squirrel
Saturday, January 12, 2008 9:22:34 PM
Performed some LONG OVERDUE database maintenance around 2AM-CST/2008-01-13. Hopefully there will be a little performance boost now -- enjoy...
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, January 13, 2008 4:30:18 AM
Thanks, SS. Everything helps and it is appreciated on this end.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
squirrel
Sunday, January 13, 2008 10:06:17 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by flamo

Thanks, SS. Everything helps and it is appreciated on this end.

It's no problem man -- I just had a ton of spare time last night and dug around a little -- the database had an extensive amount of space that needed to be reclaimed. The db itself had become extremely fragmented, causing serious load lags and extreme load on the database drivers that run the forum. I'm hoping with the cleanup last night, that there will be a DRAMATIC increase in speed, especially when loading long topics, and when searching the system. I'm still trying to figure out what happened to like 3 years of the archives... Last time I was here, they dated back to around 2005 and now it seems they die in the spring of this year (this was before and after the cleanup - so I'm not sure...) I've got a copy of the old forum and archived forum tables here, and I'm going to see how far they go back. If the old stuff is there, I'll write a script to try and restore some of them back. I'm not sure if this going to be possible, but it's worth a shot...

I don't have much time at all to do anything here anymore -- with new stuff happening during the season, as well as the recent demise of my own website and trying to get that back online, I've lost what little spare time I have anymore (and really have no motivation to deal with any of it to be honest)...

Either way, enjoy! If anyone notices a difference, please post up and let me know... Thanks--
squirrel
Sunday, January 13, 2008 3:01:17 PM
Forum Search functions should also now be functioning properly again. Corruption of indexes and count files has been cleaned up as of 8:00PM-CST/2008-01-13...
Mr. Fixit
Sunday, January 13, 2008 3:44:02 PM
THANK YOU!!!
CAUTION, Administrator at work. This is a troll-free zone.

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." - Charles Darwin
squirrel
Sunday, January 13, 2008 3:47:00 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Fixit

THANK YOU!!!

No problem -- now if we could just get Matt to cleanup the damn banners so they display right in Mozilla/Firefox... Someday he might start developing for multiple browsers and get out of IE land...

(just playin man)... But seriously -- fix the banner... [}:)]

count it up0-99
Friday, July 24, 2009 8:31:06 AM
I'm kinda new here , don't do alot of posting but do spend alot of time just reading threw this site and I just had to let you know that I am very impressed with your work!! This site is really lucky to have someone that knows so much about computers and how they work*
It's cool to me how you talk about things that to me are so complex but you talk about them like it's no big deal what you do, I'm very impressed and just thought you deserved a "Job well done" in what you do[:D]
Tina