KarnyKilowatt
Friday, December 28, 2007 2:50:19 PM
Someone broke into our generators and swiped about 4000 feet of cable with abbott connectors , we are in eastern PA , anybody hears anything about abbott connectors or cable let me know.
cny_chris
Friday, December 28, 2007 3:22:57 PM
I'd guess it's headed for a burn pile somewhere. Once the insulation's gone, I'd bet it will turn up at a scrapyard. Sorry to hear about this, it's tough enough to make a buck, and then have to deal with this.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
jackpot59102
Friday, December 28, 2007 4:29:16 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cny_chris

I'd guess it's headed for a burn pile somewhere. Once the insulation's gone, I'd bet it will turn up at a scrapyard. Sorry to hear about this, it's tough enough to make a buck, and then have to deal with this.

I'm sure thats where its headed..
What a shame... We work so hard & they rip US off, & they're the ones who call us crooks
Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, December 28, 2007 6:05:02 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by KarnyKilowatt

Someone broke into our generators and swiped about 4000 feet of cable with abbott connectors , we are in eastern PA , anybody hears anything about abbott connectors or cable let me know.

Its scrapped. We lost a bunch the week we got off the road.
A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

transplant2
Friday, December 28, 2007 6:29:20 PM
WE LOST OUR FAIR SHARE THIS YEAR TO
I Don't deserve to be here
cme
  •  cme
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, December 29, 2007 3:03:11 AM
we got hit three times this year it sucks
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, December 29, 2007 4:23:29 AM
Thanks to the contractors here all of the scrapyards have to take pics and ask for licences around DFW. It hasn't stopped it but it has slowed it down. That goes for copper and aluminum. The cops have made a few arrests based on that.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Flying Coaster
Saturday, December 29, 2007 6:42:53 AM
Nothing is sacred, around here the dirty bas***** steal copper down spouts & guttering off the old churches to scrap.
All Skywheels should be yeller.
uncle_buck
Saturday, December 29, 2007 7:25:30 AM
You dont even have too strip the wire anymore. Its called l-g wire. Caseing black SO cover, the scrap yard will take it. There paying .82$ per pound. Take back any wire you have laying around, before the crack heads get it.
They'll miss us when we're gone!
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, December 29, 2007 7:33:58 AM
What we need are effective methods and pics of how to lock down the plants.

Are they using bolt cutters, torches?

Does anyone insure the wire?
UserPostedImage
Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, December 29, 2007 7:38:00 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

What we need are effective methods and pics of how to lock down the plants.

Are they using bolt cutters, torches?

Park the plants side by side with the doors tight against the other.
A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, December 29, 2007 7:41:28 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

I don't think you can insure the wire itself; its not serial numbered or registered. You can turn in a claim against the property's carrier.

petekoloz
Saturday, December 29, 2007 8:03:24 AM
In Kalamazoo they stole all the brass grave markers from
a veterans cemetery.
Matt C.
Saturday, December 29, 2007 9:04:35 AM
When I visited RCS at the AZ State Fair they mentioned how many problems they have had over the year with wire thievs. Last winter someone broke into the containers for the La Grande Wheel and stole over $30,000 in wire. This year they said they were going to weld the container doors shut LOL.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
2ndgencarnie
Saturday, December 29, 2007 10:34:56 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by petekoloz

In Kalamazoo they stole all the brass grave markers from
a veterans cemetery.

now thats just way too low.

The wire deal is only going to get worse until we can figure out how to stop the theft. I had the leads to one of my joints stolen this year in the middle of the night. It was only 250' but it still sucked. Had to run out the next day and make a whole new line before i could open that evening.

We could pour Blacktop over top of them like Big A does at the OSF, but im sure that would suck to do for a 3 day spot.