to go to local events and the amercian public allways spends money when they go out. maybe not games but allways rides and food.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, January 23, 2008 4:14:51 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Personally for me the market being down like this doesn't bother me at all. As long as your not getting ready to retire and/or pull your money out, this is a buying oppritunity. STOCKS ARE ON SALE![:)]

I think whats messed up is the Stocks are at a Record High and if they drop a little everyoen is all doom and gloom....Hell just 2-3 years ago they were just over half of what they are all now....

All the gains are just on Paper...if the Stocks go down a few thousand points nothing is really lost....It's not like their investment is lost...Just some gains.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, January 23, 2008 11:43:04 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:

I think whats messed up is the Stocks are at a Record High and if they drop a little everyoen is all doom and gloom....Hell just 2-3 years ago they were just over half of what they are all now....

All the gains are just on Paper...if the Stocks go down a few thousand points nothing is really lost....It's not like their investment is lost...Just some gains.

You are absolutely right Glenn!!!
obol
  •  obol
  • 51.3% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Thursday, January 24, 2008 1:22:42 AM
2ndgencarnie
Thursday, January 24, 2008 6:01:14 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by obol

don't worry, once Bill..i mean Hillary gets in...everything will be just fine....HAHAHAHA....LOLOLOLOLOLO[:D][:0]

NON-SENSE...it must be stopped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Billary is a nightmare waiting to happen,,,,,[:(][:(][:(]
cny_chris
Thursday, January 24, 2008 6:18:06 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:

I have to agree with you on this one, Glenn. I've always been told that stocks are a long term investment, not a short term investment like all these dot-com investors tried to play it. Part of the way to ensure long term gains is to have a diverse portfolio. Used to be, the experts said that you needed $25,000 in the market to be diverse enough. Latest number I heard was $500,000. That's why mutual funds have become so popular. Invest wisely, and you will make something, down the road when you decide to cash out. All the spikes and drops in between are part of the process. It's like counting your chickens before they hatch.

With the dot-com bust, and now the mortgage/real estate bust, one has to wonder what the next big investment fad will be. There's plenty of folks out there looking for the next thing to pump up sky high, and then cash out their profits on it. Who's gonna be the next sucker?
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Trucker090
Thursday, January 24, 2008 6:41:52 AM
The government wants to give the working man or woman $300-$1200 rebate. Maybe it will put something back into the economy. It still has to pass. I wonder what happened to the $800 Bush was offering. I guess the politicians keeping that so they can have a raise.
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
2ndgencarnie
Thursday, January 24, 2008 7:48:10 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Trucker090

I wonder what happened to the $800 Bush was offering. I guess the politicians keeping that so they can have a raise.

DING DING DING...We have a winner.