Minnesota
The-Novelty-Man
randy
  •  randy
  • 50.8% (Neutral)
  • Operations
Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:57:11 AM
I have been told there is one less carnival playing minnesota
this year. Will know more on friday after going to the convention.
randy
  •  randy
  • 50.8% (Neutral)
  • Operations
Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:59:22 AM
randy
  •  randy
  • 50.8% (Neutral)
  • Operations
Monday, January 21, 2008 3:27:36 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by randy

randy
  •  randy
  • 50.8% (Neutral)
  • Operations
Monday, January 21, 2008 3:34:02 PM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

BACK from mn convention Premier Shows are out of business due to health. Roger Bros. Funland have cut back on dates . There are a few fairs without carnivals this year.
the-novelty-man
Tuesday, January 22, 2008 6:40:46 AM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

BACK from mn convention Premier Shows are out of business due to health. Roger Bros. Funland have cut back on dates . There are a few fairs without carnivals this year.
[/quote
There were 16 fairs without a carnival we could use another another show to cover them fairs Merriams Shows is in the process cutting back on dates with dale retiring and all
The-Novelty-Man
Jackpotter
Tuesday, January 22, 2008 10:34:11 AM
Are they all small spots or are some decent? Can understand a show going out of business due to an owner's health, but for two shows to have cut back would indicate they are dropping spots that aren't very profitable.

Sixteen fairs spaced over how many weeks? How many fairs are there all together in MN?
Mennayar
Tuesday, January 22, 2008 11:55:22 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Jackpotter

Are they all small spots or are some decent? Can understand a show going out of business due to an owner's health, but for two shows to have cut back would indicate they are dropping spots that aren't very profitable.

Sixteen fairs spaced over how many weeks? How many fairs are there all together in MN?

Their small spots, a 10 ride show would be ideal for whats open. Not many spots up here for a middle or larger show.
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, January 22, 2008 12:12:52 PM
Thats a shame. I know of a county fair in Michigan, that couldnt get a show so they called my mom, and she recomended getting a rental company to come in.
Jackpotter
Tuesday, January 22, 2008 2:02:37 PM
It's happened to a few fairs here in KY, but I think they all have found shows over the past four or five years. I have a feeling this is the beginning of a trend that we are going to start seeing. I don't know what the answer is...perhaps one option would be for county fairs that are small to look at merging together to create larger, regional fairs? I don't know if that'd work either because many boards feel "ownership" of their fair...