Ryan Russell
Tuesday, May 22, 2007 8:39:31 PM
Does anybody have any suggestions or advice for applying photo paper to styrene plastic? I thought it was discussed here before that there was spray on adhesive but nothing came up when I did a search. Thanks in advance.
Tuesday, May 22, 2007 9:03:36 PM
well, I recently used some spray on adhesive, and i wasnt impressed.

It was elmers brand, came in a spray paint-sized can, orange lid.

"good for wood, plastic, paper"
well i found it to be really spotty, even though it was a clean coat.
many bubbles:( may have been just me, though.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 10:00:33 PM
I use a good-old-fashion glue stick. Cut out what you want to glue, then rub the glue on the backside of the paper, then flip it over and smooth it out over the styrene. Nice thing is, it is moveable for a few minutes so you can straighten it out. Then let it sit for awhile to dry before cutting the stryene. The photo paper rarely comes up, and even then only on the corners occassionaly, which is fixed with a quick touch of up of glue stick.

Word of warning: use white (clear) only, don't use the blue (or any other coloured glue), it makes a mess and be careful not to get glue on ink, it can smear. I spray the printed paper with a clear coat first, then cut out and glue. I just finished building some game trailers and am in the process of building some food trailers, using photo paper glued to stryene with glue sticks. Hope this helps.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, May 23, 2007 2:26:19 AM
I use CA. The longer it takes to cure, the better. If the initial application is good, then it allows me enough time to make final adjustments. Once it's there, it's there, and have yet to have any graphic come back off.
What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
  •  AGS
  • 55.38% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Wednesday, May 23, 2007 12:14:12 PM
I use Carpet Tape. It is double sided and is thin as Scotch tape.
BSA Mike
Wednesday, May 23, 2007 2:11:02 PM
3M Adhesive spray works good for me, or as brett said the CA+ Zap a Gap or whatevr its called lol but i wouldn't use the zap a gap unless its photo paper, it bleeds thru regualr paper
Matt C.
Wednesday, May 23, 2007 2:33:35 PM
i use tacky glue... but with any white glue, if you bend the styreen enough the glue will loosen up and the decal will come off.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
Wednesday, May 23, 2007 2:59:50 PM
Why not just use water slide decals?
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Wednesday, May 23, 2007 5:34:46 PM
I use a plain and simple ole glue stick. lol
Sit down, buckle up, and get ready to SCREAM, its the HIMALAYAAAAAAAA...