AGS
  •  AGS
  • 55.38% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, August 28, 2007 3:09:55 PM
Just to let you all know, I removed my photo collection from Yahoo photos before they did. I still have my photos in Webshots though. I will be adding more photos in Webshots.
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, August 28, 2007 3:34:23 PM
I transferred mine to flickr. Yahoo made it easy to do that.
BSA Mike
Tuesday, August 28, 2007 5:01:58 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rhino

I transferred mine to flickr. Yahoo made it easy to do that.

same here
AGS
  •  AGS
  • 55.38% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 11:31:34 AM
Is "Flicker" a "Freebe" like Yahoo Photos was ? Just wondering.
cny_chris
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 11:36:32 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by AGS

Is "Flicker" a "Freebe" like Yahoo Photos was ? Just wondering.

Free for a certain number of pictures... but not unlimited like Yahoo was.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
AGS
  •  AGS
  • 55.38% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 11:45:34 AM
Thanks for the Info cny_chris, Maybe I'll look a little further into it. Thanks again.
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 8:42:22 PM
LOL I have so many photos at Yahoo! Photos, they did not give me the option of switching to Flickr. That's fine, I don't care for Flickr anyways. I cannot even access my Yahoo! Photos anymore, it won't let me in. That's fine too, let them just go away so I don't have to deal with them anymore, more annoying than anything anymore, uploading photos.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
cny_chris
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 8:46:43 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

LOL I have so many photos at Yahoo! Photos, they did not give me the option of switching to Flickr. That's fine, I don't care for Flickr anyways. I cannot even access my Yahoo! Photos anymore, it won't let me in. That's fine too, let them just go away so I don't have to deal with them anymore, more annoying than anything anymore, uploading photos.

I haven't moved anything yet myself, and not sure that I will move anything, as it's all backed up elsewhere. I got an email from them about moving my photos, but am suspect that it won't be as smooth as they say it is, should I choose to go that route. I agree, access is spotty, and it's hard to access things on their site right now.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Hambone
  •  Hambone
  • 55.16% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, August 30, 2007 7:40:05 AM
I'm uploading new pictures to flickr, but I'm not transferring pictures from yahoo. When yahoo closes they are gone.
Alabama 18 time National Champions Roll Tide
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, August 30, 2007 5:20:49 PM
I'm locked in, no additional fees. I paid the fee one time.

Dear AT&T Yahoo! member,

AT&T and Yahoo! have a history of providing its members with award-winning, industry-leading Internet products and services at a great value.

For some time now, we've supported two photo services: AT&T Yahoo! Photos and Flickr. But even good things must come to an end. After careful consideration, we've decided to close AT&T Yahoo! Photos to focus our efforts on Flickr, the award-winning photo-sharing community that TIME magazine has called "completely addictive."

We will begin closing AT&T Yahoo! Photos later this summer. But don't worry — starting September 21, 2007, we will begin moving your photos to Flickr, where you will enjoy a Pro account at no cost (valued at $24.95 per year), as long as you keep your AT&T Yahoo! service.

Your AT&T Yahoo! Photos account will continue to be available to you until we begin moving your photos to Flickr. You will receive an email when the move begins, and another one when it is complete.

Are you already a Flickr user? If so, you will now have access to Flickr Pro at no additional charge. Associate your existing Flickr account with your AT&T Yahoo! email address to automatically receive Flickr Pro access.

We look forward to continuing to provide you with industry-leading Internet products. For more details about this change to your service, please visit our frequently asked questions.

AT&T Yahoo! Member Services
UserPostedImage