Skywheelrider
Sunday, December 2, 2007 10:03:55 PM
Seems like most of the time lately I click on the link to come right to the forum, and it takes quite a long time for the site to come up, sometimes ten minutes or more! And quite often I get "page cannot be displayed" or "page not found." I know it's not my internet connection, because I get an excellent signal, and no problem getting to various other websites, they pop right up. Same thing whether I use the wi-fi connection here at the house or my Verizon air card. Other times this site pops right up. Happens way more often than not.

I think it has to do with the server Matt uses, because the other websites he has done (Wade Shows for example), if I try to access them when having trouble getting MCW to pop up, they will not pop up either. It is frankly getting very frustrating. If I am not alone here, I can see why folks are not posting as much as they used to. I can get C arny Town to come up everytime with no problem, but heck, the posts there go for hours before new ones pop up more often than not. Just an example of another site that pops right up with no problems. I have tried different browsers, accessing the internet differntly, same thing happens.

Anyways, I was just curious if anyone else was having the same issues.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Cheetah
Sunday, December 2, 2007 10:07:28 PM
powersbt
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, December 2, 2007 10:08:37 PM
It was a little slow earlier tonight, but other than that, it hasn't been too bad.
What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, December 3, 2007 3:36:08 AM
It happens to me too, sometimes. As of waiting 10 minutes....i wouldnt know. A minute or too , and im on to pogo.
WestCoastPat
Monday, December 3, 2007 4:53:57 AM
I have the active topics set as my home page, and have trouble getting it to refresh quite often. I also have a local weather station as well as the river guage set as home pages. Never a problem with them even when I can not get here. It seems to be just a short period of time when it happens-if I go away for 10 minutes it comes back.
Would it help the sys op if some of us were to keep track of date and time when we have problems? I know you guys got more to do then babysit the site 24/7 and I imagine it can take a long time to do all the research to find problems but if I can help I would be happy too.
Matt's Carnival Warehouse-The best for a long time and Still the best!
WestCoastPat-Proud Mark of all things Carnival. STILL a "FAN BOY"-and proud of it.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, December 3, 2007 5:56:26 AM
Yeah, have had the same problems too.....
Trucker090
Monday, December 3, 2007 8:28:22 AM
You guys wouldn't be using Macs?? Just kidding but no problem here. I use this link.

www.carnivalwarehouse.com/forum/ 
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
Skywheelrider
Monday, December 3, 2007 8:56:27 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Trucker090

You guys wouldn't be using Macs?? Just kidding but no problem here. I use this link.

www.carnivalwarehouse.com/forum/ 

So do I. I rarely use the home page for MCW. Sometimes the board pops right up, like now, but quite often it seems to take an eternity for me even to get the "page cannot be displayed" message. No, I don't use a Mac (not because I don't like Mac's, I just don't have one).

Rhino, I don't sit for ten minutes and stare at the computer screen, I hide the browser window and do other things on the computer and check to see if MCW has come up.

Oh well, as I can see I am not the only one having issues getting the board to come up.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Monday, December 3, 2007 9:02:57 AM
matt needs to put another quarter in the slot
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Mr. Fixit
Monday, December 3, 2007 9:16:35 AM
I noticed the same a couple weeks back, and have already mentioned it to Matt. It appears to be a similar problem to what happened last winter.
CAUTION, Administrator at work. This is a troll-free zone.

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." - Charles Darwin
Sasuke Uchiha
Monday, December 3, 2007 9:51:12 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by powersbt

It was a little slow earlier tonight, but other than that, it hasn't been too bad.

Really?? I haven't been having any problems. Maybe it's you computer, you should probably buy a new one.
powersbt
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, December 3, 2007 11:16:23 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Sasuke Uchiha

Quote:

quote:

Really?? I haven't been having any problems. Maybe it's you computer, you should probably buy a new one.

Really?? Huh. Funny how sweet those Dell's navigate through Matt's. Your HP bogs down every single time I log into here.
What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
Skywheelrider
Monday, December 3, 2007 11:36:26 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Sasuke Uchiha

Quote:

quote:

Ummmm, really? Huh, maybe you need to keep your stupid comments to yourself. And reread what I originally posted in this topic about other websites and no problems. Jerk.
Sasuke Uchiha
Monday, December 3, 2007 12:03:00 PM
I'm just stating my opinion nothing wrong with that!!
Matt C.
Monday, December 3, 2007 2:14:54 PM
We have been running a monthly server back up that really bogs down on the server performance among the massive amounts of traffic the server gets. I am looking into some solutions now including a seperate server to help offset the load or possibly the upgrade to another, higher performance server. I will post more updates soon...
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com