Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, January 7, 2008 1:02:35 PM
Lay's chips were 2 for $3. last yr. Now, 2 for $5. What happened?

Beer is up 10%. We are hit at the grocery store as is our potential clients.

Bleak.
UserPostedImage
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, January 7, 2008 1:30:02 PM
Wait till after the elections, more taxes on businesses, healthcare, taxes on everything else, no offshore drilling, no ANWAR............

It just ain't fair........
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
2ndgencarnie
Monday, January 7, 2008 3:05:04 PM
a 2 pack of Hostess Cupcakes were 75 cents a week ago and then last night i go into Speedway looking for dinner...$1.19...are you kidding me.
murraykook
Monday, January 7, 2008 3:15:41 PM
that not that bad spend some time out west
jimb
  •  jimb
  • 52.34% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Monday, January 7, 2008 3:34:50 PM
Tar have you checked the price of dairy products, also sugar went up .
ten cents a pound this summer, smaller cotton candy.
Benjibear
Monday, January 7, 2008 3:42:03 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by flamo

Wait till after the elections, more taxes on businesses, healthcare, taxes on everything else, no offshore drilling, no ANWAR............

Don't be so doom and gloom. Maybe the right people will get in this year to start fixing some of the problems with our country that have been ignored for too long. Ah, your probably right but I try to be optimistic.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, January 7, 2008 4:58:19 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Benjibear

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by flamo

Don't be so doom and gloom. Maybe the right people will get in this year to start fixing some of the problems with our country that have been ignored for too long. Ah, your probably right but I try to be optimistic.

Maybe I am ahead of the curve but the only one that has told the truth about Pakistan is Thompson. I am not a fan of his but when people say we will withhold funds to them if they don't do as we say, tell the president to resign, invade to stop Alqeda or get Osama doesn't know what is going on there. Sending a missle in there on 'good' intelligence is what got us in trouble in Iraq not to mention it was cause internal termoil.. Those nukes scare the hell out of me. The Radicals want to control the country to gain control of the nukes. There is a long fued with India where I believe the first of the nukes will go. Guess what India does with thier nukes?

If we Iraq prematurely Iran has a score to settle with Iraqis. Remember what Sadam did in the 80s? Question, if Russia is building Nuke plants and furnishing the fuel rods, why do they have to manufacture nuclear material and keep the inspectors out. Lest we forget North Korea. Where is the list of thier nuke program they promised? They won't attack but they will sell anything for money to anybody.

Who's willing to trust our national security to someone with no experience and doesn't understand the real world? I can't vote for someone who quotes 'I have a dream' with so many lives at stake. Dreams and hopes don't cut it nor does change for change sake. In this day and age you had better have the right answers. You can't wait for polls or take weeks to study and consult.
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, January 7, 2008 9:21:35 PM

Every price hike comes from one place. Fuel and gas costs. It costs so much more to get goods to market now so the cost is passed on to you. Here in Tampa today, I saw gas at $3.10. When I left for Texas just before Christmas, gas at that same 7-11 was $2.83. What do you think gas will be when shows head north in April? You can believe close to $4 a gal or more. By Memorial day, who knows how high it will get.

Here's the scary part. Not one canadate is talking about doing anything about energy prices.

This country, this season, is flucked.

And, don't get me started about those left wing kooks that want to run our country.
Sixcats have nine lives
Pizzagod
Tuesday, January 8, 2008 1:08:39 AM
Boys and girls-everything in the country moves by truck. Fuel is at record levels, you know that cost is going to be passed on.

I'm kicking carmel apples up to $4 this year and am considering boosting the Hot Beef Sundae up a buck also. I've been hanging at $3.50 a slice on pizza for two or three years now but $4 is starting to look like the way to go.

It used to cost me about eight or nine thousand a year in fuel, in 2007 I spent close to fourteen grand. Somebody has to make that up, and your benevolent Pizza God seems to be suffering a case of the shorts.

Cupcakes, potato chips....hell, even Wendy's Chili, still on the dollar menu is $1.19 at most places now. Yeah, only twenty cents-but that's a 20% increase.

What I cant figure out is why the rent at the independent spots has gone up. I mean I understand being on a show, the independent food that's booked on has been a source of revenue for a while, but what fuel costs does a static address have to absorb?
For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.
mtnvly
Tuesday, January 8, 2008 2:20:27 AM
Electricity, insurance, and labor, just to name a few.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, January 8, 2008 3:15:56 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pizzagod
[br

What I cant figure out is why the rent at the independent spots has gone up. I mean I understand being on a show, the independent food that's booked on has been a source of revenue for a while, but what fuel costs does a static address have to absorb?

Our costs to produce events have gone up also. increase in labor (minimum wage laws), insurance (our rates for liability and grounds coverage have increased also), acts, electricty, advertising and it goes on and on. costs are passed on down the line and ultimately the consumer pays for it. acts have increased their prices to go along with increased travel cost. it is a never ending cycle. when minimum wage went up everything is going up also. those who were making more than minimum wage also want raises. fuel prices are only one thing to consider in rising prices for goods and services.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, January 8, 2008 6:02:52 AM
A day or two ago some financial wizzard was on FOX and showed why stuff is so high. Oil is priced on the dollar. When the Euro was created you could buy one for about $.80, now that same Euro cost almost $1.50. Using the cost of $100 per barrel of oil, if we buy 2 barrels it will cost $200. If I have 200 Euros I can buy 300 dollars and get 3 barrels of oil. Energy not including taxes is cheaper by a third in Europe.

He went on to say that when we went off the gold standard and the government started to print money with no more than a promise to back it back the dollar which at that time was the currency that led the world. If we had remained on the gold standard, the dollar today would have inflated very little.

Both parties have screwed us. They have spent us into oblivion. We now have a currency built on a house of cards, ready to fall if we don't correct this problem. I don't know if we could ever get back to the gold standard but to gain back a strong dollar a few measures can be taken. These are very difficult and painful steps. First, cut government spending to where we have a 10% of our debt paid as part of the balanced budget. Two, our exports have to exceed our imports until our trade defict is paid and at that point we import no more than we export. Three, as individuals we need to get rid of the plastic credit and use prepaid debt cards. We need to save.

Back in the late 40s bread was $.12 a loaf, check the price today. A penny had value. Gas was around $.15 a gallon inclding taxes. When we allowed the government to print money on a promise with no accountability they certainly took advantage of hard working Americans. They created a welfare state and promised everybody anything just to get elected and line the pockets of them and thier friends. We need a major change in Washington, not more government spending such as universal health care which will only force us further in debt but someone who will cut governmental spending. We spend billions in earmarks which are no more than paying for votes and political contibutions. We need to close bases in Europe, Japan and other places with only enough forces left for our national security, not to support thier economies.

obol
  •  obol
  • 51.3% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Tuesday, January 8, 2008 8:37:56 AM
...such a simplistic view of world economics and politics....yeah..pull all of our troop out of the middle east..let the taliban have nukes.....
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, January 8, 2008 9:08:51 AM
If we save and don't spend, jobs will be lost.

Don't worry, china will own most of America and get things straightened out.
UserPostedImage
obol
  •  obol
  • 51.3% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Tuesday, January 8, 2008 9:11:31 AM
and japan owned most of america in the eighties..how did they do?