flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 5:56:48 AM
Seems like companies like Norton get a free classified ad here as we post links to auctions, fairs, festivals and suppliers. In many cases we post reports and shows with pictures and other pertinent information. I'd like to see some pony up as have those above.

Hurley posts an ad for Wade on every thing he posts with his signature but Wade picks up the tab in classified box. That's just an example. The bigger shows can afford the tab and I'm glad to see it but folks like Norton could step up also.

Just a thought and an observation.............................
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Benjibear
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 7:42:31 AM
Some get publicity they would rather not have.

Maybe we need to do on the game shows and bleep out the name of the companies.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 8:35:50 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by flamo

Seems like companies like Norton get a free classified ad here as we post links to auctions, fairs, festivals and suppliers. In many cases we post reports and shows with pictures and other pertinent information. I'd like to see some pony up as have those above.

Hurley posts an ad for Wade on every thing he posts with his signature but Wade picks up the tab in classified box. That's just an example. The bigger shows can afford the tab and I'm glad to see it but folks like Norton could step up also.

And, you care about whether or not they get away with a free ad because? I would think if Matt doesn't care...............
Sixcats have nine lives
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 8:43:41 AM
Well, really you cannot blame a company when someone here posts a topic and mentions a show, a toy company, sign company, amusement park, fair, auction, etc. Take Norton for example, if someone gets a brochure, or sees a brochure online and they mention it here, that is their choice, not the company's choice, they did not ask for it (or them) to be mentioned here, it just happened that way, just another way this forum works.

As for Matt, I think it works both ways. The logo in my signature is a link to the Wade Shows website, which was designed and is maintaned by Matt, and he has his info posted at the bottom of the webpape (on all the sites he handles it is the same way). He gets paid for the website, and at the same time advertises his services for free on each website.

And more than anything, like Sixcat said, if it does not bother Matt (as apparently it does not), then don't try to fix what isn't broke.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 8:59:12 AM
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Trucker090
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 10:10:24 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by flamo

Flamo can't help he is half Jewish lol... He mentions his PBQs but does not give up any change lol..
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
Cheetah
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 11:05:05 AM
Is someone from Norton posting , or is third parties making the posts?
Trucker090
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 5:30:41 PM
Third parties!
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com