flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, December 9, 2007 5:06:55 AM
With the passing of RS I realized I knew so little about him and with so many here I post with, many on a regular basis, I know so little about. Most profiles contain little or no info. Curious as to whether we should do a short bio just so we can know each other a little better.

Your thoughts???????????????????
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Trucker090
Sunday, December 9, 2007 5:25:25 AM
[8D][8D] You already know me Flamo!! [8D][8D]
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, December 9, 2007 5:32:20 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Trucker090

[8D][8D] You already know me Flamo!! [8D][8D]

That does pose a problem[:o)]
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Mr. Fixit
Sunday, December 9, 2007 6:34:51 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by flamo

With the passing of RS I realized I knew so little about him and with so many here I post with, many on a regular basis, I know so little about. Most profiles contain little or no info. Curious as to whether we should do a short bio just so we can know each other a little better.

I'll take a look at the options in the profiles, I seem to recall that there is an option for a brief biography field that can be included in them (which isn't turned on at the moment). Some folks I'm sure would fill it out, while others would likely stand on the fact that everyone knows them. Then there's always the folks who don't want to include that information for one reason or another.

Back when MCW moved to the current board format (January 2003), there was a great topic that was basically a bunch of brief biographies posted by those who wished to share a little bit about themselves. For those who wish to share in a topic, that may also be an option as well, and it's something that probably could be stickied.

What's everyone's thoughts on this? Now's your chance to offer some feedback on this...[:D][:D][:D] Thanks for bringing this up, Flamo.
CAUTION, Administrator at work. This is a troll-free zone.

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." - Charles Darwin
Skywheelrider
Sunday, December 9, 2007 9:43:57 PM
Wow, I remember that topic. I think it was Bryan Blair that had started it, it went on for page after page after page after page....too many pages to mention. I thought it was cool, but yeah there are many who just choose to remain anonymous here (many knockers, of course, but others as well). Still, I think it would be a great topic to bring back up. Might breath some life into this place.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, December 11, 2007 9:16:18 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by flamo

I am not sure about this one. I'm not sure I want to know all about some of the wack jobs on here.

PS, if you think I mean you, you're a wack job. So, I don't mean you. I mean him. Or her. [}:)]
Sixcats have nine lives