Jackpotter
  •  Jackpotter
  • 62.54% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, May 29, 2007 8:07:16 AM
So if CVS bought Fantasy's Wisdom Himi, what did Bill Johnson replace that with on Fantasy?
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Tuesday, May 29, 2007 8:10:49 AM
drumroll please..................................... another newer wisdom himmy (or as some of call them a wisdom super hampton)
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
JustinJames
Tuesday, May 29, 2007 8:32:42 AM
Didn't he get the Matterhorn one. From All Star?
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Tuesday, May 29, 2007 8:37:32 AM
brand spakin new
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Matt C.
Tuesday, May 29, 2007 12:39:03 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Tre in GA
those things are like glorified kiddie rides man...............

But the important thing is that they make money and more efficient then a multi trailer himalaya. [:)]
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
JustinJames
Tuesday, May 29, 2007 5:32:24 PM
Quote:

quote:

A wisdom super hampton, hahahahahah
tre

The bottom line is the dollar... not what the fans think. Remember, most don't even know the difference.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, May 29, 2007 5:43:46 PM
they ride full loads with the right mike man and operation. most people do not know the difference and the cost of moving and set up is less. more $$$$$$$$. same with the majestic piece.
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, May 29, 2007 6:32:07 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustinJames

Quote:

quote:

A wisdom super hampton, hahahahahah
tre

The bottom line is the dollar... not what the fans think. Remember, most don't even know the difference.

Exactly. One show owner told me that his Wisdom made just as much money as his multi-trailer piece at the same fair, and was much easier and less costly to move. In that case, which one would you set up?
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 3:17:35 AM
It only makes a difference to the fans, not the showman.
UserPostedImage
Jackpotter
  •  Jackpotter
  • 62.54% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 5:15:19 AM
I'd even take it a step farther...

It only makes a difference to the FANATICS...not the average fair goer who doesn't know the difference in the thing....it goes in circle, has loud music, lights...

Kinda like your average fair goer doesn't know the difference in an Eli Hi 5, Eli 16, Beirbaum etc Ferris Wheel....
JustinJames
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 7:57:57 AM
I remember when I was working on Wade's Bobs. We were in Independence Missouri the in 2000. Playworld's Himi was across from me. I laughed at how lame the action of the ride was...

THEN IT PLACED NUMBER 1 for the whole frickin spot. I stopped laughing and starting thinking more.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 8:47:57 AM
Quote:

quote:

I remember when I was working on Wade's Bobs. We were in Independence Missouri the in 2000. Playworld's Himi was across from me. I laughed at how lame the action of the ride was...

THEN IT PLACED NUMBER 1 for the whole frickin spot. I stopped laughing and starting thinking more.

Were you working the mike and music on the bobs?
IndianaTED
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 1:34:25 PM
Quote:

quote:

Hey guys !! I didnt mean to ruffle any feathers !!!
I understand why the Wisdom pieces are more appealing, and I do understand why some shows are more willing to carry a wisdom piece over a Bettazon or a Reverchon.
But nothing will ever top a Reverchon in my opinion I mean they just are such beautiful rides, and I know the average joe beside me at the fair doesnt care. Ive ridden a Wisdom Himi and its just not the same, the sounds are different, its so much smaller and just doesnt give the same ride. When a Reverchon kicks in you can feel it, the weight of the ride pushing you. The sound of the track if the music is quiet. The echo under the wooden decks.

The days of these types of rides are fading fast, And I am not looking foward to those days at all......... I ll still go and ride at that point,, but it will never be the same..........
tre

You are right again Tre, they are fading. The "golden age" has long past. I don't blame Show owners for making decisions on the bottom line, they have to! Especially now more than ever. But there is no comparison between the classic Himmys and the newer water-down versions. And yes, people do know the difference. I've heard people make that observation that don't know or care about the details of a carnival.

If a Wisdom one-trailer model is the only option, of course people will ride! That doesn't mean they don't realize it isn't the same as the two-trailer Reverchon model that was at the event the year before.
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
JustinJames
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 6:08:05 PM
And for the record... I agree. But, I'd say a MACK Musik ride is the topper of them all. Reverchon is a CLOSE second IMHO.
JustinJames
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 6:11:16 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by britt

Quote:

Were you working the mike and music on the bobs?
[/quote

Sure was... But it doesn't matter. The bobs has 18 cars, manual lapbars and blindside areas. The Wisdom himi has 22 cars, airlock automatic lapbars and all areas visible. The math kills it everytime.