with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, January 1, 2008 10:48:29 AM
How come sometimes my pic in the sig appears normal and sometimes it appears smaller...I have'nt seen that happen with any other ones but mine....What am I doing wrong?
Mr. Fixit
Tuesday, January 1, 2008 12:08:04 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

How come sometimes my pic in the sig appears normal and sometimes it appears smaller...I have'nt seen that happen with any other ones but mine....What am I doing wrong?



The forum software resizes most of the pictures (and the posts) here to fit the width of your screen. Sometimes it hiccups, and sometimes there is a hesitation that occurs before the pictures resize, especially if there are a lot of them in that post.

The smaller version of your sig is how it should appear all the time. You're not doing anything wrong that's causing it to do what it's doing. [:D]
CAUTION, Administrator at work. This is a troll-free zone.

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." - Charles Darwin
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, January 1, 2008 1:06:29 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by Mr. Fixit

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

How come sometimes my pic in the sig appears normal and sometimes it appears smaller...I have'nt seen that happen with any other ones but mine....What am I doing wrong?



The forum software resizes most of the pictures (and the posts) here to fit the width of your screen. Sometimes it hiccups, and sometimes there is a hesitation that occurs before the pictures resize, especially if there are a lot of them in that post.

The smaller version of your sig is how it should appear all the time. You're not doing anything wrong that's causing it to do what it's doing. [:D]

So do I need to adjust the size so it's readable?
alibiguyny
Tuesday, January 1, 2008 2:41:31 PM
Quote:

quote:


appears normal and sometimes it appears smaller

the magic blue pill wore off......
i dont smell em i just tell em......
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, January 1, 2008 5:50:29 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by alibiguyny

Quote:

quote:


appears normal and sometimes it appears smaller

the magic blue pill wore off......

lol....
Mr. Fixit
Wednesday, January 2, 2008 6:48:05 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by Mr. Fixit

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

How come sometimes my pic in the sig appears normal and sometimes it appears smaller...I have'nt seen that happen with any other ones but mine....What am I doing wrong?



The forum software resizes most of the pictures (and the posts) here to fit the width of your screen. Sometimes it hiccups, and sometimes there is a hesitation that occurs before the pictures resize, especially if there are a lot of them in that post.

The smaller version of your sig is how it should appear all the time. You're not doing anything wrong that's causing it to do what it's doing. [:D]

So do I need to adjust the size so it's readable?



You can either resize it, or anyone who wants to see it larger can click on the banner, it will open up the original, larger version in the window.
CAUTION, Administrator at work. This is a troll-free zone.

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." - Charles Darwin
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, January 2, 2008 10:32:16 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by Mr. Fixit

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by Mr. Fixit

Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by with-it

How come sometimes my pic in the sig appears normal and sometimes it appears smaller...I have'nt seen that happen with any other ones but mine....What am I doing wrong?



The forum software resizes most of the pictures (and the posts) here to fit the width of your screen. Sometimes it hiccups, and sometimes there is a hesitation that occurs before the pictures resize, especially if there are a lot of them in that post.

The smaller version of your sig is how it should appear all the time. You're not doing anything wrong that's causing it to do what it's doing. [:D]

So do I need to adjust the size so it's readable?



You can either resize it, or anyone who wants to see it larger can click on the banner, it will open up the original, larger version in the window.

Like I said earlier...it depends on what way the wind is blowing on how I see it....
squirrel
Saturday, January 5, 2008 1:19:58 PM
Downsize the image with a graphics editor like Irfanview (free) (google-it to get it) and resave it. Then upload it and link to the new image. It will look better because browsers have crappy ways of downsizing images (which is the method the forum uses). IF you downsize it before hand, the quality will be much better and it won't do that 'whatever the wind wants' stuff anymore...

Converted for you (width now 400px)
UserPostedImage


The forum knocks down the image if the width is over 400 pixels wide. So if you don't want the distortion in there, downsize it on your end, then upload and link to it.

Users browsing this topic
  • OceanSpiders 2.0