rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, August 8, 2007 1:31:01 PM
How many of you value the opinions of the customer to make your show or joint even better? Is there any shows who have a drop box for customer opinions or complaints?
I am asking this question because I am very opinionated. I like to express my opinion without being too critcal or demeaning. I really love the carnival industry and when I find a good show I usually spend more, mainly because I hang out longer.
How do some of you feel about this subject?
RodB
Discjo
Wednesday, August 8, 2007 1:41:45 PM
I care __ You care __but does the owner really care or is it just a PR thing?
Hambone
  •  Hambone
  • 55.16% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, August 8, 2007 5:36:50 PM
If the show has email you can email them.
I recieved this not so nice email from a uninformed customer.

My name is (edited) and I have to let you know that while on your rides in Otwell Indiana during the 4th of July, my 7 year old daughter was traumatized. It appeared that your swing and scrambler operators were spinning the rides way to fast. The result is that evening and every night since then she has awakened in severe night terror incidents. We are now seeking medical help.

I cant to the life of me, understand how an entire industry chooses to keep the cliche alive by hiring worthless, degenerate, 1 celled oganisms to operate machinery used by families and little children. Your operators were at the very least retarted because one of them spoke to me and I honestly had to think like a retarted little child to carry on a conversation with him. Is all of your management, and I mean industry wide, stupid enough to open yourselves to potential lawsuits because of a low wage. Hire these bozos to bark for the yak woman but for god sake don't give them a key and a throttle.
Thank a lot.....

(name edited)
Alabama 18 time National Champions Roll Tide
SaraAB
Wednesday, August 8, 2007 6:40:59 PM
I had a feeling this is the kind of thing you would get if you had a complaint line open... you would get a beef with just about everything instead of legit complaints. Or else just have Pinetar, Flamo, or one of the other MCW vets take care of those complaints!

Oh and to rebuttle the statement not that it is necessary I had a VERY intelligent conversation with a ride operator on Powers about the Cortina bobs while I was waiting for the flying bobs ride to start.
Trucker090
Wednesday, August 8, 2007 7:32:58 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Hambone

If the show has email you can email them.
I recieved this not so nice email from a uninformed customer.

My name is (edited) and I have to let you know that while on your rides in Otwell Indiana during the 4th of July, my 7 year old daughter was traumatized. It appeared that your swing and scrambler operators were spinning the rides way to fast. The result is that evening and every night since then she has awakened in severe night terror incidents. We are now seeking medical help.

I cant to the life of me, understand how an entire industry chooses to keep the cliche alive by hiring worthless, degenerate, 1 celled oganisms to operate machinery used by families and little children. Your operators were at the very least retarted because one of them spoke to me and I honestly had to think like a retarted little child to carry on a conversation with him. Is all of your management, and I mean industry wide, stupid enough to open yourselves to potential lawsuits because of a low wage. Hire these bozos to bark for the yak woman but for god sake don't give them a key and a throttle.
Thank a lot.....

(name edited)

How stupid can that mother be? Cant she see how fast the rides were going?? If her little angel cant take it she should of never let her ride.. Oh I guess the bozo operater grabbed her and forced her to ride the rides!! Shame on him..She should of kept her in kiddie land..
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
stickjoint
Wednesday, August 8, 2007 9:41:34 PM
retards eh, she or he forgot the S in thanks, hmm just pointing it out.
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, August 9, 2007 4:30:16 AM
You get the "professional beefers" like hambone's there when you open the line of communication like that. However i'm sure it has it's good side,right? Nah,probably not...
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, August 9, 2007 4:49:27 AM
It say she was terrorized by the swing and the scrambler...nice mommy....kid was terrorized on one ride, lets try it again . Now, who is the "tard". Noticing the medical treatment line, ill bet the show will hear from this person again.
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, August 9, 2007 5:03:58 AM
Wow! I guess when you get emails like that you would not want to open the door for more of the same.
RodB
Hambone
  •  Hambone
  • 55.16% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, August 9, 2007 7:18:07 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rhino

It say she was terrorized by the swing and the scrambler...nice mommy....kid was terrorized on one ride, lets try it again . Now, who is the "tard". Noticing the medical treatment line, ill bet the show will hear from this person again.

Not yet!
Hambone
  •  Hambone
  • 55.16% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, August 9, 2007 7:31:06 AM
I waited a day called Kal and asked him if he wanted to respond he said yes but make short, here is his response.

We are sorry for your daughters trouble, however due to insurance and government regulations ride speeds are preset at the factory. Also Indiana has state mandated ride inspections, that include proper assembly and operation for each ride.

My response would have not been so nice.