axenstar
  •  axenstar
  • 50.12% (Neutral)
  • Operations Topic Starter
Monday, June 18, 2007 2:55:58 PM
I was thinking on trying to get in modeling and was wondering about the IHC models. I was wondering if they Rack up too without making a mod.? Looks like they do, but not sure.
Midwest carnival
midwestcarnivalshows.com
Benjibear
Monday, June 18, 2007 3:40:25 PM
None of the IHC models are built to rack.
IHC are good starting kits. I built everyone once and right now I am going back amd either modifying what I originally did or rebuild the rides. With a little paint and imagination the kits make nice models.
The other thing is I sometimes wonder how to scale the rides are. I know the Hampton kits are oversized. I suspect some of the others may not be right either but I have never confirmed that.

It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
skydiver77
Monday, June 18, 2007 6:53:10 PM
Yes, IHC rides are good to start with. My very first HO ride was the Faller Rainbow as i have always been a fan of the ride since 7 years old. The Faller rides aren't much harder, you have to take your time, have patience, and in the end you will have a very nice ride for your carnival / park layout. I don't suggest the Faller Log Flume kit, that thing is Tough!! I tried to build it, but didn't get very far. [:(] Next time i attempt the Log Flume, i'm not adding every single detail to it, just the water troughs, log cars, and the stuff it takes to get moving..that's it.

~Ben
axenstar
  •  axenstar
  • 50.12% (Neutral)
  • Operations Topic Starter
Tuesday, June 19, 2007 11:12:18 AM
So pretty much I have to do mods to make these models rack up. I was just wondering because I have seen pic of racked mods. Thanks for the info.
Midwest carnival
midwestcarnivalshows.com
Benjibear
Tuesday, June 19, 2007 3:28:35 PM
I sell parts to build a racked version of a hampton ride. You need to provide other parts to make it a complete model. I also have on my workbench parts to build a racked slide. I hope to be able to offer those parts for sale in late summer or in the fall.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.