GJRinMN
  •  GJRinMN
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help Topic Starter
Thursday, June 21, 2007 6:58:11 PM
They are currently playing the upper Midwest area in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota in the next few weeks. I'll get the chance to see them in southern Minnesota in August. I've heard they have purchased a Pharaoh's Fury and a Century Wheel. Anyone heard any other news?
TheShadow
Friday, June 22, 2007 2:35:51 AM
They are in Waterloo/Cedar Falls IA this weekend. Raining there now. They have booked in a Mega Bounce for the year...more details later.
GJRinMN
  •  GJRinMN
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Friday, June 22, 2007 11:39:47 AM
GJRinMN
  •  GJRinMN
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Wednesday, July 18, 2007 7:56:25 PM
They're playing the Scott County Fair in Jordan, MN July 25th-29th. One unit will be there, the other will be at the North Iowa Fair in Mason City, IA the same dates. I may get the chance to see them in Jordan. Otherwise I will see both units at the Freeborn County Fair the following week in Albert Lea, MN July 31st-August 5th.

www.freeborncountyfair.com  www.merriams.com 

Their web site still hasn't been updated since May '06. Curious to see what's all new.
the-novelty-man
Thursday, July 19, 2007 4:36:25 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by GJRinMN

They are currently playing the upper Midwest area in Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota in the next few weeks. I'll get the chance to see them in southern Minnesota in August. I've heard they have purchased a Pharaoh's Fury and a Century Wheel. Anyone heard any other news?

I Heard They bought the Century Wheel from Funland RBS Mike Stevens
The-Novelty-Man
GJRinMN
  •  GJRinMN
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Thursday, July 19, 2007 7:49:01 AM
That's what I've heard too, they bought it from Funland RBS.
GJRinMN
  •  GJRinMN
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Friday, July 27, 2007 3:55:19 PM
I saw Merriam's at the Scott County Fair in Jordan, MN today. Todd's unit was featured. The rides included:

Mega Bounce
Orbiter
Starship 2000
Scooter
Tilt-A-Whirl
Carousel
Speedway
Monkey Mayhem
Crazy Bus
Hampton Whales
Wacky Shack Fun House
15 games
4 food stands

I will see both units this upcoming week at the Freeborn County Fair in Albert Lea, MN. The other unit (Dale's) is playing at the North Iowa Fair in Mason City IA.

GJRinMN
  •  GJRinMN
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Sunday, August 5, 2007 2:45:48 PM
Just got back from a weeklong trip to Albert Lea, Minnesota. Visited friends at the Freeborn County Fair which ran from July 31st-August 5th. This is typically one of Minnesota's largest county fairs. Last year's attendance was 103,000. This year's attendance will be off due to all day wind and rain and a high of about 58 on Saturday.

Admission to the fair was $8 for ages 10 on up. Parking was $3. Grandstand shows were FREE with admission to the fair. Shows were at 7 and 9 PM.

The grandstand line up included:
Tues July 31st - Heartland
Wed Aug 1st - Little Anthony and the Imperials
Thurs Aug 2nd - Jake Owen
Fri Aug 3rd - Josh Turner
Sat Aug 4th - SHeDAISY
Sun Aug 5th - Demolition Derby 4 PM

There were 50-60 food stands throughout the fair.
Mitchell Showboat Marionettes
Steve Bayner Hypnotist

Merriam's Midway was back for the 4th year. I planned on taking pictures but didn't, due to the carnival not bringing alot of their
rides. It didnt look as impressive as other years. The 1st year they were there they had 24 rides, then 23 the next, 22 last year and 21 this year. The 1st night of the fair rides were $1 5-close.
Pre-fair armbands were $15 and $20 at the fair. Armband sessions were 6-11 PM Wed, Thurs, Fri, 1-5 PM on Sat(kids day..Was pretty much a rainout)and 12-8 PM Sunday.

Rides included:
Zipper
Mega Bounce
Orbiter
Starship 2000
Scooter
Tilt
Eli Wheel
Carousel
Euro Bungy
Speedway
Monkey Mayhem
Hampton Cycles
Hampton Whales
Go Gator
Crazy Bus
Swings
Rio Grande Train
Bears
Slide
Wacky Shack Fun House
Space Maze
6 food stands
25 games
Rock Climbing Wall

There was NO Spin Out or Scrambler. The Thunder Bolt didnt totally arrive until day 2 of the fair. The tub trailer was in storage in Spencer, IA and got there late. They left it racked next to the carnival. The Kamikaze also had hydraulic problems and arrived on day 4 and was not set up. The Starship 2000 was not operating until day 4.

They never bring the Sky Wheel to the fair either which is a shame. The fairboard from the nearby Steele County Fair doesn't allow Merriam's to have the Sky Wheel there at the Freeborn County Fair. Talk about a bunch of crap. That sucks. There shouldn't be a rivalry between neighboring fairs. The Steele County Fair just wants to capitalize on having the biggest, best and most of anything at their fair. The Freeborn County Fair has the best entertainment value of any county fair in Minnesota. Merriam's usally has 30-35 rides at the Steele County Fair. That fair is 2 weeks after the Freeborn County Fair.

Had a nice time there despite the smaller carnival.